Rivals #1 recruit Bryce Brown

The Bryce Brown saga has just gotten a bit stranger.

For one, Brown's confidante - Brian Butler - says "there is a very low chance" that the five-star tailback signs anywhere on Signing Day.

"That's because of the time it will take to evaluate," Butler said. "Miami doesn't have an offensive coordinator right now.

"Everything in the schedule (to sign) is built around when they hire an offensive coordinator. Things will be built around that."

And Butler also say Brown is waiting to see where certain offensive linemen sign before making a decision.

"Offensive line recruiting is very important to Bryce," Butler said. "He's mentioned Marcus Hall, Morgan Moses as well as Bobby Massie. He's really paying attention to those three as well as a couple of more Miami is recruiting. That along with the offensive coordinator are the two things he's really looking at."

Butler says, assuming Miami's new coordinator hits it off with Brown, that he will remain with Miami. Butler says Brown still considers himself a UM commitment.

"If they hire a top-notch offensive coordinator that really fits in with Bryce (he'll be at Miami)," Butler said.

Something else Butler and Brown have decided upon - because Butler says they have been inundated with phone calls from media outlets, Brown is setting up his own website.

A link to Brown's page will be posted on Butler's home page - www.potentialplayers.com - by the end of the day on Thursday.

"Bryce is going to start updating on the website," Butler said. "He'll give schools he's considering and give everyone a weekly update on visits and all the little things.

"We want to make it as efficient as possible so we don't have to take 50 phone calls. So now everyone can get all the information they need and want. Bryce is going to personally update it on a weekly basis at the least. He doesn't have school anymore so he can update it and people can hear it straight from him."

For now Brown is scheduled to visit Miami Jan. 23.

"That might change," Brown said. "The 30th was mentioned or the first or second week of February was mentioned (depending on when a coordinator is in place)."

Brown has one other visit remaining, and Butler said he is choosing between visiting Tennessee, Auburn, Nebraska and USC.

^ are you kidding me? The school he committed to doesn't have an OC currently, can ya blame him for being uncertain? He's said he regards himself as a Hurricane commit and if he gets along well with the new guys that come in, he will sign with Miami. In the meantime he will consider other schools and take more visits in case he doesn't feel comfortable there with their new coaches. And he's setting up a website so he can get away from all the media phone calls.

How is that asking for attention? It'd be really sweet to be able to get this guy in for a visit, although I'd be blown away if he chose Nebraska over those other schools on that list.

^ are you kidding me? The school he committed to doesn't have an OC currently, can ya blame him for being uncertain? He's said he regards himself as a Hurricane commit and if he gets along well with the new guys that come in, he will sign with Miami. In the meantime he will consider other schools and take more visits in case he doesn't feel comfortable there with their new coaches. And he's setting up a website so he can get away from all the media phone calls.

How is that asking for attention? It'd be really sweet to be able to get this guy in for a visit, although I'd be blown away if he chose Nebraska over those other schools on that list.

Nicely put

A few familiar names on their list:

http://www.potentialplayers.com/players.aspx

His youtube video (B.B.) on that site is pretty awesome. Someone will end up with a very good back.

Not that I'm in the know but I would put our chances at next to nothing. For him to commit to Miami early and not even have a mention of NU until this late in the game makes it almost impossible for us to get him here. I remember when Tommie committed here it was at least down to ND, Clemson and us and THAT was a huge shocker that he chose us. We aren't even close to THAT point. That being said, if our staff can somehow pull off getting him here for a visit it at least gives us a chance. At this stage I'd be excited to even get him here. It at least opens the door.

That being said, if our staff can somehow pull off getting him here for a visit it at least gives us a chance. At this stage I'd be excited to even get him here. It at least opens the door.

:yeah

And even if you don't get this guy, it gets Nebraska in the conversation with #1 recruit. This could open doors in future years with other kids that follow recruiting and also with http://www.potentialplayers.com/players.aspx

That being said, if our staff can somehow pull off getting him here for a visit it at least gives us a chance. At this stage I'd be excited to even get him here. It at least opens the door.

:yeah

And even if you don't get this guy, it gets Nebraska in the conversation with #1 recruit. This could open doors in future years with other kids that follow recruiting and also with http://www.potentialplayers.com/players.aspx

He says his leader is Oregon...even over Miami.