Next Season

Now all my dorky-ness is in full effect... <_<

I have a backfield for MU that has a pretty sweet ring to it. The QB and RB's last names add up to equal pain for all opponents.

QB- Anderson

RB - Silva

It took me a couple of games to notice. I got a kick out of that being a UFC fan and all.

*** CAUTION!! This next portion contains extreme dorky-ness ***

I even refer to a playset as the "spider formation" becuase my RB lines up in Shotgun just to the right of my QB and it reads his name.

OK enough of that. I will now return to my mom's basement and continue my D&D game....ER....I mean back to my wife for some hot lovin... <_<

:clap

Florida Atlantic - WIN

Arkansas State - WIN

at Vtech - LOSS

Louisiana Layette - WIN

at Missouri - WIN

Texas Tech - WIN

Iowa State -WIN

at Baylor - WIN

Oklahoma - LOSS

at Kansas - WIN

Kansas State -WIN

at Colorado - WIN

10-2(7-1).

Big 12 North champs

We will play a easy slate of games next year.

I think we will have a shot at tech but will be tough and a loss, all other non conference games should be easy wins.

Missouri wont be the same team and neither will Texas tech.

then Baylor and the rest of the north teams we can just set it on cruise control.... :koolaid2:

WOW, except for VT we some face some pretty pud nonconf. teams.

Well, it all depends on our QB and WRs. Ganz, Swift and Peterson are pretty much the difference makers on our O. We have talent at WR but I'm kinda worried there. Breaking in a new QB, whoever that might be, is never easy no matter how talented the guy may be. Our D should be significantly stronger next year. West is doing pretty good at cb and we'll have Blue back, who is a very good player. We mostly need to address the safety play.

I think your pics are pretty good, but MO and TT will be the pivotal games. I think we take out KU since I don't think Reesing gives them the edge that KU Fan claims. Plus Briscoe is the only other guy you have to worry about on that team and he's just not enough, IMO. Sharp is grossly overrated, we have at least 3 backs better than him: Helu, Castille, and Mendoza.

So what I'm saying is MO is our main competitor for the North. TOSS up! They will have Gabbert who I think is gonna be good, maybe like Colt McCoy good in his first yr as a starter. But I think Witt or Green or Lee or Spano could be equally as effective for us. So I dunno there, it's close.

TT will be a toss up too. They'll just reload at QB I presume and I doubt Crabtree goes pro next year.

Baylor is an issue as well, but we should win.

9-3 is my prediction, with us winning one or the other of the TT/MO games. OU loss, and VT is also a swing game that could put us at 10-2 with a victory. I like our chances against them. :restore

Have you actually been watching West play? He basically kept KU in the game cuz he couldn't cover anything.

Florida Atlantic - WIN

Arkansas State - WIN

at Vtech - LOSS

Louisiana Layette - WIN

at Missouri - WIN

Texas Tech - WIN

Iowa State -WIN

at Baylor - WIN

Oklahoma - LOSS

at Kansas - WIN

Kansas State -WIN

at Colorado - WIN

10-2(7-1).

Big 12 North champs

We will play a easy slate of games next year.

I think we will have a shot at tech but will be tough and a loss, all other non conference games should be easy wins.

Missouri wont be the same team and neither will Texas tech.

then Baylor and the rest of the north teams we can just set it on cruise control.... :koolaid2:

WOW, except for VT we some face some pretty pud nonconf. teams.

Well, it all depends on our QB and WRs. Ganz, Swift and Peterson are pretty much the difference makers on our O. We have talent at WR but I'm kinda worried there. Breaking in a new QB, whoever that might be, is never easy no matter how talented the guy may be. Our D should be significantly stronger next year. West is doing pretty good at cb and we'll have Blue back, who is a very good player. We mostly need to address the safety play.

I think your pics are pretty good, but MO and TT will be the pivotal games. I think we take out KU since I don't think Reesing gives them the edge that KU Fan claims. Plus Briscoe is the only other guy you have to worry about on that team and he's just not enough, IMO. Sharp is grossly overrated, we have at least 3 backs better than him: Helu, Castille, and Mendoza.

So what I'm saying is MO is our main competitor for the North. TOSS up! They will have Gabbert who I think is gonna be good, maybe like Colt McCoy good in his first yr as a starter. But I think Witt or Green or Lee or Spano could be equally as effective for us. So I dunno there, it's close.

TT will be a toss up too. They'll just reload at QB I presume and I doubt Crabtree goes pro next year.

Baylor is an issue as well, but we should win.

9-3 is my prediction, with us winning one or the other of the TT/MO games. OU loss, and VT is also a swing game that could put us at 10-2 with a victory. I like our chances against them. :restore

Have you actually been watching West play? He basically kept KU in the game cuz he couldn't cover anything.

Was he covering Briscoe? If so, that's not very easy.

I thought he looked good in the KSU game....

Was he covering Briscoe? No. He was TRYING to cover Briscoe and failing miserably. The only thing that saved him was the wind, pressure on Reesing, and his helmet when he knocked a pass down with the back of his head because he has no idea where the ball is.

As far as covering KSUcks receivers, I don't think that's a fair comparison. We were all over KSUcks QBs all day, so there wasn't much chance for throws to come his way. Not to mention that KSU's receivers don't strike fear in anyone since Jordy Nelson left.

I want West to get better and I think he will. He's just not close yet.

Was he covering Briscoe? No. He was TRYING to cover Briscoe and failing miserably. The only thing that saved him was the wind, pressure on Reesing, and his helmet when he knocked a pass down with the back of his head because he has no idea where the ball is.

As far as covering KSUcks receivers, I don't think that's a fair comparison. We were all over KSUcks QBs all day, so there wasn't much chance for throws to come his way. Not to mention that KSU's receivers don't strike fear in anyone since Jordy Nelson left.

I want West to get better and I think he will. He's just not close yet.

Well, what is he, a sophomore? He'll get better.

Briscoe had about 279 receiving yds against OU! So, who HAS covered him well this year?

West had at least two very nice breakups in the KSU game and maybe part of the reason we were able to get to Freeman all day was because the 2ndary play was good. KSU had the one long TD throw and I don't know who was on the coverage but I remember the pass was pretty close to being batted down. They had that one other pass down the sidelines for about 40 yds. Those two completions were about all the damage KSU did all day.

I dunno, I just got dvds of most the games this yr so I'll try and watch West's play more closely.

He looks better than Murillo and Assante as far as I can tell, but that's not saying much. I'm not saying he's great, but he looks like he has some potential.

I definitely agree. (although I think West was on the coverage for KSU's long throw) As soon as they all get that timing for when to look for the ball down, then the breakups and INTs will start flowing in. They stay with their coverages well and they are close for the tackle. It will definitely come to them. Hopefully sooner than later.

I know we still have 2 games left, but I'm really excited for next year.

I definitely agree. (although I think West was on the coverage for KSU's long throw) As soon as they all get that timing for when to look for the ball down, then the breakups and INTs will start flowing in. They stay with their coverages well and they are close for the tackle. It will definitely come to them. Hopefully sooner than later.

I know we still have 2 games left, but I'm really excited for next year.

Yeah, we have to beat CU or it will be rather anticlimatic. And hopefully the bowl too.

Next yr should be intersting, the D should be better.