Cotton, Fing A cotton

Vuren

NMSU is supposedly talking to barney about it's vacancy.

new mexico state?

sorry, i don't see barney leaving. not after finally getting back to his alma mater, working with a staff that he clearly likes and having his son on the team.

i just don't see that happening.

NMSU is supposedly talking to barney about it's vacancy.

new mexico state?

sorry, i don't see barney leaving. not after finally getting back to his alma mater, working with a staff that he clearly likes and having his son on the team.

i just don't see that happening.

while neither do i, that IS where he was coaching before he came to NU in 03....

I didn't realize Mumme got fired. He deserved it though, they went backwards this year with his most experienced team(sounds familiar). I wouldn't be surprised if ole Barney decided to go back to New Mexico if they wanted him for the head job. As much heat as Barney got early in the year, he should get some credit for turning around the line. They got better and better even as they got thinner and thinner. I wouldn't be devastated if he left, but I think he has done an pretty decent job in the second half.

Here is what I think when it comes to our team and the O-line, or any facet of the team for that matter. I think we can all, for the most part, agree that Callahan and Co. did little to develop the talent of our players and coached them very poorly. The players had quite a bit of "experience" coming into the season, but their knowledge of the game and their technique made them almost as good as Freshman and Sophomores. I've seen the o-line play better as a team this year (especially the last few games) than I have seen in the past 4 years. I think Cotton has done a great job working with these kids.

Those of you who downplay their improvement this year, what did you expect? We play in the gauntlet that is the Big 12, they had terrible coaching last year, and there isn't a single person/group of guys out there that could coach this team to greatness in one season. This coaching staff is extremely young, and I think they have done great given that.