Patrick Witt

Wow.....now we're even taking shots at the girls he could get.

Although it seems like he has over-the-top football dad I don't really have a problem with their request. They think he has a shot to play somewhere as a starter. They asked the coaches to name a starter after spring ball so that if he wasn't the starter, they could get that opportunity somewhere else.

He didn't commit to Bo. He committed to Cally. The situation has changed and maybe it wasn't the best place for him. He made a request- request denied.

I also think it was OK for Bo to say "Nope, I can't do that."

As for calling upper classmen aabout workouts, etc. Sounds like he was trying to be a leader. Just is a little socially awkward.

Good luck Patrick. I hope you have a nice career somewhere.

After all of this character stuff...who brought up the possibility of him teaching the wrong signals? Sounds kind of possible at this point. What a shame

Like C Glenn there are many stories and little actual info.

:yeah

It's best if we just stick to what we know and what the reliable sources have said, and not what has been speculated/claimed by the fan base.

The more info. that comes out (i.e. Sipple story), the more it seems like we should be glad this took place now and didn't blow up later. I have read other good posts...Bo can't put up with a player and his dad dictating who he plays and demanding he name a starter, etc. If this is what truly happened, then I applaud Bo for running the program how I would want it to be run. We've got good QB's on this team...somebody will take the reigns and become the starter...I have no doubt the staff will find out who is best prepared to do that. I trust Bo to bring in guys that will compete and pull for the team whether they end up starting or not. It seems to be a theme when I read recruits take on Bo that basically, "he is straight up...he does not BS or sugarcoat you...he tells you it won't be easy, etc." I don't think we would want it any other way.

The more info. that comes out (i.e. Sipple story), the more it seems like we should be glad this took place now and didn't blow up later. I have read other good posts...Bo can't put up with a player and his dad dictating who he plays and demanding he name a starter, etc. If this is what truly happened, then I applaud Bo for running the program how I would want it to be run. We've got good QB's on this team...somebody will take the reigns and become the starter...I have no doubt the staff will find out who is best prepared to do that. I trust Bo to bring in guys that will compete and pull for the team whether they end up starting or not. It seems to be a theme when I read recruits take on Bo that basically, "he is straight up...he does not BS or sugarcoat you...he tells you it won't be easy, etc." I don't think we would want it any other way.

All part of the process of weeding out the guys who should have never been recruited here in the first place. <_<

i heard that witt and glenn were running an organ harvesting operation in lincoln.

c'mon! tell me you haven't seen the homeless population go down around here?

In the end, though, many reports indicate Witt wasn't the best QB at the position anyway, so this whole thing is probably moot. We may have only just let a career backup walk out the door. Hard to say for sure, but as far as character goes, we might have just saved ourselves some real heartache down the road.

I agree with you, Witt is out the door, lets now look to the future which is Lee or Green. Major rep points to Bo for showing Witt, the team and fans how tough of a coach he is.

If what was said about Crouch bullying Solich into begging him to come back, i had no idea that was case, but thats pretty sad. However it does make sense though. When he got drafted by the Rams as a CB, he was pissed and threaten to leave if they didnt make him QB, but he got injured and was let go by the team.

In the end, though, many reports indicate Witt wasn't the best QB at the position anyway, so this whole thing is probably moot. We may have only just let a career backup walk out the door. Hard to say for sure, but as far as character goes, we might have just saved ourselves some real heartache down the road.

I agree with you, Witt is out the door, lets now look to the future which is Lee or Green. Major rep points to Bo for showing Witt, the team and fans how tough of a coach he is.

If what was said about Crouch bullying Solich into begging him to come back, i had no idea that was case, but thats pretty sad. However it does make sense though. When he got drafted by the Rams as a CB, he was pissed and threaten to leave if they didnt make him QB, but he got injured and was let go by the team.

well i don't know if anyone knows the EXACT details of the thing, but if i remember right Newcombe was named starter at first, crouch went emo but solich talked to him and got him to come back. Newcombe still started at first but i think they got crouch significant PT and he started partly because of an injury to Newcombe. I think they traded starting jobs a couple times but Crouch eventually won it. IDK that he was begged back or promised anything. I think all we know is that he decided to come back after solich talked to him. Could have been that he just convinced him to stick it out, could have been that Solich caved in some way, who knows.

After all of this character stuff...who brought up the possibility of him teaching the wrong signals? Sounds kind of possible at this point. What a shame

I don't think Sipple would be publishing anything that he hadn't verified. As far as some of the racial stuff, some of that is just better left out of the papers if it was true, we don't need to have recruits thinking that we are a bunch of racist up in Nebraska, or that we condone it. The other stuff, about him basically giving Bo an ultimatum is all fair game. There is actually quite a bit of info out there this time. Still don't know what happened in the Glenn incident for sure...

i heard that witt and glenn were running an organ harvesting operation in lincoln.

c'mon! tell me you haven't seen the homeless population go down around here?

<_< Actually, if you had your facts straight, they DID just open a new soup kitchen in Lincoln, so the homeless population has actually probably increased. I don't know that I would want many of their organs anyway...think I would have a better shot going to China and getting one from a political prisoner or something like that - at least then it is only a little bruised, not pickled...

"According to a source close to the Nebraska program, Witt and his father sought assurance from Husker coaches that the coaches would name the starting quarterback at the end of spring practice. That way, if Witt wasn’t named starter, he presumably could arrange to transfer, or at least evaluate his situation.

Nebraska coach Bo Pelini declined to address the matter Monday. But the source said Pelini informed the Witts that it was highly unlikely (read: forget it, guys) that he would release Patrick from his scholarship if Patrick made such a request at the end of spring drills. Pelini apparently loathed the idea of Witt going through spring practice while considering a transfer. So, Pelini forced Witt’s hand before spring drills began."

Here is also the link http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog...rn=ncaaf,143614

This sounds much like the situation of Harrison Beck and Zac Taylor. If this story holds true, I like the way Pelini went about addressing this issue. There was no "beating around the bush." No point in wasting all of spring ball on a quarterback that is unsure if Nebraska is right for him. I say a good move clearing out players not fueled by competition. I respect Joey Ganz more and more after reading story after story of quarterbacks not wanting to earn their position.