Patrick Witt

Yea i felt that Witt would have been a great choice for the starting QB spot, but from what ive read about Witt's father remarks, and what Bo said in his statement, i feel there is an underlying issue to his departure.

If it was a football program thing or he felt he didn't feel comfortable with the system, i dont think he would need so much secrecy to his departure from the program.

But Witt-aside, Spano, Lee, and Green are thr front-runners and it will be interesting to see the spring game and how they perform out there on the field.

Good luck but Good riddance....there are plenty of kids who want to play and want to compete to play at Nebraska. We'll be fine, and IMO I think it's better that his intention to leave are known now so that the rest of the offseason and spring drills can be used for players that want to be here.

Sounds like the staff is not too hurt about his decision, sounds like they're just letting him walk away, so I imagine whether on talent and/or personality he wasn't adding that much to the team...he definitely wasn't Tommie...ppl like Frazier you learn to get along with or at least deal with. And for the record...when I worked at Mulhall's in the past I frequently helped Tommie, his wife, and kid at the store and he was always very pleasant to work with as long as we didn't make a scene with him being there...he just wanted to stay low-key....which was fine with me because I got to talk to him in person, by myself....I'll stop cheesing now.

:koolaid2:

Well, we knew one of them was going to transfer. Can't have five quarterbacks in one system and expect four of them to happily sit on the bench. Quarterbacks are leaders and will naturally be inclined to go where they can lead.

Plus . . .

Witt was a fumbler. snacks.gif

The following is an anonymous comment taken from the forum at 'The Dailynebraskan' newspaper:

"I wish all of you could have met the real Patrick Witt, He was the nicest guy and respected everyone I ever saw him around. Before you talk about him you need to know the whole story, I am sure it wasn't his choice to change schools in highschool, and he loved football, and yes his heart was there, but somethings just aren't right where you're at and he is finding the right fit for him. He is a great guy, athlete and before you go spreading rumors just get the facts first. I think the football team is losing a great player and friend and the school is losing a great student. He is more that just a spot on the team, he also took great pride in his grades and should be known for that as well. Sorry to see you leaving Patrick and hopefully you're next place is the right fit for you. Thanks for being such a great guy."

The coaching staff is certainly looking at QB's who are more mobile. I have it on good authority that A. J. Derby a highly touted high school junior was in Lincoln for junior weekend and he has been said to be very Tebow like although he is 6' 5" and about 215. Wit may have seen the writing on the wall with Jr to be Lee, Soph to be Spano and Fr Green coming in this semester it may have appeared to him that he would not fit well with those already here and those who are being heavily recruited.

T_O_B

Screw the PC bull crap!!!!

He is a frippen quitter, malcontent. Who gives a Rats ass how he does or where he goes.

Get the F out. No use for quitters, they gutted this team in the past.

No more prima donnas!!

Come on skersfan, you almost quit being a Husker fan because we hired Bo. Just kidding, I'm with you, I'm tired of all these kids that quit when one little thing does'nt go their way. And what is worse is when daddy has to step in and take care of his little 21 year old boy. Daddy had to bounce this little prima donna around and around till little Patrick got his way, and now he does it again. Good luck in the real world kid, maybe you should go to NC-State and room with Harrison Beck, his teamates like him about as much as the Huskers liked you. Now GTFO, you little spoiled punk.

The coaching staff is certainly looking at QB's who are more mobile. I have it on good authority that A. J. Derby a highly touted high school junior was in Lincoln for junior weekend and he has been said to be very Tebow like although he is 6' 5" and about 215. Wit may have seen the writing on the wall with Jr to be Lee, Soph to be Spano and Fr Green coming in this semester it may have appeared to him that he would not fit well with those already here and those who are being heavily recruited.

T_O_B

Saying that he saw the writing on the wall doesn't make sense to me. Many people had him as the favorite for the starting job next year, so what about that writing on the wall? As one of the favorites you would think for sure that he would want to compete in Spring Ball and then see where he was. Then there would be some real writing on the wall for him to make a decision from.

Screw the PC bull crap!!!!

He is a frippen quitter, malcontent. Who gives a Rats ass how he does or where he goes.

Get the F out. No use for quitters, they gutted this team in the past.

No more prima donnas!!

Holy crap man... I don't like guys leaving the team instead of competing either but realistically when he signed here we were a pro style offense not a type of spread. I can't blame him for wanting to play somewhere that suits himself which WAS Nebraska when he signed, but its not Nebraska now.

I've met Witt and he always seemed like a team guy and was always so respectful and nice. I have no reason to label this guy as a "quitter or malcontent"

T_O_B

Derby would be a good pick up to get away from the Hawkeyes! might be a toughie though... Witt probably did see the writing on the wall and it was time to move on.

The following is an anonymous comment taken from the forum at 'The Dailynebraskan' newspaper:

"I wish all of you could have met the real Patrick Witt, He was the nicest guy and respected everyone I ever saw him around. Before you talk about him you need to know the whole story, I am sure it wasn't his choice to change schools in highschool, and he loved football, and yes his heart was there, but somethings just aren't right where you're at and he is finding the right fit for him. He is a great guy, athlete and before you go spreading rumors just get the facts first. I think the football team is losing a great player and friend and the school is losing a great student. He is more that just a spot on the team, he also took great pride in his grades and should be known for that as well. Sorry to see you leaving Patrick and hopefully you're next place is the right fit for you. Thanks for being such a great guy."

Please! I lived on Schramm 2 the same year he came, and he was real nice until he started meeting people, and pulling the I'm a QB for Nebraska crap. There were days where I had great conversations with him, other days where I didn't, but I haven't talked to him since an occasional meeting in CBA last year.

I was all for supporting him if he became the starting QB...but I wouldn't have been too happy about it since I like Lee better.

For those of you hoping that he will or will not choose a Big 12 school.......ain't gonna happen.... I believe that if he transfers to another D-1 program, he will have to sit out a year and if he transfers within the same conference, he would sit out for 2 years.... Isn't he a redshirt sophomore?........if so, he would only have 1 yr of eligibility if he went to a Big 12 school.....I may be wrong, but I think that is the case.

The poster posting in his defense is right.

None of us know what happened, nor are we in any position to judge the situation in any way.

Doesn't mean we can't be upset that he's leaving, but we can't get angry at him. I wish him the best and I'm sorry it didn't work out.