Spano Injury

Still can't seem to find anything on this yet. You'd think there would be something out there at least looking into the situation.

did just find this though

http://www.journalstar.com/blog/huskers.php

It says that he was seen limping off the field after Mondays practice.

EDIT: It's official. http://www.journalstar.com/blog/huskers.ph...p;tb=1&pb=1

On green. Have him sit, don't pull the shirt unless it Lee goes down for good at some point. If it is going to be a couple plays here and there, I think we will see washington (handing the ball off)

Still can't seem to find anything on this yet. You'd think there would be something out there at least looking into the situation.

did just find this though

http://www.journalstar.com/blog/huskers.php

It says that he was seen limping off the field after Mondays practice.

EDIT: It's official. http://www.journalstar.com/blog/huskers.ph...p;tb=1&pb=1

On green. Have him sit, don't pull the shirt unless it Lee goes down for good at some point. If it is going to be a couple plays here and there, I think we will see washington (handing the ball off)

Thank you Alex.

Anyone that goes into the season wanting LTW as their number 2 is crazy..... He will be better off a RB then QB....

Sorry, but on what are you basing this assumption? Washington played QB in high school and switched to defense in college, so he is still familiar with what it takes to be a quarterback. As of right now, he's the third best guy we have on the team at the quarterback position.

Well, this is disastrous. I think you've almost got to assume someone is going to be making a switch to QB. Maybe Martinez will move over there (considering the depth in the secondary, that sounds like a logical choice). Whatever the case is, we are in deep, deep trouble if Lee takes a bad hit. I wonder how this will effect our zone-read scheme, not wanting Lee to take a bad shot.

Well, this is disastrous. I think you've almost got to assume someone is going to be making a switch to QB. Maybe Martinez will move over there (considering the depth in the secondary, that sounds like a logical choice). Whatever the case is, we are in deep, deep trouble if Lee takes a bad hit. I wonder how this will effect our zone-read scheme, not wanting Lee to take a bad shot.

From all reports, Martinez is going to start out at QB regardless of the Spano injury. So even if Spano is out this fall (he might be back by then), we have Lee, Washington, Green, and Martinez all as scholarship QB's. Lee has time in the system, but he's only thrown 2 passes at NU, so it's not like he's that much ahead of the others in experience. We could have 3 more guys go down and still have another to bring in - that's a lot. Heck, Lee could come out and stink it up causing one of the others to replace him as the starter. We simply don't know how the QB situation will shake out, but we've got plenty of bodies.

I wonder if it was a freak accident because I thought the QB's wear GREEN jerseys during practice.

I bet Cody does..(wear GREEN..at least on the back).

Sorry..bad joke

Anyone that goes into the season wanting LTW as their number 2 is crazy..... He will be better off a RB then QB....

Still...

And from Bradenton, FL.

How bad could that be?