SIGNED ATH Bronson Marsh

I'd like not to think so either, but this is a pretty WTF in my books still.

We've seen Osborne do the same with Kreik, and we've seen that some staff choices were strong recommendations rather than Bo's own guys. Candidates who wanted to bring their own entire staff (Grobe), weren't looked at, if I recall. Couple that with TO's strong public endorsements of Marsh, and I wouldn't be totally surprised if there was a lot of recommendation in this instance.

Shrug. We'll see how this turns out. Regardless of who wanted it, Bo or TO or both, it's something that likely would not have been if Bronson weren't from Nebraska. Hence my pessimism, though maybe I'm letting it go a little far.

i'm not sure where you got that idea about limits being placed on coaching candidates. in fact, i don't think the full list of candidates was ever released.

the kreik thing was unusual, but during that transitional period, tom was acting as a coach and actively recruiting kids. since bo has taken the reins, TO has said repeatedly that he only offers advice when asked. i tend to believe TO when he speaks. :koolaid2:

Kreikemeier was offered the day Bo was hired, right before he was officially put in place.

You probably also need to ask some elders about how Frank Solich was hired if you want another good story.

zoogies hits on alot of points. And I agree with him in his post.

you agree with what? that TO forced bo to offer another in-state kid?

and please tell me what the "elders" have to say about the solich hire. i'm dying to hear the dirty secrets of the TC. :LOLtartar

Young, Souder and Levorson all were fantastic athletes who were absolute head cases. Souder in particular who was certifiable, literally.

Callahan was a tireless worker on the recruiting trail. If some of the absolutely lazy assistants we had hit the trail as hard as Cally and his boys did, we would be hauling in monster classes year after year.

i'm not convinced that any of those kids were "fantastic" athletes, though i didn't really have a problem with offering any of them. it's a shame though that for all of his tireless work on recruiting that cally apparently wasn't able to take the time to determine if kids were "head cases". perhaps there's more to recruiting than measurables and "looking" like a big 12 team.

also, i gotta say i'm a bit confused about why the recruiting effort of cally and co. is the gold standard, when they only brought in one "monster class", and even that class was only monstrous on paper.

• Fire 1

How Bill Callahan of you to ask that question!

That's actually a compliment when it comes to talent evaluation and recruiting. :)

So are you saying this kid and Evans are superior athletes over Corey Young, Souder and Levorson??? I'm not trying to get into anything, but Cally offered ships to all of these guys that lasted a year at NU, they ended up transferring to UNO or quit football.

I guess Bo was right, he said he'd get his QB and he got him.

Young, Souder and Levorson all were fantastic athletes who were absolute head cases. Souder in particular who was certifiable, literally.

Callahan was a tireless worker on the recruiting trail. If some of the absolutely lazy assistants we had hit the trail as hard as Cally and his boys did, we would be hauling in monster classes year after year.

And if you think Marsh even has a chance at QB, then I don't know what to tell you.

Marsh has about as much business with a Nebraska offer as I do.

That's laughable. Let's not go giving Callahan more credit than he deserves, everybody knows that John Blake was the difference maker when it came to recruiting.

I really hope that Marsh reads these posts. That way he'll come in all kinds of PO'd and have a chip on his shoulder. I love seeing these players play like they have something to prove. Like Dillard did this year. Make him earn that scholly. Everytime this guy spears a dude on the field i want to see him jump up and :bonez :bonez :bonez

To say that some of these kids haven't contributed isn't accurate. We don't see the impact that the scout team and lower level players have on the preparation for the starters. Had Tommie never been injured we wouldn't have known how good Brook was but he sure pushed him in practice to be even better week in and out...especially 95. So saying guys like okafor haven't really done much yet...

I still say you want to take a chance on a possible diamond in the rough...go for it. Especially when his dream is to play for your school. He will work hard and you can't ask for much more.

As far as locals go it's too early to judge Bo. Levorson was offered by BC and certainly could've played(were even seriously considering burning his shirt), his heart just wasn't in it. Kreik was playing solid ball, just turned-out that Eric Martin is a total beast. Pensick and Zimmerer shirted, making judgments about them would be unfair. Zimmerer should start eventually at FB. I do think Pensick should go to center, IMO he could be a starter there.

In terms of this class it looks rather sketchy. Rodriquez is a stud. Evans really impressed in camp, he's probably the best pure athlete in the state, figured an offer would be coming. Some considered him a local-boy stretch though. Marsh and Cotton have brought a ton of controversy. Only time will tell. Hope these guys are able to back-up the faith staff put in them.

I have zero doubt that Bo Pelini can turn this kid into AT LEAST a solid contributer at safety. He has taken nobodies that no other school wanted and made them stars. Safety is Bo Pelini's genius. If Bo wants this kid to play safety for him I completely trust that judgement.

In Bo I trust. (especially when it comes to evaluating safties and corners)

I have zero doubt that Bo Pelini can turn this kid into AT LEAST a solid contributer at safety. He has taken nobodies that no other school wanted and made them stars. Safety is Bo Pelini's genius. If Bo wants this kid to play safety for him I completely trust that judgement.

I can roll sh$t into a ball and make it shine, but I'd rather start w/ something a little more glossy. :)

I can roll sh$t into a ball and make it shine, but I'd rather start w/ something a little more glossy. :)

Understood.

But we are talking about Bo Pelini here!

Superman wears HIS pjs to bed.

He did the running of the bulls as well, except Bo walked.

:)

Understood.

haha, I know I know - Bo can make even Chuck Norris cry.

Understood.

They say Bo's tears can cure cancer as well. The only problem is that Bo has never cried.

Understood.

They say Bo's tears can cure cancer as well. The only problem is that Bo has never cried.

I thought only Tebow's tears could cure cancer, but I think that went out when he went to take a snap from under center.

I thought only Tebow's tears could cure cancerfrom under center.

If that were the case then health officials would have been all over his last game as a Gator and the SEC title game. He would have saved many lives those two saturdays. ;)