Cy Final "Pick The Winners" Predictions

My final Prediction Thread of the 2008 season is finally here! After amassing an amazing record of…uh…297-3 (I’m including all the games that I predicted correctly but didn’t mention on this board because…because…uh…well, just because) After today all of my predictions will either be for the Bowls (if they interest me enough to care….Chuckey Cheese Bowl, Campbell’s Soup Bowl, Saniflush Toilet Bowl…who cares? Well, I guess I care about the Saniflush one since it appears that’s where ISU has received a bid from). So…without further adieu….

Iowa State (2-9) at Kansas State (4-7) – Wow! Rock em, Sock em football action here! But, believe it or not, there actually are a couple of things these teams are playing for. If ISU wins, they don’t finish in the cellar in the North…Kansas State does. Both teams will be playing in the newly dubbed Bottom Feeder Rivalry…the loser getting one of those tasteful singing catfish plaques to mount on their locker room wall. Both teams play with that explosive, yet ineffective and sometimes ridiculous exuberance displayed by the very enthusiastic yet talent-deficient. ISU has better reasons to lose than to win. With the UAB victory at Tulane last Saturday, ISU is now the sole holder of the longest road losing streak in the entire galaxy…and, with a loss, they get the first pick in the 2008 Canadian High School Draft….

Kansas State (5-7) over Iowa State (2-10)

Texas Tech (10-0) at Oklahoma (9-1) – Here’s the game that’s going to either crown the champion of the Big 12, or the team that’s gonna get screwed out of a big BCS bowl game. Never mind…one of the two of them is going to get screwed no matter what. If Tech wins…that’s it. They take a couple weeks off to scrimmage Baylor and Missouri then head off to the BCS Championship game….if Oklahoma wins, well, their road is a little tougher since they’ll have to play OK State…but after their scrimmage with Missouri they should be well rested for their perennial loss in some meaningless bowl because Texas will be the other team playing in a big BCS game. Stoops almost never loses at home…has a record of something like 10,913 – 3 there…but I’m tired of seeing the Sooners get trounced over the holiday season…let’s end it early so Stoops and the gang can actually have time to Christmas shop instead of sending out that cheesy (and free) Sooner gear…

Texas Tech (11-0) over Oklahoma (9-2)

Texas A&M (4-7) at Texas (10-1) – A&M is going for a perfect record this week…0 for Texas, having already lost to in-state rivals Tech and Baylor (luckily they don’t play Houston, Rice, TCU or West Texas State or things would look really glum). Still, the season’s end can’t get here early enough for A&M (many of their players have publicly expressed their jealousy over the fact that ISU and KSU get to “stop the bleeding 5 freakin days earlier than us” and are looking at the possibility of transferring…to Houston, Rice, TCU or West Texas State….not ISU or KSU) The only way A&M comes close is if they put together a bonfire and use a gasoline soaked Colt McCoy to light it up.

Texas (11-1) over Texas A&M (5-7)

Colorado (5-6) at Nebraska (7-4) – Ah the friendly confines of Memorial stadium…home of so many Colorado moral victories…and victories are about the only thing associated with “moral” when it comes to the Buffs and their fans. Anybody want a used 1968 VW Microbus? Head West on I-80 out of Lincoln and you’ll find tons of them scattered along the shoulder all the way to Boulder as their pseudo-hippy fan base forgets where they were headed, pull over and then wander the sand hills in search of some ditch weed to harvest, a commune to join or some female underclassman to violate…Nebraska will be playing for a better bowl…CU just wants to finish up the year so they can go home and smoke a bowl.

Nebraska (8-4) over Colorado (5-7)

Kansas (6-5) at Missouri (9-2) – Actually, I don’t know which team is the home team and which is the visitors but it doesn’t really matter because it’ll just be nice to see some real football played in Airhead this year (yeah Chief fans…I’m taking a cheap shot at your football team…whatcha gonna do about it…beat somebody or something?) For Kansas, this year’s theme should be “Oh How The Meaty Has Fallen…A Tribute To Our Coach” Don’t worry though…there are more bowls out there than quality teams so you’ll still be going somewhere…Detroit…Cleveland…some place exotic like that. The Chase ends here for Missouri as they enjoy their final victory before Daniel has to change his name to Caught…as in “caught and crushed behind the line by (fill in the South opponent here)”

Missouri (10-2) over Kansas (6-6)

Baylor (4-7) at Texas Tech (11-0) – And the winner of the mythical state title in the state of Texas is…Mexico! Nah…it’s Texas Tech. Baylor has finally established itself as “Not The Worst D-1 School in Texas” this year, which is a big accomplishment so kudos to Baylor. After a loss to Texas Tech, they’ll only be TIED for the title of Worst D-1 School in Texas with A&M. Regardless, they should provide a spirited scrimmage for Tech, allowing the Mighty Leachs to whip some of their 3rd and 4th stringers to get a workout before they have to play Missouri. No need risking an injury to your starters when you don’t really need to. They’ll be well rested by BCS Championship Game time.

Texas Tech (12-0) over Baylor (5-7)

Oklahoma (9-2) at Oklahoma State (9-2) – Okay, after an entire season has gone by, I can’t let this guy get by without some of this “This Oklahoma Team is run by Stoops” “Their coaching staff is run by Stoops”….on and on and on…Never has a better coach been saddled with a more horrific name. Stoop jokes aside…Oklahoma gets stuck with probably the only two games that will really be in question the next couple of weeks…and no matter what happens, Oklahoma wins because they will be dragging in bazillions of dollars worth of television revenue that they will, through the usual creative Oklahoma accounting methods, not have to share with any other teams in the Big 12 and will be able to shower on new recruits in the form of “jobs” and “tutors” and whatever else they call free cars and hookers. How do you think they keep getting all the 5-stars there? The beautiful Oklahoma scenery?

Oklahoma (10-2) over Oklahoma State (9-3)

Thus ends the 2008 B-12 regular season predictions. Thank you for your patronage and be sure to tune in for the College Football Bowl Prediction special later this year.

For Kansas, this year’s theme should be “Oh How The Meaty Has Fallen…A Tribute To Our Coach” Don’t worry though…there are more bowls out there than quality teams so you’ll still be going somewhere…Detroit…Cleveland…some place exotic like that.

:laughpound Wow this section had me laughing out loud!!

Thanks Cy,

In the past three seasons, Leach has beaten Stoops twice. By beating UT, it got Tech over the hump. Their swagger, confidence and execution is through the roof. Just ask OSU if they're for real.

I like Tech to go all the way and win the BCS title game.

Where was the game played of the 3 that TT lost? Where is the game going to be played this year?

Thanks Cy,

In the past three seasons, Leach has beaten Stoops twice. By beating UT, it got Tech over the hump. Their swagger, confidence and execution is through the roof. Just ask OSU if they're for real.

I like Tech to go all the way and win the BCS title game.

Where was the game played of the 3 that TT lost? Where is the game going to be played this year?

I see where you're getting at Junior. NORMAN - for both answers. But did you know Tech was up on OU 24-10 at one point late in the second qtr before losing 34-24 in '06? Harrell was just a sophomore. It was his first year as a starter. Tech was 8-5 that year.

This year it's at Norman. It'll be a great game. ABC thinks so too b/c it's an 8pm'er. It'll go back and forth. Not only is Tech's offense slightly better (it's the best offense in the game today), but Tech's defense is slightly better too. Plus see my previous post above about the "roof" thingy. :)

It's okay. Not many believers outside of Lubbock. Prolly wont be until they win the BCS game. Of course, I think they will. Even though they could possibly lose to OU or what not, I like going out on ledge and taking a jump. I think I'll land just fine. ;)