ISU fans do not like us....

i dont get the tailgating thing...ive experienced ames, and yeah, that huge parking lot is a decent party, but theres not much else. I'd rather take the walk with a drink in my hand through several large tailgate parties spread out with a walk down 'o' and over through haymarket then all the way up to the stadium any weekend. i sometimes look forward to all the stops im going to make and friends im going to catch up with more than the game itself. in fact, the first couple weeks of the year im lucky to make it inside the stadium. :)

It is funny that they mentioned one of our security guards. When I went to the ISU game this past season one of their guards told our group to come walk down the hill to him so he could kick our @ss. Then he spat towards us then clapped towards us with his bottom hand giving us the finger. This all happened because we were doing Nebraska cheers during the game...

Im a freshman at ISU, and I one of the biggest husker fans around and I wear my Husker gear around every Saturday unless they blow it .....Oklahoma.... but no one ever says anything to me actually people come up to me and ask me about Nebraska football. Plus there is a common passion for hating Kansas and Missouri at ISU so Nebraska is a common ally.

They hate us? Who knew?

I guess Cy tries to hate me. He is not good at it, though.

K-State fans get mad because we really hate Mizzou, and they are just rivals. But Iowa State, hmmm....

NDakotaS - W

Iowa - W

Kent State - W

Army - W

K State - W

Kansas - W Lose a lot of seniors

Baylor - W

Nebraska - ? We should be ahead of them in rebuilding

T A&M - ? Same thing

Ok State - ? Tough one

Colorado - ? Hawkins might have them in first place

Missouri - ? If we played them early, I would give us a win because they're bringing in a new QB.

:laughpound:rollin

Iowa? Right. After the season they had last year, no way ISU wins.

Kent State - Know nothing about them

Army - I think the option is too much for ISU.

K State - Has a better coach and better returning talent (even though it's not very much talent). I doubt ISU wins.

Kansas - They lose a lot of seniors wtf? The return Reesing, Briscoe, and Sharp, and return more talent than almost any other Big 12 North school. This is when I realized this guy knows nothing about football.

Baylor - More talent then ISU and a much better quarterback. I say Baylor wins it.

Nebraska - Ahead of us in the rebuilding process? I guess they forgot our coach is in his second year and had a better season than any of Chizik's..

A&m - might be a win

Ok State - ISU will get it's ass kicked.

Colorado - Will kick ISU's butt

Missouri - Will kick ISU's butt.

This guy has to be one of the most optimistic fans I have ever seen, but his football knowledge is borderline idiotic.

NDakotaS - W

Iowa - W

Kent State - W

Army - W

K State - W

Kansas - W Lose a lot of seniors

Baylor - W

Nebraska - ? We should be ahead of them in rebuilding

T A&M - ? Same thing

Ok State - ? Tough one

Colorado - ? Hawkins might have them in first place

Missouri - ? If we played them early, I would give us a win because they're bringing in a new QB.

:laughpound:rollin

Iowa? Right. After the season they had last year, no way ISU wins.

Kent State - Know nothing about them

Army - I think the option is too much for ISU.

K State - Has a better coach and better returning talent (even though it's not very much talent). I doubt ISU wins.

Kansas - They lose a lot of seniors wtf? The return Reesing, Briscoe, and Sharp, and return more talent than almost any other Big 12 North school. This is when I realized this guy knows nothing about football.

Baylor - More talent then ISU and a much better quarterback. I say Baylor wins it.

Nebraska - Ahead of us in the rebuilding process? I guess they forgot our coach is in his second year and had a better season than any of Chizik's..

A&m - might be a win

Ok State - ISU will get it's ass kicked.

Colorado - Will kick ISU's butt

Missouri - Will kick ISU's butt.

This guy has to be one of the most optimistic fans I have ever seen, but his football knowledge is borderline idiotic.

Remember this was posted LAST summer, and he was making predictions 2 years in advance. This threw me for awhile. Chickletts was to be in his 3rd year at ISU and Bo in second year, Baylor's QB hadn't hit campus yet, etc. Remember this when making predictions for 2010 and 2011 (which i have seen inside posts, but no one started a thread like this guy from ISU)

You have to hand it to them though, to lose that much and still have a die hard fan base!! My Hat is off!!!

Well thats because they only go to JTS to do the tailgate and get hammered...thats why I don't get too upset when they say Nebraska has bad fans that don't know how to tailgate. Its because we actually like to remember the game/enjoy real football.

Im a freshman at ISU, and I one of the biggest husker fans around and I wear my Husker gear around every Saturday unless they blow it .....Oklahoma.... but no one ever says anything to me actually people come up to me and ask me about Nebraska football. Plus there is a common passion for hating Kansas and Missouri at ISU so Nebraska is a common ally.

They hate us? Who knew?

I guess Cy tries to hate me. He is not good at it, though.

K-State fans get mad because we really hate Mizzou, and they are just rivals. But Iowa State, hmmm....

Well maybe not hate, but Missouri and Kansas are top of the totem pole for being disliked here of course Iowa is like the #1 enemy, ISU fans aren't the most hardcore fans I have ever met. I've grown up with a Husker driven dad so my passion outside of school, family and friends, is basically husker football. Very few ISU fans care about the other team we just hope we win..... well actually if ISU went 1-11 but beat Iowa it would be a winning season lol

And those on that board talking about our lack of tailgating...well at ISU you have to get completely hammered in order to go to the games...where here at Nebraska, we actually like to remember watching our team.

When I was in college my pledge class took our sneak trip to Ames and stayed the weekend at our chapter house there. Well, it was homecoming and we all went down to the tailgating before the game. Had a great time and was pretty much in awe of the amount of beer flowing in the parking lots with no attempt to cover it up. However, when the game started, there was a mass of people leaving the tailgating area and heading, no not towards the stadium, they all went HOME. Probably wanted to catch a real football game on tv.

This is how i feel about the Big 12 North.

Nebraska - has lost its way but thanks to a better coaching staff is finding the path back to greatness.

Missouri - has enjoy the last few season stomping over everyone in the rest of the division, well that time has come to end Tigers.

Colorado - also has enjoyed the lack luster of the NU program, but we proved this year that things have changed.

Iowa State - was in the same boat as us a year ago, but thankfully we jumped ship, hopefully they can find that path to being competitve.

Kansas - was out of the loop too, but they found themselves a Cindrella story a few seasons ago as the #1 team in NCAA and almost went to a NT game.

Kansas State - used to be good, they had a few upsets over the past couple of seasons by beating Texas, hopefully they can find the light switch.

I respect every fan-base with the exception of the Texas Longhorns, grrrr.

Oh come on...ISU fans don't hate Nebraska. ISU is more like that annoying little brother than kept believing "One day I'll be as big as you and then I'll kick your butt!" He didn't HATE you...he just wanted to measure up.

I had a little brother like that...half my size, hidden in the shadow of my greatness...played football, basketball and baseball on the same teams I did but rather than exhibiting vast athletic prowess on the field as his amazing brother did...he got to sit on the sidelines listening to people say "How come you're not good like Cy is...?" Then he would slink home where Mom and Dad would tell him "Don't worry...you still have some growing to do. One day you'll be as great as Cy is" (he didn't hear them laughing their asses off once he left the room). Well...every year he would get it in his head that he was getting bigger and stronger and that THIS would be the year he could get in Cy's face and kick his ass...and every year I would pound him into the floor in front of his goofy little friends (They were the ones that usually put him up to it so sometimes the little friends got pounded too...I was an equal opportunity punisher) so he could spend another year plotting and planning about how NEXT year was going to be the year he kicked my ass...

He's still plotting somewhere in Omaha but it still hasn't happened (even though he did stab me with a fork at the annual Thanksgiving dinner get together) The important thing is...he still BELIEVES it'll happen one day and, as long as that makes him happy, I'll let him enjoy his fantasy for 364 days of the year and then hand his butt to him on a plate on the 365th. He'll be happy...I'll be happy...and life as we know it will continue.