Next Season

Good God people!! Didn't we just go over all of this last week? You can tell it is a bye week.

Lets finish this season off first. we haven't beat colorado yet, we still might not make it to the Gator Bowl, and this season could end a lot worse than people are thinking. ONE WEEK AT A TIME. (can't get worse than ksu though in bringing back snyder)

2009-nu

Florida Atlantic - WIN cupcake

Arkansas State - WIN cupcake

at Vtech - LOSS

Louisiana Layette - WIN cupcake

at Missouri - LOSS- haven't even had a close game with them lately

Texas Tech - LOSS

Iowa State -WIN cupcake

at Baylor - WIN

Oklahoma - LOSS

at Kansas - LOSS

Kansas State -WIN cupcake

at Colorado - WIN

7-5

Mizzou wins the north. OU wins the south.

opinions vary

And son of a b!tch, why does everyone keep thinking we'll lose to Kansas? Everyone thought they'd beat us this year and it really wasn't that close - we should have won by 3-4 TDs. They were never that good - even last year (we were just that bad). And we should keep on improving into next year. I don't even think that one will be close...

You're as crazy as ZeBop. Fans like you two that drink WAY too much kool-aid are the reason Nebraska fans have a stereotype of being a delusional fanbase. Kansas did beat some good teams last year. Virginia Tech was ranked 3rd in the BCS before they lost to KU in the Orange Bowl. <_<

:point ...

A case of 2 overrated teams. Mangino did find ONE true admirer though...mangino.jpg

(6-6 bay-beh, 6-6). :rollin

2009-nu

at Vtech - LOSS

Texas Tech - LOSS

Iowa State -WIN cupcake

at Baylor - WIN

Oklahoma - LOSS

at Kansas - LOSS

at Colorado - WIN

7-5

opinions vary

And son of a b!tch, why does everyone keep thinking we'll lose to Kansas? Everyone thought they'd beat us this year and it really wasn't that close - we should have won by 3-4 TDs. They were never that good - even last year (we were just that bad). And we should keep on improving into next year. I don't even think that one will be close...

You're as crazy as ZeBop. Fans like you two that drink WAY too much kool-aid are the reason Nebraska fans have a stereotype of being a delusional fanbase. Kansas did beat some good teams last year. Virginia Tech was ranked 3rd in the BCS before they lost to KU in the Orange Bowl. <_<

:point ...

A case of 2 overrated teams.

6-6 bay-beh, 6-6. :rollin

Oh yeah, the thread is about NEXT season...

2009-nu

at Vtech - LOSS

Texas Tech - LOSS

Iowa State -WIN cupcake

at Baylor - WIN

Oklahoma - LOSS

at Kansas - LOSS

at Colorado - WIN

7-5

opinions vary

This looks much more realistic to me. I even think we will be a better team next year and could potentially have a worse record.

I do think that VaTech is similar to us in that how the young players develop will determine a lot. That game may be winnable.

MO and Tech will also be something to watch as they graduate some very key players. I wouldn't be surprised if we won these but reality says it will be tough.

Kansas returns a ton of people and have to be pissed at how this year has turned out. They will have something to prove.

Don't sleep on CU. They are a joke right now but if their O-line doesn't get hurt this year could've been different for them. And then again they could suck again- hard to tell.

Lots of close road games in that schedule. May be games we'd win at home.

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised to see Watson have an offense designed for his new QB and RB/ WR's earlier in the year. I also wouldn't be surprised if our D took a serious step forward so...maybe we kick a$$ next year.

Wow, I would hope that we start at 8-4 and move up from there. There is a lot of young talent sitting on the benches right now that will make an immediate impact next year.

It's all in fun folks.

It's waaaay too early even to predict (guess), but wasting our valuable time is what message boards are all about.

besides, I predicted 6-6 or 7-5 this season, and 8-4 or 9-4 is very likely! That's the kind of wrong I can handle!!

BEAT CU!!

It's all in fun folks.

It's waaaay too early even to predict (guess), but wasting our valuable time is what message boards are all about.

besides, I predicted 6-6 or 7-5 this season, and 8-4 or 9-4 is very likely! That's the kind of wrong I can handle!!

BEAT CU!!

Right. Its over half a year for players from all schools to go pro early, get injured, get arrested, get caught with 'roids, see greener pastures at other schools, etc, etc, etc.

There's so many bad opinions in this thread, I don't even know where to start!

All I will say is that VT should not have beat us this season, and we will be markedly better next season, soooooo mark down a W there!

It is incredibly sad to see the same doom and gloom predictions again. Ecspecialy since we haven't even finished THIS season yet! Do the wheels some how fall off during the off season or what? You don't think this D will be lightyears ahead of where we started this season? Or where we are now for that matter!

As for the worry that losing Ganz and Swift will just ruin this offense, lots of us thought the same after Taylor left, then again after Purify last season. Oh we of little faith!

This team has now found it's identity, and will only improve over the spring, and by this time next year many of you could be eating crow! AGAIN!!!

So to answer the question, YES, I think we have a really good shoot at the north next year. Upwards and onward boys!!!

How did we do the following year after Taylor left? Yeah, that's right we stayed home for the holidays. How did we do after Frazier and Berringer left? We laid an egg to Arizona State and then lost to Texas. While the 96's season record would be great today, it was a pretty big let down at the time. How did we do following Frost's last year? We lost 4 games. How did we do after losing Crouch? Yeah, that's right we lost 7 games. I don't care what anyone says, losing your starting QB and replacing them with someone who has little if any game experience will cost some wins. Even Frazier laid an egg against Iowa State his first year starting.

Most teams struggle when they lose their starting QB to a QB with little to no experience. OU had an un-OU like season following Bomar's dismissal. LSU this year hasn't faired well after dismissing their QB. Florida didn't waltz right in and win their 2nd NC even though Tebow did have quite a bit of experience in his first year starting. Replacing a WR or RB is much easier than replacing a QB because the QB touches the ball every single snap. Heck, replacing a WR or RB is most of the time easier than replacing a center. No matter who the QB is next year, we are going to experience some growing pains next year especially in the early games. This doesn't mean we don't win the North, but to think there won't be any drop off next year offensively is absurd. Even Ganz didn't start putting big numbers up this season until after the Mizzou game even though he had some starts under his belt last year.

There's so many bad opinions in this thread, I don't even know where to start!

All I will say is that VT should not have beat us this season, and we will be markedly better next season, soooooo mark down a W there!

It is incredibly sad to see the same doom and gloom predictions again. Ecspecialy since we haven't even finished THIS season yet! Do the wheels some how fall off during the off season or what? You don't think this D will be lightyears ahead of where we started this season? Or where we are now for that matter!

As for the worry that losing Ganz and Swift will just ruin this offense, lots of us thought the same after Taylor left, then again after Purify last season. Oh we of little faith!

This team has now found it's identity, and will only improve over the spring, and by this time next year many of you could be eating crow! AGAIN!!!

So to answer the question, YES, I think we have a really good shoot at the north next year. Upwards and onward boys!!!

How did we do the following year after Taylor left? Yeah, that's right we stayed home for the holidays. How did we do after Frazier and Berringer left? We laid an egg to Arizona State and then lost to Texas. While the 96's season record would be great today, it was a pretty big let down at the time. How did we do following Frost's last year? We lost 4 games. How did we do after losing Crouch? Yeah, that's right we lost 7 games. I don't care what anyone says, losing your starting QB and replacing them with someone who has little if any game experience will cost some wins. Even Frazier laid an egg against Iowa State his first year starting.

Most teams struggle when they lose their starting QB to a QB with little to no experience. OU had an un-OU like season following Bomar's dismissal. LSU this year hasn't faired well after dismissing their QB. Florida didn't waltz right in and win their 2nd NC even though Tebow did have quite a bit of experience in his first year starting. Replacing a WR or RB is much easier than replacing a QB because the QB touches the ball every single snap. Heck, replacing a WR or RB is most of the time easier than replacing a center. No matter who the QB is next year, we are going to experience some growing pains next year especially in the early games. This doesn't mean we don't win the North, but to think there won't be any drop off next year offensively is absurd. Even Ganz didn't start putting big numbers up this season until after the Mizzou game even though he had some starts under his belt last year.

I think Ganz was averaging nearly 400 yds passing/game in his 3.5 starts last year. Ok, well he had been in the system for a few years, but had very little game experience before he got thrown to the wolves.

Also, how about Terelle Pryor at OSU? Now, he has a very good team around him, espcially the D which is one of the best in the country. But Pryor is doing pretty darn good as a true freshman(?).

Yea, there will be a drop off at QB, but I think his supporting cast will be better and our D should be stronger and maybe a difference maker for us next year.

It appears like Witt will be the starter and he looks like a pretty heady QB that may do better than we expect.

If Green comes in and blows everybody away, all the better.

I see us @ 8 wins minimum and vying with Mizzou for the North title.