Ganz v. Keller

glm09

Keller i can live with, at the time it was a high profile (and that was about it) move for both Callahan and Keller, plus Keller had the experience, you kind of knew the job was his when he came here, I don't remember anyone shouting in protest that Ganz should have started at the beginning of last year. I am still glad Freeman decided to go the KSUX, or we would never know who Joe Ganz is. And that is sad <_<

I think Ganz succeeded this year and the end of last year, because he had the respect of the players on the team and Keller did not. That to me was evident when Ganz came in after Keller was hurt. IMO. BC just wanted to have his star shine and it back fired on him. I wish I could find the article that I read with Ganz stating that he had to basically step aside and keep his mouth shut. I believe it was his home town paper or something.

If you think Ganz had the respect of the players on the team this year, you are crazy. I personally know players who have told me Ganz is full of himself and extremely cocky. He thinks he is good and a lot of players really disliked the guy.

On the other hand, Keller is 50X more athletic than Ganz will ever be. I feel that Keller would have done just as well if not better this year than Ganz.

Swift and Pederson made Ganz LOOK really good. Hence why he will never see the light of day on Sundays.

Sorry if this makes some people upset but I really feel it is the truth. I am glad Ganz is gone. (he was a tough mother though)

I registered on this board just to reply to this post. I'm happy that you personally know players that know Ganz, but I know Sam personally. If you think that Ganz is full of himself and cocky (which he probably is to some extent, and cockiness/confidence is probably a positive for a college qb) then you obviously know very little of Sam.

Also...Keller 50x more athletic than Ganz?! Based on what exactly?!

Ganz completion percentage: 68%

Keller completion percentage: 63%

Ganz rushing touchdowns 2008: 92 rushes for 258yds and 5 touchdowns

Keller rushing touchdowns 2007: 25 rushes for -78yds and 0 touchdowns

Perhaps you meant to say that Keller looks more athletic than Ganz. I'd give you that I suppose.

Anyways, I'm shocked that anyone would disparage Ganz in any way. He seemed to be the heart of the team this year and the 2009 Huskers are significantly worse without his presence. :boxosoap

I think Ganz succeeded this year and the end of last year, because he had the respect of the players on the team and Keller did not. That to me was evident when Ganz came in after Keller was hurt. IMO. BC just wanted to have his star shine and it back fired on him. I wish I could find the article that I read with Ganz stating that he had to basically step aside and keep his mouth shut. I believe it was his home town paper or something.

If you think Ganz had the respect of the players on the team this year, you are crazy. I personally know players who have told me Ganz is full of himself and extremely cocky. He thinks he is good and a lot of players really disliked the guy.

On the other hand, Keller is 50X more athletic than Ganz will ever be. I feel that Keller would have done just as well if not better this year than Ganz.

Swift and Pederson made Ganz LOOK really good. Hence why he will never see the light of day on Sundays.

Sorry if this makes some people upset but I really feel it is the truth. I am glad Ganz is gone. (he was a tough mother though)

It's funny, I remember hearing THE EXACT same thing about Tommie Frazier.

WE've had a couple of kids that really played their hearts out in Ganz and Taylor. Both of these guys rallied their teams and made the best out of what they had when they had to.

These two guys are as important as any past Huskers in keeping the tradition alive.

I just feel so sorry for all the kids who played their hearts out for the Callihan regime when the coaching staff wasn't giving it their all.

I don't think anyone will ever say Bo and Company did not give the team their all. I'm a Bo Fan.

Go Big Red

RiverRunner

Does your brain know what your hands just typed?

Sam is that you??

I have no problem with Keller getting the nod last year. What I have a problem with is that once it was obvious that Keller was not going to be a positive difference maker the coaching staff did not give Ganz a shot. Additionally - last year's failure was not a result Keller - it was a result of poor defense. Blame Coz. Blame anyone and everyone related to the defensive effort.

It's funny, I remember hearing THE EXACT same thing about Tommie Frazier.

Funny,I was just thinking the same thing. Frazier vs Berringer.

All I can say is I sat in the stands at the spring game two years ago and watched Ganz and Keller both. It was blatently obvious that Ganz was the better athlete as far as I'm concerned, but was struck me was the way he gave up the body to make a play. Never saw that out of Keller like I did from Ganz. I even said so at the time. Not only was Joe the better athlete.. he was the better QB *AND* the better overall player. The kid's a baller for sure.

I have a hunch he's going to have a great pro career in Canada.

What is a quarterback without great receivers? Every team needs their play making receivers despite good the quarterback is.

Better quarterback than Ganz? Maybe. More athletic? You've been drinking too much koolaid. Ganz ran a faster 40 yard he was much more mobile than Keller.