Huskers reveal new "Check with me" defense

I'm surprised it has taken this long for the whole "check with me" concept to make it's way over to the defensive side of the ball.

I agree. It seems like this could be pretty effective. Hopefully this will spell an end to this "get to the line and look to the sidelines" type of offenses. It's never really sat well with me. It works obviously, but it seems like some sort of video game manuever.

I'm surprised it has taken this long for the whole "check with me" concept to make it's way over to the defensive side of the ball.

I agree. It seems like this could be pretty effective. Hopefully this will spell an end to this "get to the line and look to the sidelines" type of offenses. It's never really sat well with me. It works obviously, but it seems like some sort of video game manuever.

I like it. But I think the reason no one has thought of it before is because it might take too long for the d to switch and get ready. Normally when no huddle offenses get a play they try to run it as fast as possible. Also the reason no one has thought of it is, no one else has Bo

I like it. But I think the reason no one has thought of it before is because it might take too long for the d to switch and get ready. Normally when no huddle offenses get a play they try to run it as fast as possible. Also the reason no one has thought of it is, no one else has Bo

I remember Les Miles saying that Bo Pelini had done things he had never seen done before. This could be another example. If it pans out then then Coach Pelini may be one of ther greatest defensive minds in the game.

I dunno...the way I see this whole thing, the offense still has somewhat of an advantage. They will be able to call the play and get it off possibly before the defense can react to the offenses shifts. I have a feeling that this may take some time to perfect once the season starts, and may have some of us fans scratching our heads when they get caught now and then with their pants down and look a little lost. With that being said, if anyone can pull this off, it is Bo...but I also wouldn't be surprised if this changes a bit as we get into next season.

Not gonna lie, but this is getting frustrating.

“It’s going to be great for us,” said defensive end Pierre Allen. “They’re probably not going to know that we can do it, too.”

Are you freaking kidding me? They're not going to know you're going to have a system that you blab to the papers about? Is it going to be like our brilliant new defensive gameplan against Missouri, or how we talked about how we were going to throw a lot of quick slants against OU?

Maybe I'm missing something

:yeah Ever since I've seen this thing progress throughout this conference and full blown go out of control last season, I've hated it. I understand the theory/advantage behind it, but C'mon, pee wee football players, HS football players run the play that is called. For example, Mizzery, KU, OSU, OU all have experienced seniors playing for them and you see their players run to line up, look over to the OC for the call. Hmmm, I guess they don't want their players/QB's to think for themselves about audibling into a different play, right or wrong. The players can never learn. Just think when they're done with football, out in the workforce, where's the OC to make the call???

That's why me, as a GM would never spend a high draft pick on a QB in this league. Also if I had a blue chip QB son he goes to a school where the coaches allow the QB's to make their own decisions on audibles, right or wrong, live and learn and get better as a player. I think Nebraska, Texas, Colorado, Prince were the only teams that allowed their Qbs to think. Gundy's billboard crap is horse sh!t.

I'm surprised at how good of a poster you are. Keep up the good work.

:yeah I kind of noticed that too, not too shabby for a girl!

:yeah Ever since I've seen this thing progress throughout this conference and full blown go out of control last season, I've hated it. I understand the theory/advantage behind it, but C'mon, pee wee football players, HS football players run the play that is called. For example, Mizzery, KU, OSU, OU all have experienced seniors playing for them and you see their players run to line up, look over to the OC for the call. Hmmm, I guess they don't want their players/QB's to think for themselves about audibling into a different play, right or wrong. The players can never learn. Just think when they're done with football, out in the workforce, where's the OC to make the call???

That's why me, as a GM would never spend a high draft pick on a QB in this league. Also if I had a blue chip QB son he goes to a school where the coaches allow the QB's to make their own decisions on audibles, right or wrong, live and learn and get better as a player. I think Nebraska, Texas, Colorado, Prince were the only teams that allowed their Qbs to think. Gundy's billboard crap is horse sh!t.

I can't say I hate the fast pace of the game, but it will be interesting how much this offense will effect the NFL in a few more years. When I was playing ball we ran a spread/quick set. It evolved from our 2 minute offense and we all had arm bands with the plays on it. The QB called out the number and we ran that play. I liked this as an offensive lineman b/c when we got up against a team that was not in as good as shape they were winded and we could just run it down their throats.

What is the difference with what Peyton Manning does every single game? The biggest difference is that the coaches are not jumping around like morons or holding up billboards for their team to see. With the knowledge Peyton has he just calls his plays. I think if a QB is going through similar experiences in college they may have an easier time with doing this in the NFL...if the team allows it and the QB studies his a$$ off like Manning does.

Not gonna lie, but this is getting frustrating.

“It’s going to be great for us,” said defensive end Pierre Allen. “They’re probably not going to know that we can do it, too.”

Are you freaking kidding me? They're not going to know you're going to have a system that you blab to the papers about? Is it going to be like our brilliant new defensive gameplan against Missouri, or how we talked about how we were going to throw a lot of quick slants against OU?

Maybe I'm missing something

:yeah