Watson

00Husker

I hope he stays until we get back on top of the Big 12.........not just the North... I agree with the post that says Tim Beck is being groomed to be OC.....that may be what got him to leave KU and come to NU.... behind the scenes, he maybe was told that he might get the next shot ot OC.

I hope he stays until we get back on top of the Big 12.........not just the North... I agree with the post that says Tim Beck is being groomed to be OC.....that may be what got him to leave KU and come to NU.... behind the scenes, he maybe was told that he might get the next shot ot OC.

i think that is right, but at least another year away..........hopefully.

But Norvell had NO control over the offense, I believe that's why he left.

I think this has to be why Norvell left because it was all over the news that Dorrell was going to be fired at UCLA unless he did a 180 with the program in one year.

As for Watson, I think he stays here for another 3 years. Venebles has been the sole DC at OU for what 4 years or so, and he is now just starting to get interviews for a desirable HC job. If we become part of the elite group of teams again in the next 3 years, it wouldn't shock me to see him take a HC job in a BCS conference. The first 5 games, I was a little disturbed by our offense. However once Barney got the OL to gel and block, things took care of itself.

Watson will not go anywhere this year...I believe he will be patient and wait for the right opportunity to leave. I think the Huskers have to be on top for him to get the gig he really is looking for and get the respect of the fans and players as he walks into that program, much like Bo did coming back to Nebraska.

Shawn Watson has really progressed this year, with the transition of the offense from a power run and game with heavy formation sets, to somewhat of a spread offense.

I'd really hate to see Watson leave without getting players in here that suit this type of offense.

Damn, if we are 10th in offense now, I'd love to see what we could do with the "right" players!!!

Wouldn't a legit reason, for Watson to stay, be that he wants to be part of this rebuilding team? Think of how much his stock would go up if he sticks around and the 'skers get back into the national hunt year in and out. For that reason alone I figure he sticks it out a few more years, along with some other good points brought up already. I just don't see him leaving yet unless he gets a boot.

Wouldn't a legit reason, for Watson to stay, be that he wants to be part of this rebuilding team? Think of how much his stock would go up if he sticks around and the 'skers get back into the national hunt year in and out. For that reason alone I figure he sticks it out a few more years, along with some other good points brought up already. I just don't see him leaving yet unless he gets a boot.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SP...;ATCLID=1615719

Makes it sound like he really likes it here...