Rival's Final Rankings... 1-120

Nebraska is at 27, probably where most expected them to be in the actual polls...

but this is their FINAL poll.. so their comments about NU kinda confuses me...

27. NEBRASKA (9-4)

The buzz: Nine wins is probably more than Bo Pelini expected in his first season as coach. But the Huskers need a new quarterback and have to find more toughness on defense.

New QB? Didn't know that mattered this year... more mental toughness on D???? Are you effing kidding me? :wtf how about mention that defense is the reason we were in the gator bowl? jesus.... pay attention!!

this one makes more sense

16. MISSOURI (10-4)

The buzz: The Tigers won their second consecutive Big 12 North title, but this season still was a disappointment. Quarterback Chase Daniel struggled at times, and the defense frequently was shredded.

I mean, at least it tells it like it is.. from reading through most of em it seems pretty half n half.. i mean, they have a whole nother page for preseason rankings for next year, so what was the point of this? Just lack of paying attention to NU's defense or grouping it into the big 12 defense category? I mean, i know they didn't play great all year, but they got MUCH better than they were at the beginning of the year.. if they weren't tough no way in hell they hold Clemson to 4 yds rushing....

Rivals Final 120

You know what's funny? The 2007 Nebraska defense was either the worst or second to worst defense in the B12 last year. Now, they ended up ranking higher in total defense than HALF of the B12, and that was in one year with a bunch of back up linebackers and a secondary that was pretty much undeveloped. He wants toughness? What more can you ask for in one year? Just wait a year or two, and that writer will be rather surprised.

bahh...It just sounds to me like the writer needed to say something so he just picked up on the fact we got blown out a couple of times. you can't acurately capsulize this team's season, or any team's for that matter, in one sentence.

D@mn, Clemson @ 46.

:lol: Then again, maybe you can!..................I kid, I kid.......

Nebraska is at 27, probably where most expected them to be in the actual polls...

but this is their FINAL poll.. so their comments about NU kinda confuses me...

27. NEBRASKA (9-4)

The buzz: Nine wins is probably more than Bo Pelini expected in his first season as coach. But the Huskers need a new quarterback and have to find more toughness on defense.

more mental toughness on D????

Where does he mention "mental toughness"

I guess I missed that.

Since it's a national poll, he could be looking at national defensive rankings where NU's offense rankings are good, but defense is not.

BTW- it's one guy's opinion and opinions vary.

I do think our defense needs to get significantly better. We're allot better than we were, but there is till allot of room for improvement if we want to start winning the b12.

As for the comment on the new QB, its true...we need a new QB now and our team will be only as good as our new QB. Personally I don't think witt is up to the challenge. I havn't been impressed by anything he has done (except that 1 touchdown run, but it was trash-points at the end of the game), he seems to fumble allot and not have the mind to get out of trouble yet. I dono, we'll see. My vote is for 4 years of cody green.

We had an improved Defense, but it was not stellar, If we want to win the Big12 we need to step it up big time. How myopic are some of you :bang Oklahoma / Mizzou? Anyone remember these games. You can't get blown out and expect a reasonable ranking, blow outs linger longer than a week in voters minds.

Utah is still 5. What do they have to do? They beat your 6 (Alabama) 14 (Oregon State) from major conferences, were willing to go into the Big House (Michigan), and beat numero 8 (TCU) and 26 (BYU) .

I know its not Georgia's schedule, but it ain't right. Not much more that they can do.

LSU at 30. Sorry, they had a down year, but there were not 29 better teams.

Oh, and Clemson got jobbed too.

Hey Cy, how is it feeling back at 109?

Okie State Beat Mizzou, at Mizzou. Otherwise they had pretty similar years. Not sure how Mizzou ended higher.

We had an improved Defense, but it was not stellar, If we want to win the Big12 we need to step it up big time. How myopic are some of you :bang Oklahoma / Mizzou? Anyone remember these games. You can't get blown out and expect a reasonable ranking, blow outs linger longer than a week in voters minds.

saying that a defense needs more toughness and saying they need to develop are two totally different things.. the fact that that team bounced back the next week both times pretty well would show that they are pretty damn tough. so in that aspect, your reasonings just played right into how the statement is wrong.