DE Owamagbe Odighizuwa

OWA update from HI: The HI writer talked to OWA's coach today about the time-line of OWA committing. Apparently the coach and OWA sat down and made like a point system to evaluate each school he was considering (Oregon, NU, UCLA). Turns out we all tied. Owa's goal is to have his official decision by Friday, but it's possible the official may not come until signing day. I have to say that OWA handles this stuff like a pro, gotta love the kids maturity, and not letting all of this go to his head.

Hmmm. The longer this goes on the more nervous I get. It might still be hard to get him to leave home . . . especially if the schools are tied otherwise. :(

OWA update from HI: The HI writer talked to OWA's coach today about the time-line of OWA committing. Apparently the coach and OWA sat down and made like a point system to evaluate each school he was considering (Oregon, NU, UCLA). Turns out we all tied. Owa's goal is to have his official decision by Friday, but it's possible the official may not come until signing day. I have to say that OWA handles this stuff like a pro, gotta love the kids maturity, and not letting all of this go to his head.

Hmmm. The longer this goes on the more nervous I get. It might still be hard to get him to leave home . . . especially if the schools are tied otherwise. :(

Yeah...that makes me nervous too.

From some of the chatter on the board earlier, it made me feel as if we were way in the lead.

Hopefully the crap in Oregon knocked them out.. Although most of us assumed it was a two horse race between NU and UCLA anyway, so not much movement on that front.

I just hope his prospective school chart doesn't have bogus items like Girls, or Beaches, or Weather as list items.. instead I pray it only consists of academics and football. We would win on that chart compared to UCLA.

IMO, the fact that all 3 schools (or two) are TIED after the point system does not bode well for NU. I assumed that NU would have a lot more points after his meeting. The distance from home may be huge here, especially with all else being even. I know that the distance was figured into the point system, but I am getting very nervous about this. The longer he waits beyond the "in-home", the worse it probably gets. Hopefully our staff and players are all over this (I am sure they are).

Hopefully the crap in Oregon knocked them out.. Although most of us assumed it was a two horse race between NU and UCLA anyway, so not much movement on that front.

I just hope his prospective school chart doesn't have bogus items like Girls, or Beaches, or Weather as list items.. instead I pray it only consists of academics and football. We would win on that chart compared to UCLA.

Actually, it would be a tie in that case. Nebraska would win for football and UCLA would win for academics.

in my opinion, I HATE HIS HS COACH. why would you want to "grade" the schools in some made up graph thing? I guarantee you OWA didn't do that thing on his own either.. his coach probably has an agenda of his own.

Maybe because he wanted to make a rational decision that is in his best interest rather than just a purely emotion based choice? Haven't you ever made a Pros and Cons list to make a major decision?

I don't know why that upsets you.

in my opinion, I HATE HIS HS COACH. why would you want to "grade" the schools in some made up graph thing? I guarantee you OWA didn't do that thing on his own either.. his coach probably has an agenda of his own.

Or he's just trying to help his player make the most informed decision possible. After all, Owa's coach did tell him that when all is said and done, go with your heart. I really don't think his coach has an agenda here, other than helping Owa the best he knows how.

What's that? Lost my place after I rolled down and seen your sig....

I still think there are to many rumors circulating around the boards for none of them to be true. Sounds like he is open to all options and is making sure NU is the best place for him. Its got to be a HUGE decision leaving your home state when your considered the best recruit in said state. Hes giving a fair shot to is final 3 and is making an educated decision, cant fault him for that. Although its disappointing because i expected to hear something today.... i still think hes ours.