WE NEED VOTES ON THIS POLL

Landlord

Bama is first, make sure to put them last when you vote. Other than those two I went with Big8 teams then big12, then the teams I like the most/hate the least

For the love of god, Do you have no respect, man?? You put Colorado before Alabama in a prestige poll just so Nebraksa can win?? Come on and have some dignity!

Just voted, we are in 2nd and like 26000 points below Alabama.

I go for any big 12 team over any non big 12 team. You get better by having a better conference

Even Colorado? You just knew that was coming - right?

Just voted and NU is #1 now in overall points and #1 votes, guess the online voting power of the Big Red Machine is coming through again. Wonder what Herbstreit would say about this?

What would he say about Nebraska fans gaming the system by obsessively and dishonestly voting?

Why yes, that will teach him to respect Nebraska.

Just voted and NU is #1 now in overall points and #1 votes, guess the online voting power of the Big Red Machine is coming through again. Wonder what Herbstreit would say about this?

What would he say about Nebraska fans gaming the system by obsessively and dishonestly voting?

Why yes, that will teach him to respect Nebraska.

There's nothing dishonest about it. No one is making up identities or email addresses to "fool" the voting software. If ESPN is going to allow people to vote more than once, it's going to happen.

Have you ever wondered which is the most prestigious and successful college football program of all-time? A few members of ESPN.com's research department asked themselves that very question and then went about answering it, using a numeric system that took into consideration a school's national title wins, Top 5 finishes, weeks at No. 1, Heisman winners...

They forgot another huge factor...fan support.

GBR

There's nothing dishonest about it. No one is making up identities or email addresses to "fool" the voting software. If ESPN is going to allow people to vote more than once, it's going to happen.

I'm talking about people voting for football programs they DON'T respect in the top 10, so as to deny the Huskers' legitimate contenders.

But yeah, it's fan voting. So if Nebraska loses to another program whose fans have figured out a faster way to refresh and revote online, we must bow to their clear superiority.

Seemed like a neat poll for people to vote for.

Kinda sad to see the way people voted here from Huskerboard ... you just gotta vote your conscience guys, you can't vote bad programs 2-5 and put the best programs 20-25.

Don't you end up winning a poll that YOU dramatically change the composition of. It's not really worth winning when you do that ... IMHO.

It kinda reminds me of black people voting for Obama because of the color of his skin, rather than for what he really believes in. Don't those kind of people end up violating the very heart of what Martin Luther King Jr. lived and died for ... that one would be judged by one's character, not the color of their skin. Skin is suppose to be irrelevant.

Back to football, I just don't get this. This board should encourage Husker fans to vote ... just like we encourage our Husker fans to cheer at the game ... but we don't promote bad sportsmanship ... right?

Maybe I'm too idealistic ... or maybe I just trying to live out what I say I believe even when filling out a simple pool.

My top 5 were ...

Huskers

Alabama

OU

Penn State

Florida State

Notre Dame and USC were just outside the top 5.

SheepdogMark

Seemed like a neat poll for people to vote for.

Kinda sad to see the way people voted here from Huskerboard ... you just gotta vote your conscience guys, you can't vote bad programs 2-5 and put the best programs 20-25.

Don't you end up winning a poll that YOU dramatically change the composition of. It's not really worth winning when you do that ... IMHO.

It kinda reminds me of black people voting for Obama because of the color of his skin, rather than for what he really believes in. Don't those kind of people end up violating the very heart of what Martin Luther King Jr. lived and died for ... that one would be judged by one's character, not the color of their skin. Skin is suppose to be irrelevant.

Back to football, I just don't get this. This board should encourage Husker fans to vote ... just like we encourage our Husker fans to cheer at the game ... but we don't promote bad sportsmanship ... right?

Maybe I'm too idealistic ... or maybe I just trying to live out what I say I believe even when filling out a simple pool.

My top 5 were ...

Huskers

Alabama

OU

Penn State

Florida State

Notre Dame and USC were just outside the top 5.

SheepdogMark

All fans from ALL schools vote the same way. If anyone cared, their would be an IP restrict like there is on well say Huskerboard.com. (Forewarning, this is noway intended to be a personal attack)To think that other fans from other schools aren't doing the same exact thing, and that well we have to be different because that's the "Nebraska Way" is too idealistic.

• 1 month later...