ESPN Top 25 2009

Well I just saw a revised 'way-too-early' top 25 for next year....we are number 19!

19. Nebraska Cornhuskers In his first season as Nebraska's coach, Bo Pelini went a long way toward restoring the pride in the Cornhuskers' defense. Nebraska will have to worry more about its offense going into the 2009 season after losing quarterback Joe Ganz, tailback Marlon Lucky and receivers Todd Peterson and Nate Swift. Patrick Witt and Zac Lee will battle to replace Ganz, and Roy Helu looked like Nebraska's best running back at times during the 2008 season. Seven starters should be back on defense, including Ndamukong Suh, who returned to school instead of entering the NFL draft. The Big 12 schedule might set up nicely for the Cornhuskers, who will play Texas Tech and Oklahoma at home and won't play Texas during the regular season.

I think this is a pretty good prediction, we could get into the Big XII title game being ranked 19, and maybe pull the upset. I hope next year is good and we have a good QB as well. Here is the link to the rest of the top 25:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/stor...&id=3893994

i thought anyone that put vatech in their top ten was an idiot? :dunno

VaTech = not top 5 worthy. As much respect as I have for them, they do not have the talent/have not proven they have the talent to be top 5. VaTech is easily somewhere between #10 and #15..but not #5. Putting them above USC is mind-boggling. USC has averaged one loss seasons the past half decade almost, and it just blows my mind to think that that statistic alone didn't put them in the number 5 spot.

Thanks for posting the bulk of the article in the post here at Huskerboard. I try not to ever hit that site. Can't support Espn. I have noticed more so then ever people are pimping their sites all over the college football message boards trying to squeeze every last nickle out of CFB throughout the off season.

I still remember Florida State beating VT's ass in the national championship game back in 2000. game wasn't even close

Haha. I don't think we are talking national championships in Blacksburg yet, and neither should the 2000 game have too much to do with the 2009 team... However, I think many of us in Blacksburg have been waiting for this season after a couple of seasons of rebuilding. We were extremely young this year with WRs with no college experience and fresh RB. Most of our D is intact so we are optimistic. For those of us who also follow the Big 12 we are excited to see NU's second season under Bo as last season looked very promising. Having you visit us in September makes it even more exciting. A top 5 ranking??? Well, its early so I would rather wait and see. VT-NU in Lane Stadium will be awesome whatever our rankings are. You have our respect so I do not think we will take light on this game.

I still remember Florida State beating VT's ass in the national championship game back in 2000. game wasn't even close

Actually the game was close late in the game. FSU did come roaring out of the gates in that game leading 28-14 at halftime, but Vick led them to a 29-28 lead late in the game before Peter Warrick took over the 4th quarter helping FSU to win 46-29. But it still pains me to this day that we fumbled so much against Texas, i think that '99 defense would have dominated Mr. Weinke and the Seminoles.