Fox Sports says Big 12 expansion

Mentions adding TCU, university of Houston.

My big deal with all of this is, it really wouldn't be the Big 12 would it? Wouldn't it be the Big 14? Thank about having to change all of that stationary!!!

i say BRING IT!

you can then call the north the Big 8 Division and then call the south the South West Division.

give put Oklahoma and Oklahoma State in the north and have TCU and Houston go south.

and, oh yah, NEBRASKA PLAYS OKLAHOMA LAST GAME IN NOVEMBER AS GOD MEANT IT TO BE.

i now yield the floor.

sounds good.

My big deal with all of this is, it really wouldn't be the Big 12 would it? Wouldn't it be the Big 14? Thank about having to change all of that stationary!!!

i say BRING IT!

you can then call the north the Big 8 Division and then call the south the South West Division.

give put Oklahoma and Oklahoma State in the north and have TCU and Houston go south.

and, oh yah, NEBRASKA PLAYS OKLAHOMA LAST GAME IN NOVEMBER AS GOD MEANT IT TO BE.

i now yield the floor.

sounds good.

yep, this would be cool actually, lol. if the big 12 adds teams then it could consider getting rid of interconference play, or at least cut it to one game. the scheduling along with the champ game is really hurting the big 12 imo

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! Ever since we left the Big 8, the tradition factor has taken a hit. To have the Big 8 back as a division would be awesome. The Texas schools would also seem more at home and share more of a history as a remade Southwest. :woo

i say BRING IT!

i now yield the floor.

sounds good.

yep, this would be cool actually, lol. if the big 12 adds teams then it could consider getting rid of interconference play, or at least cut it to one game. the scheduling along with the champ game is really hurting the big 12 imo

i say BRING IT!

i now yield the floor.

sounds good.

Wouldn't that leave only 6 teams in the South (Southwest)? How would that work? Add 2 more to the SW then it would be 16 teams? Then we wouldn't play any of the SW division teams but once every three years and only be able to play two out-of-conference games. Take away two from the North, then it would be back to Big 12 North converence with 6 teams. The math just doesn't work right. I don't think it will happen.

i say BRING IT!

i now yield the floor.

sounds good.

Wouldn't that leave only 6 teams in the South (Southwest)? How would that work? Add 2 more to the SW then it would be 16 teams? Then we wouldn't play any of the SW division teams but once every three years and only be able to play two out-of-conference games. Take away two from the North, then it would be back to Big 12 North converence with 6 teams. The math just doesn't work right. I don't think it will happen.

2 more teams to keep talent in Texas from the big 12 north schools. Why go to *****, when you can stay right here an play in your home state or town, since DFW and Houston produce most of the top Texas kids along with East Texas.

The last thing we need is more Texas in the Big XII. Four teams are presently from one state which also happens to be the most fertile recruiting grounds in the country. I do think that we have a conference imbalance that will only be changed if some crappy coaches end up with the Longhorns and the Sooners one of these days. It's been awhile since Texas has been down.

I'm sure these two teams can join other conferences. I don't mind them joining if Missouri ever decks out to the Big 10 and if Iowa State drops off the world (sorry Cy) but honestly, this would put a huge talent advantage on the South division (bigger than there already is). Six teams in the SAME conference from the SAME state? No way in hell anybody would make this is a reality.

If they did, college football would lose some interest for me.

I'm sure these two teams can join other conferences. I don't mind them joining if Missouri ever decks out to the Big 10 and if Iowa State drops off the world (sorry Cy) but honestly, this would put a huge talent advantage on the South division (bigger than there already is). Six teams in the SAME conference from the SAME state? No way in hell anybody would make this is a reality.

Why drop schools from a conference so that we can add better football schools? The conference needs struggling programs as much as it needs elite ones. If you want a super conference why don't you propose that the top 2 schools from each BCS conference play in a NCAA champions league? I like the fact that schools who are just starting to make a history for themselves want to move up in the world but the only way to maintain balance is to keep the schools you have or to implant a tier system into the conference with promotion/relegation built in so that lower schools could climb the conference ladder. I have no problem expanding but would prefer that we stay out of Texas, maybe Tulsa and Wyoming (I know they suck at everything but rodeo).

Why drop schools from a conference so that we can add better football schools? The conference needs struggling programs as much as it needs elite ones. If you want a super conference why don't you propose that the top 2 schools from each BCS conference play in a NCAA champions league? I like the fact that schools who are just starting to make a history for themselves want to move up in the world but the only way to maintain balance is to keep the schools you have or to implant a tier system into the conference with promotion/relegation built in so that lower schools could climb the conference ladder. I have no problem expanding but would prefer that we stay out of Texas, maybe Tulsa and Wyoming (I know they suck at everything but rodeo).

Well first off, I mentioned dropping schools because Missouri heading to the Big 10 has always been a topic of discussion for many years.

Seconldy, I agree about not adding Texas schools. The recruiting advantage would be too great and unfair for the rest of the conference. I'd say and schools from a different state than Texas.