Bo Pelini to...

Reebsker

That would be like Stoops going to Iowa because he played ball there. I don't see it happening. Here's my assumption: if Bo builds Nebraska back to where it once was, I don't think he leaves anytime soon. Just like Stoops is godlike in Oklahoma, Bo would be godlike here. Coaches just don't walk away from that unless they have NFL asperations.

The difference is that Iowa is garbage. Stoops would go from a title contender to trying to build another program back up.

If Pelini bolted, he would know what he is getting at Ohio State.

But we are a long way from even having to worry about that anyways.

while ohio st would be a huge step up, I seriously doubt OSU would be interested. :dumdum

they would want the saban/urban meyer/paul johnson level coach.

Besides- Tressel isn't leaving.

dedhoarse

Since when is Paul Johnson on the same level as Urban Meyer, or Nick Saban?

while ohio st would be a huge step up, I seriously doubt OSU would be interested. :dumdum

dedhoarse

Jim Tressel was the coach at Youngstown State before getting his job at tOSU. He was a legendary coach in his time at the 1AA level, but had never been 'the man' for a game at the D1A level.

That would be like Stoops going to Iowa because he played ball there. I don't see it happening. Here's my assumption: if Bo builds Nebraska back to where it once was, I don't think he leaves anytime soon. Just like Stoops is godlike in Oklahoma, Bo would be godlike here. Coaches just don't walk away from that unless they have NFL asperations.

The difference is that Iowa is garbage. Stoops would go from a title contender to trying to build another program back up.

dedhoarse

lateral move as far as coaching

With the rise in popularity of Turner Gill, I've run across more than a few threads on this board that speculate if the Ohio State position opened up Bo Pelini would jump at the chance of getting hired on as head coach. When he has great success at NU, why do some assume that this would be the natural progression for his career. Granted, he played ball there...but is there something said or implied that I've missed or is it all just speculation?

Don't forget Bo left a National Championship team at LSU to come coach for Nebraska. I see him here for a long time to come.

Bo specifically said coming back to Nebraska as a head coach was his "dream job". He's not going anywhere.

:yeah

:yeah Besides, Husker fans and Bo are about the same when it comes to emotions when winning or losing. It's a perfect fit! I mean think about it, when NU has a big play that is good, we all jump up and down and act like Bobby in "Water Boy" SLAP HAND! SLAP HAND! But when we are playing like crap or give up a big play, we get real mad and spit when we say the words our mommas slap us for. Like I said, it's a perfect fit!

dedhoarse

HUGE STEP UP? uh, your a Husker fan.....right??

I am a realist.

going from unranked nu to osu is a step up. the nineties are over.

until nu gets its shiite together, the osu job will be an upgrade. pure fact.

especially for an ex-buckeye like Bo.

Ugh...the Big 10 annoys me. I don't know why anyone would want to go and coach in that "superior" conference. Let's see if any Big 10 teams can actually win a bowl game this year.

Penn State vs. USC

Ohio State vs. Texas

Michigan State vs. Georgia

Iowa and vs. Carolina

Northwestern vs. Missouri

Wisconsin vs. Florida State

Minnesota vs. Kansas

I say the Big 10 goes 2-5 in bowl games, with two of those losses possibly being HUGE blowouts.

dedhoarse

lateral move as far as coaching

I don't think so--

Jim Tressel’s six years of coaching Ohio State football have presented a jarring ... despite his yearly salary of $2.4 million

that kind of "lateral" move I could handle. Only the hc title is the same. when you give it context, hc at isu and hc at USC isn't a lateral.

like it or not, a HC job at OSU is a considerable step up from the NU job.

at least for now.

Ugh...the Big 10 annoys me. I don't know why anyone would want to go and coach in that "superior" conference. Let's see if any Big 10 teams can actually win a bowl game this year.

Penn State vs. USC

Ohio State vs. Texas

Michigan State vs. Georgia

Iowa and vs. Carolina

Northwestern vs. Missouri

Wisconsin vs. Florida State

Minnesota vs. Kansas

I say the Big 10 goes 2-5 in bowl games, with two of those losses possibly being HUGE blowouts.

I don't know why anyone would want to go and coach in that "superior" conference.
superior? :rollin

Are you serious??

To answer that, they take the jobs for the same reason TG took a job at "superior" buffalo or Frank took a job at "superior" ohio or Chisek took a job at "superior" ISU.. For the shot at being a head coach. :LOLtartar

As far as the B10 bowl schedule-- who is favored in each of those games? The favorite oftens wins. Surprise!!

no risk no gain.

BEAT CLEMSON!!

This is all so stupid.

Ohio State is no step up from Nebraska. So they won a couple more games than NU did this year. If NU had been in the Little 10, they would have done just as well. Gimmee a break already.

Ohio is smack in the rust belt. No one is going to bolt from Nebraska to Ohio State and consider it any sort of promotion.

Pelini's here to stay, barring something bizarre. Bizarre is the most likely culprit of him leaving before he retires.