Reasons why Nebraska will never be back...

HSKRNOKC

Texas is by far the finest academic institution in the Big 12. I really don't think it's particularly close.

^Are you QUITE sure about your 'controversy'? Because I have heard quite different, from recently when I applied to schools, though I do not live in Texas. My understanding is: if you are in-state and in the top 10% of the class, you are guaranteed to get into UT. It's not like if you aren't, you are guaranteed to not get in. This is a big blessing for Texas students because they get it really easy in terms of admissions requirements to a great school, and it also hurts the school I think in that it makes its admissions statistics look less attractive, so to speak. If the students are more than adequate, then I am sure the admissions process will take care of that.

1 - whatever.

2 - Same as everyone else. And plenty of teams manage to get 9 wins a year and dominate the majority of their conference

3 - Just add Texas and forget the others. Not legit teams every year. Hell, NU has a winning record vs them since the conference started, and KU has 2 wins in the last 40 or something tries. How many big 12 champ games have KU and TT been to?

4 - same as everyone else.

5 - The only thing that matters to the recruit would be Lincoln, and maybe Omaha. And it has much more going for it than a great deal of other college towns.

6 - This one makes no sense at all. Maybe some kids will make a pick based on being close to home, but you can find just as many who would want a little distance from home. And for the most part any parents who want to get to games get there.

1. Steroid ban in the NCAA. Can't build dynasties now by having 70% of your players taking steroids anymore.

Considering I personally know someone who was juicing at a Division II school at the time who says both lines were, let's just say everyone was doing it and leave it at that.

Oh and if you don't think people still are....

1. Steroid ban in the NCAA. Can't build dynasties now by having 70% of your players taking steroids anymore.

Considering I personally know someone who was juicing at a Division II school at the time who says both lines were, let's just say everyone was doing it and leave it at that.

Oh and if you don't think people still are....

I refuse to believe that Nebraska juiced hardcore, because there is no way that would have been kept quiet. Every single team that has had a juicer has been found out at one point or another, or they eventually will be. Just look at A-Rod..

Secondly, the Big 12 has been around for a decade. We had two coaches, one who thought the entire offense revolved around the QB and every play had to be made special for him, and another coach who was all business and really had no idea how to run a college program. If T.O. had remained as coach, I'm sure we would still be a dominant power. T.O. has always adapted his defenses and offenses to meet the times, and Nebraska once had a strong spread running/passing attack, we weren't always this strong option team under Osborne like people assume we were.

Posters like these are why I only listen to what Fro Daddy has to say, because he actually comes up with intelligent rebuttals and comments instead of just pulling crap out of his ass pretending Mizzou is greatest thing to hit college football ever. I have never though that Nebraska was the greatest and will always be the greatest, but I do believe in football programs making comebacks. OU was sh#t in the 90's, and now look where they are. Alabama was piss poor for a long time as well. Nebraska may never be what it used to be, but Nebraska will be competing for championships again some day.

One thing I do question is our offensive style. I like Watson and he runs a good offense, but there isn't much unique about it. I think one of the factors that led to our dominating run in the 90s was the fact that our offense was very different than most of our competitors'. When most teams had thrown away the option-heavy concepts of the 70s and 80s, TO remolded them into something innovative and, with the right personnel in place, incredibly dangerous.

The fact that our offense was so unique helped us level the playing field with the teams who had huge recruiting advantages over us. We weren't recruiting the same type of QB or WR (and in some ways OL) that the other powerhouse programs were. Now our offense is almost indistinguishable from what most other teams in the country are running. So we are recruiting all the same players as schools like USC, Florida, LSU and Texas. And we rarely win recruiting battles with those schools.

One thing I do question is our offensive style. I like Watson and he runs a good a offense, but there isn't much unique about it. I think one of the factors that led to our dominating run in the 90s was the fact that our offense was very different than most of our competitors'. When most teams had thrown away the option-heavy concepts of the 70s and 80s, TO remolded them into something innovative and, with the right personnel in place, incredibly dangerous.

The fact that our offense was so unique helped us level the playing field with the teams who had huge recruiting advantages over us. We weren't recruiting the same type of QB or WR (and in some ways OL) that the other powerhouse programs were. Now our offense is almost indistinguishable from what most other teams in the country are running. So we are recruiting all the same players as schools like USC, Florida, LSU and Texas. And we rarely win recruiting battles with those schools.

Excellent point! I never understood those that felt that NU had to get out of the "dark ages". The program was doing just fine under TO.