Looks like Gilmore is staying put

Dave Christensen, Mizzou's OC, is headed to Laramie according to reports.

http://www.laramieboomerang.com/articles/2...4c104488621.txt

that is 1) wyoming's loss and two-fold 2) nebraska's gain.

huskers keeps a skilled position coach while missouri looses their offensive coordinator. how much of a loss? who knows, but it takes away from the tiger's program to be sure.

Christensen was the brains behind that offense. He puts the plan together and makes the final play call from the booth. Could you blame the guy for bailing? Losing Booger, their best QB ever probably, Coffman who is just a freak of a TE, Maclain, speaking of freaks now definately goes pro, a lot of the line, three top WR's and your back up QB, would be reason enough to bail. The window for success has closed for the Zoo and the fallout is just beginning.

Gilmore is a good guy, and I am all for a staff to remain intact especially one that enjoys each others company.

Good keep for us. MAJOR loss for Missouri.

Christensen was the reason the Missouri offense was potent. Pinkel is a mediocre coach, Christensen is a great offensive mind.

I agree. Will the same thibg happen to Missouri now as what happened to Boise State when Hawkins left? Boise State is arguably better with their Asst that took over after Hawkins left then Colorado is with him now.

Sometimes the assistant is the "real" deal.

Christensen was the brains behind that offense. He puts the plan together and makes the final play call from the booth. Could you blame the guy for bailing? Losing Booger, their best QB ever probably, Coffman who is just a freak of a TE, Maclain, speaking of freaks now definately goes pro, a lot of the line, three top WR's and your back up QB, would be reason enough to bail. The window for success has closed for the Zoo and the fallout is just beginning.

Gilmore is a good guy, and I am all for a staff to remain intact especially one that enjoys each others company.

As I said above it will be interesting to see if Missouri does infact feel the pain. Pinkel, IMO, is not the real deal with the Missouri program. His coaching hasn't ever been that impressive. We'll have to wait and see if it was infact the OC or not.

Also makes me wonder what Gabbert is thinking right now. Didn't he go there after all for the most part because of their OC? (Maybe I am wrong about that)