Nebraska vs. KU 2009

jayhawk

Who will win and under what circumstances  

124 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

About the recruiting classes I guess I missed the NOW part....but what two more four stars are you guys going to get? I would be very impressed if that happened. Either way if we get my wish list (Martin, the DT from Cali cant spell his name, and esqua or JPP) we have a very very talented class. This comes down to one single fact and the sooner KU fans realize this the sooner we can move on....the game is won and lost up front. In that area KU is nowhere near as good as NU on either side. KU will simply not have an answer for Suh, you didnt last year and you wont next year. Add in with him Allen and Turner and a more athletic steinkhuler and we may have close to ten sacks. You mentioned the last two times we went to Lawrence but it wasnt a big accomplishment to beat a callahan team when NU was on the road bc we simply had no mental toughness. As mentioned before this is a new staff with a different attitude and its starting to rub off on the entire team.

Reesing is NOT good enough to carry their football team. I don't care who our QB is, we win by at least 2 TD's. The Blackshirts will carry the day.

:yeah yup.

Plus, our QB play should be in pretty good shape by the time we play KU, but I suspect we will have a stout running game next year and rely on that more.

THis is an important point. If you opened Big 12 play with us, i would like our chances even better.

I'll put this thread to rest with this: Husker Nation is not grasping how difficult the loss of their skill players on offense will be. Period. When you finally grasp it, you'll be 6 games deep into the schedule.

LOL. You won't be able to run if you can't throw buddy! And as of right now, you really don't know. We'll just stack the box on you all day until you prove otherwise. You won't have the personel with the losses you sustained at receiver my friend. Our running attack will be even better! Are you kiddin me? Jake Sharp is the best running back in the Big 12 North! You're crazy dude. Just check his stats pal! :)

Hmm.... this seems vaguely familiar.....

|

|

|

|

V

I'll put this thread to rest with this: Husker Nation is not grasping how difficult the loss of their skill players on offense will be. Period. When you finally grasp it, you'll be 6 games deep into the schedule.

LOL. You won't be able to run if you can't throw buddy! And as of right now, you really don't know. We'll just stack the box on you all day until you prove otherwise. You won't have the personel with the losses you sustained at receiver my friend. Our running attack will be even better! Are you kiddin me? Jake Sharp is the best running back in the Big 12 North! You're crazy dude. Just check his stats pal! :)

|

|

|

|

V

:rollin:rollin:rollin

Nebraska fans will be disappointed in the MAJOR decline of offensive production next year. However, their defense will improve in my opinion.

I see this game as being close, with KU forcing Nebraska to turn the ball over. Being in Lawrence will be too much to overcome for the Blackshirts. Reesing and the KU offense are just too much at home.

I don't think Nebraska fans are grasping how bad the loss of Ganz will affect them. Having a proven starter is HUGE. Just ask KU. It took Mangino IONS to finally get Reesing. Now that we have that stability, success has followed. It will be a learning year for the NU QB, especially the fact that he'll be surrounded my other YOUNG skilled players. It will be a long season for the Nebraska offense. They'll have to rely on the defense to win most games. But it won't be enough against KU in Lawrence.

KU 31 NU 17

We are grasping the loss of Ganz just fine. You don't seem to be.

Zac Taylor came into this offense with one spring and did pretty well. Joe Ganz sat for for years and was pretty much great the moment he stepped on the field. Whoever gets the job will have at least one year and likely more in the system (even if we go with the freshman phenom he's already on campus and will be ahead of where Taylor was going into his first game)

Most expect either Zac Lee or Patrick Witt to take the starting job, Both have at least two full years in the system and have worked with their top receiving targets for quite some time.

For example, Zac Lee is a Junior, he has been in the system for three years, he came in to the system and Melenik Holt was already here and Mike McNeill and Niles Paul arrived with him. They aren't exactly strangers to one another and have had plenty of time to get acclimated. The reason Ganz did so well out of the gate is because he worked with his top wide receivers for several years before getting into a game and they were already a well oiled unit... I don't really see this next group being a whole lot different.

Our QB play isn't expected to be at Ganz's level of play but if it's 2005 Taylor or better we win the North and that isn't exactly impossible, let alone improbable. In fact I think we can definitely expect our QB play to be somewhere between 2005 Zac Taylor Production and 2008 Joe Ganz Production. Expecially considering that McNeill is a great saftey valve. And considering that this next QB will have a FAR better situation to come into than our previous two QB's, exceeding what even Ganz did isn't completely out of the question either.

Our line is great, our running game is the best in the division, and our defense is stout. All those tools make it MUCH easier for a QB to get used to game speed without having to carry the team and they won't be expected to be the guy to rebuild a program. - all things Joe Ganz didn't have the luxury of.

Besides, it's not like this game is the first game of the season, it's the 10th game. By this game our QB will have gone to Blacksburg, Gone to Columbia and played Oklahoma at home.. he'll already be a seasoned vet by the time we go to Lawrence. And the Jayhawk defense isn't exactly intimidating - nor is the environment.

Also to the guy who said KU has the best facilities outside of Texas... you were joking right? I've seen your facilities. They are far better than MU, BU, TT, KSU and ISU and slightly better than Colorado's. They are about right on par with Texas A$M in the conference. But they are FAR below Nebraska, Texas, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State.

Reesing is NOT good enough to carry their football team. I don't care who our QB is, we win by at least 2 TD's. The Blackshirts will carry the day.

:yeah yup.

Plus, our QB play should be in pretty good shape by the time we play KU, but I suspect we will have a stout running game next year and rely on that more.

THis is an important point. If you opened Big 12 play with us, i would like our chances even better.

Yea, perhaps, sorta like us playing Mizzou early in '08--we may have had a better shot at year's end.

I'm really liking the thought of what our D is going to be right outta the gate though.

Jake Sharp is the best running back in the Big 12 North! You're crazy dude. Just check his stats pal! :)

I did. He has 57 more yards than our backup, who only started one game. Oh, and our backup averaged 6.4 ypc vs Sharp's 4.6. IIRC, you lose both guards and you center from your line too...

That said, this guy has a bone to pick with you...

340x.jpg

|

|

|

|

V

TOUCHE'!

That is just too funny! :rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

Nebraska fans will be disappointed in the MAJOR decline of offensive production next year. However, their defense will improve in my opinion.

I see this game as being close, with KU forcing Nebraska to turn the ball over. Being in Lawrence will be too much to overcome for the Blackshirts. Reesing and the KU offense are just too much at home.

I don't think Nebraska fans are grasping how bad the loss of Ganz will affect them. Having a proven starter is HUGE. Just ask KU. It took Mangino IONS to finally get Reesing. Now that we have that stability, success has followed. It will be a learning year for the NU QB, especially the fact that he'll be surrounded my other YOUNG skilled players. It will be a long season for the Nebraska offense. They'll have to rely on the defense to win most games. But it won't be enough against KU in Lawrence.

KU 31 NU 17

We are grasping the loss of Ganz just fine. You don't seem to be.

Zac Taylor came into this offense with one spring and did pretty well. Joe Ganz sat for for years and was pretty much great the moment he stepped on the field. Whoever gets the job will have at least one year and likely more in the system (even if we go with the freshman phenom he's already on campus and will be ahead of where Taylor was going into his first game)

Most expect either Zac Lee or Patrick Witt to take the starting job, Both have at least two full years in the system and have worked with their top receiving targets for quite some time.

For example, Zac Lee is a Junior, he has been in the system for three years, he came in to the system and Melenik Holt was already here and Mike McNeill and Niles Paul arrived with him. They aren't exactly strangers to one another and have had plenty of time to get acclimated. The reason Ganz did so well out of the gate is because he worked with his top wide receivers for several years before getting into a game and they were already a well oiled unit... I don't really see this next group being a whole lot different.

Our QB play isn't expected to be at Ganz's level of play but if it's 2005 Taylor or better we win the North and that isn't exactly impossible, let alone improbable. In fact I think we can definitely expect our QB play to be somewhere between 2005 Zac Taylor Production and 2008 Joe Ganz Production. Expecially considering that McNeill is a great saftey valve. And considering that this next QB will have a FAR better situation to come into than our previous two QB's, exceeding what even Ganz did isn't completely out of the question either.

Our line is great, our running game is the best in the division, and our defense is stout. All those tools make it MUCH easier for a QB to get used to game speed without having to carry the team and they won't be expected to be the guy to rebuild a program. - all things Joe Ganz didn't have the luxury of.

Besides, it's not like this game is the first game of the season, it's the 10th game. By this game our QB will have gone to Blacksburg, Gone to Columbia and played Oklahoma at home.. he'll already be a seasoned vet by the time we go to Lawrence. And the Jayhawk defense isn't exactly intimidating - nor is the environment.

Also to the guy who said KU has the best facilities outside of Texas... you were joking right? I've seen your facilities. They are far better than MU, BU, TT, KSU and ISU and slightly better than Colorado's. They are about right on par with Texas A$M in the conference. But they are FAR below Nebraska, Texas, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State.

A+ :star:star:star:star:star post! :thumbs

KU 31 NU 17

Dude. WTF strain of kind bud did you score on Mass Street this weekend? Are you kidding me?

Being in Lawrence actually equates to home field advantage? Honestly? I've been there. It's nice, for a high school facility. Nice track, BTW.

IONS? I guess I could see a lot of static discharge every time Mangino's thighs rub together when he's walking, but otherwise I'm not following you.

You remember what long seasons are like, right? I'm assuming you followed KU football before the stars aligned and the miracle '07 season unfolded, but just as a reminder, imagine this guy sitting on your head and farting:

Herbie_UofNebraska.jpg

KU couldn't beat NU by two touchdowns even if Jaleel White was the starting Husker QB.

Oh, and to the un=informed posters commenting about the turnover on KU's coaching staff. We lost Tovar (linebacker coach) and Joe Bob Clements to KSU (who sucked). We gained one of the best defensive coordinators in the country from Louisville to join our current d-coordinator Tim Bowen as Co-defensive coordinator. It was a HUGE hire!

Far from a giant over-haul of coaches. Besides, you guys are the last people I want to hear from speaking about coaching changes. You guys change coaches like my daughter goes through diapers!!!

2008 NU staff = 2009 NU staff

Rock Chalk, I bet KU wins in a close one. We really need to beat Tech, becasue I think we lose to OU at home and @ Texas. Ironically, we could win this game and have too many losses to take the North. I think we get it though, I think NU is good, not great next year.

SWimple one for me...the team with the better OL/DL will win this game.Its the same reason we beat KU this past year and imo its why we will beat them this year.The DL/OL stength can hide many deficiencies in offenses OR defenses UNTIL they get up to par elsewhere.Our DL hid our weaknesses at DB and LB for the most part UNTIL our guys "kinda" got better.I think this year our DL/LB/DBs will all be improved as will our OL thus giving our less experienced spots...WR and QB a chance to grow into their own.Our RB and TE will allow us time for our WRs and Bs to get better .Thus my opinion that we win because OL/DL.

3)Sharpe is your RB :laughpound c'mon, that's just not gonna work: TOO SMALL!

does the word Sproles mean anything to you, there have been countless guys who have been "too small" that have continued to play great even in the pros, I hate when people use size of an RB as a reason they are not good.

Anyways KU will be good, but NU will also be good. I dont think it will determine the North, it WILL be a great game, not a blowout from either side

Also you have to ask your self do you want NU to go to the big12 championship game and lose? I can see the positives and negatives for that, but I am hesitant in wanting to go and get killed by a south team (UT, OU, OSU)

KU 31 NU 17

Dude. WTF strain of kind bud did you score on Mass Street this weekend? Are you kidding me?

Being in Lawrence actually equates to home field advantage? Honestly? I've been there. It's nice, for a high school facility. Nice track, BTW.

IONS? I guess I could see a lot of static discharge every time Mangino's thighs rub together when he's walking, but otherwise I'm not following you.

You remember what long seasons are like, right? I'm assuming you followed KU football before the stars aligned and miracle '07 season unfolded, but just as a reminder, imagine this guy sitting on your head and farting:

Herbie_UofNebraska.jpg

KU couldn't beat NU by two touchdowns even if Jaleel White was the starting Husker QB.

Friggin' hilarious response! :rollin:thumbs

That KU guy says the darndest things.....

3)Sharpe is your RB :laughpound c'mon, that's just not gonna work: TOO SMALL!

does the word Sproles mean anything to you, there have been countless guys who have been "too small" that have continued to play great even in the pros, I hate when people use size of an RB as a reason they are not good.

Anyways KU will be good, but NU will also be good. I dont think it will determine the North, it WILL be a great game, not a blowout from either side

Also you have to ask your self do you want NU to go to the big12 championship game and lose? I can see the positives and negatives for that, but I am hesitant in wanting to go and get killed by a south team (UT, OU, OSU)

Well, it's not just that Sharp is too small, he's just not that good. He's no Sproles, different animal altogether. But even Sproles will never be an every down back in the League--because of his size.

And sure, I want us to get to the CCG game. It's a step in the right direction. We may lose, but I don't think we'll get blown out because of the strength of our D--and it's amazing that I can type that last part considering our D in '07.