Which Freshman has biggest impact next year, RFr included

Biggest Impact Freshman in '09  

91 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Compton sound like a stud, but you forgot about Kyler Reed and Sean Fisher. Those two should be included in this poll. Both are big time athletes. Burkhead and Green will more than likely RS.

I hope they both redshirt, unless Green blows all the coaches away with his ability. The last time we had a mobile quarterback like Green redshirt, it worked out pretty well for us (Crouch).

I voted for Khiry Cooper just because our recievers are kind of a question mark at the moment. I think this kid can come in next year and make a significant contribution if not start. Kinnie is also another one to watch at WR

Agree on Kinnie, I didn't include him because he is a juco...

There is obviously plenty of oppotunity at WR, let's hope 2 or 3 of them really step up.

I voted for Khiry Cooper just because our recievers are kind of a question mark at the moment. I think this kid can come in next year and make a significant contribution if not start. Kinnie is also another one to watch at WR

If Cooper was going to participate in spring ball I would be more likely to agree. However, he is going to be focusing on baseball and feels like he will play professional baseball someday, not football. I think he will still do some good things next year, but I don't expect him to make the impact were he a part of spring ball. Some of the guys on Defense will make a larger impact.

You all are crazy for not saying Whaley. He's the one player that all the coaches and players have said has just torn apart the offenses in practice.

He'll be starting linebacker next year, book it.

That was my vote, see above. I completely agree, I think he will wreak havoc off of the edge.

Okafor

No way he makes a big impact at running back next year with three solid RB's ahead of him. Plus, I have heard he has struggled during his RS year.

Position change?

I also like the athletic RB types who convert to an OLB or a safety. We could use both.

Of course, he might ultimately make a great RB. Who knows. But if he is buried at RB and we can use him elsewhere, well then, I hope he moves.

Okafor

No way he makes a big impact at running back next year with three solid RB's ahead of him. Plus, I have heard he has struggled during his RS year.

Position change?

I also like the athletic RB types who convert to an OLB or a safety. We could use both.

Of course, he might ultimately make a great RB. Who knows. But if he is buried at RB and we can use him elsewhere, well then, I hope he moves.

Yeah, the guy is like a miniature Castille. The dude's neck is as big as my entire thigh. If he converted to anything it would be OLB or something of the sorts, but I'm sure his heart is set on being in the offense and running the ball because that's just who he is. Some people do have him a little over hyped though. The guy has great speed but, at least in high school, he reminded me a lot of how Lucky ran while he was here. If he broke out he was gone but missing reads and getting tackled on the first hit was common.