Sun Bowl or Insight bowl????

Something east of California.

We would end up with USC or California if things go the way they are supposed. But I would guess someone would pick up SC.

If Oregon State wins out they are the Pac 10 champion and SC ends up second. Holiday Bowl. If Oregon State loses a game in conf we get California.

There are three good teams out here. Oregon State who most scoff at have been to something like 8 straight bowl games. They come on strong late in the season for some reason.

Tempe sounds good to me this year, but Alamo or Sun would work, I can make it there. I will take you with me Rawhide!

If Ore. St. wins out they go to the BCS automatically. And I'm also willing to guarantee that USC is an at-large bid if that happens. So....if things work out the way its supposed to, wouldn't that be Cal?

Yes that is what I said in a round about way. :)

California Gave SC a good game last night. They have some great running backs. A lot of speed. I would prefere a game where we really had a good chance of winning, I know I don't like saying it but we need a slow assed Big 10 team to whip on. Give the kids some good practice time a win and a good off season. I do not think we are the level of California. But who knows.

Wait until the season is over. We looked better yesterday but still gave up a lot of yards.

Lets say Nebraska beats KSU and CU, and Missouri falls and Nebraska wins the big XII North and heads to the Big XII Championship and upsets #2 ranked Texas Tech.

Nebraska goes 9-4 and is Big XII Champions. Where do we go then?

<_<

I know that's a big if, but I like to wonder.

I'd be happy with 8-4 and a trip to the Alamo Bowl. Bo already has the team back on track because we're bowl eligible. Lets keep it going and really increase our chances of a big bowl game.

Here's my guess:

Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Texas, and Oklahoma State will definately finish higher than us. Most likely, 2 will receive BCS bids. Doesn't really matter whom that is, because all 4 will be ahead of us. Missouri, eh, I don't know. They will probably end up higher than us too, but if they get beat by Kansas/South winner I could definately see us getting a higher bowl bid because of our fanbase. With that in mind, here's what i say:

BCS - Texas Tech

BCS - Texas

Cotton - Oklahoma

Gator - Oklahoma State

Alamo - Nebraska/Missouri

Holiday - Nebraska/Missouri

Sun - Kansas

So who knows...I'm assuming we win out and that the Gator Bowl will take Okie State over ND, but who knows if they actually will. If they don't, we'd slide down one bowl on the list. And also, if the Big 12 doesn't get two BCS bids we would slide down again.

Holiday Bowl?

I can't think of a single good reason the Gator bowl would rather have OKST than ND. I think you need to take the Gator out of there. Also, you have them ranked wrong. The Alamo should be at the bottom of that list. So it would be...

BCS - Texas Tech

BCS - Texas

Cotton - Oklahoma

Holiday - Oklahoma State

Sun - Missouri

Alamo - Nebraska

Insight - Kansas

I'm also not sure that we can get a higher bowl bid than Missouri just because of our fan base, aren't the Sun and Alamo locked in to who they get based on the final Big12 standings?

Recently, I believe that there has been some sort of provision added so that the loser of the Big 12 title game shall fall no lower than the Cotton Bowl in the pecking order. With that said, here are my predictions.

OU and Texas both get into BCS games.

Mizzou in the Cotton Bowl

Texas Tech in the Holiday Bowl

Oklahoma State in the Alamo Bowl

Nebraska in the Sun Bowl

Kansas in the Insight Bowl

This is one year that a single conference can make a case for 3 teams in the BCS.

Yes that is what I said in a round about way. :)

California Gave SC a good game last night. They have some great running backs. A lot of speed. I would prefere a game where we really had a good chance of winning, I know I don't like saying it but we need a slow assed Big 10 team to whip on. Give the kids some good practice time a win and a good off season. I do not think we are the level of California. But who knows.

Wait until the season is over. We looked better yesterday but still gave up a lot of yards.

Cal's overrated.

Great D, but no QB to speak of and Jahvid Best is their only option, and USC proved that if you can stop that, then you win.

I think that would be good. NU has the players to hang with Cal, and it would be (hopefully) a classy win. Plus, living in Norcal, it would be great to watch the Cal myopians hang their head yet again.

And you're right, NU gave up a mountain of yards.

Been to several sights, and obviously got several opinions and projections....

Fox, cbs, nbc sports, espn, some sights I haven't even heard of......

a few Alamo (2) vs Wisconsin (cbs) vs Minnesota (espn)

Insight vs Iowa (nbc sports)

Sun vs Oregon State (espn)

Houston vs East Carolina (fox)

I know that none of this means crap, but isn't it fun to think hypothetically and realize that we are once agian going bowling... I love this time of year... the guessing games are fun.

Not gonna quote anything but im gonna reply to a few.

I dont see any way we fall to the Houston bowl...in fact i dont see any way they get to pick a big XII team.

second, the winner of the Big XII automatically goes to the fiesta if not chosen for the championship game.

third, there is a rule against 3 conference teams going into BCS games (im pretty sure)

fourth, the alamo bowl is considered higher then the sun bowl but lower then the gator bowl (meaning they get the choice first)

Lets say Nebraska beats KSU and CU, and Missouri falls and Nebraska wins the big XII North and heads to the Big XII Championship and upsets #2 ranked Texas Tech.

<_<

I'd be happy with 8-4 and a trip to the Alamo Bowl. Bo already has the team back on track because we're bowl eligible. Lets keep it going and really increase our chances of a big bowl game.

Winner of the big 12 gets a BCS bid for us that would be the fiesta bowl

:hmmph:hmmph:hmmph

<_<

I dont think thats totally unheard of. And we did take T-Tech to the limit so. Well see.

<_<

I dont think thats totally unheard of. And we did take T-Tech to the limit so. Well see.

Missouri has to fall twice (ISU and Kansas) to drop below us, since they have the head-to-head tiebreaker. Or Kansas could force a 3 way tie by beating both Texas and MU, but I think Missouri is going to win the tie breaker as highest ranked if I read the tiebreaker right. The chances of Nebrasks getting to the title game are slim and none, and Slim is packing his bags.

<_<

Missouri has to fall twice (ISU and Kansas) to drop below us, since they have the head-to-head tiebreaker. Or Kansas could force a 3 way tie by beating both Texas and MU, but I think Missouri is going to win the tie breaker as highest ranked if I read the tiebreaker right. The chances of Nebrasks getting to the title game are slim and none, and Slim is packing his bags.

Why is he packing his bags? Cause he's headed to the Big 12 Champ game maybe??!!

:koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2:

Sorry, I had too. Guess I'll go help Slim pack...still a great year with exciting results, regardless of Big 12 north champs or not.

There is no way the Gator bowl takes a Big XII team two years in a row.

From what I understand, the Gator Bowl has a new 2 year agreement with the Big 12 and Big East/ND, where they have to take one of each to play against the ACC team. Or maybe this is the continuation of a 4 yearm 2/2 agreement and they've already used one of each in the last 2 years. In any case, they have to take a Big 12 team one of the next 2 years.

I think they are more likely to take a strong Big 12 team this year, and hope that Notre Dame is better next year. The Big East is also terrible this year so the Big 12 looks a lot more attractive this year, and that may not be the case next year.

There is no Gator, guys. It's always the Gator OR Sun. Last year it was Gator, this year it's Sun.

BCS

BCS

Cotton

Holiday

Alamo

Sun

Insight

That should be all the bowls the Big 12 will be represented in. Overall, some pretty good teams will be in all of them. I'm pretty sure thats the correct order, so just put down the teams from top to bottom that are the best to worst and see where we wind up.

Probably Alamo/Sun. Sun is most likely, but i still think Alamo would be possible over Mizzou. Tho whoever mentioned it about the Championship game loser, that's a good point if it's true. I haven't heard anything about that, but if it's true then it's pretty much a lock for us in the Sun Bowl.