SIGNED RB Aaron Green

I wouldn't expect a rush from Aaron. I'd be really surprised if he pulled the trigger before the season.

I completely agree

I hope he isnt a signing day decision because that might not help us in the end.

I wouldn't expect a rush from Aaron. I'd be really surprised if he pulled the trigger before the season.

I completely agree

I hope he isnt a signing day decision because that might not help us in the end.

I disagree. Texas will move on from him if they know he is leaning elsewhere, or isnt going to commit sooner rather than later.

I completely agree

I disagree. Texas will move on from him if they know he is leaning elsewhere, or isnt going to commit sooner rather than later.

I dunno about that... it depends on how bad they want him and who their other options are. Last year they held out for several 5* players... Jackson Jeffcoat and Jordan Hicks both committed a week before signing day.

According to some of the recruits who visited the Texas spring game (Quincy Russell, Aaron Green), UT has 3 spots left... DT, DE, and RB... they can make 1-2 more available if "the right guy" comes along late in the recruiting process (aka 5* beast).

According to Quincy Rusell, Texas told him he is their #1 choice for DT, Cedrick Reed is their #1 choice for DE, and Aaron Green is their #1 choice for RB. However, Malcolm Brown is up there at RB too, and is actually rated higher than Green is for RB from Texas... a teaser on the Texas rivals site indicates Malcolm Brown might be making his decision soon and that it might be Texas... if he chooses Texas it might get interesting with the recruiting battle for Green...It's also interesting to me that Malcolm Brown who is rated as the #1 RB in Texas has been keeping silent about who his favs are, but seems to be talking to Rivals NOW about his leader(s)... Green will hold his verbal commitment until late fall/early spring... he'll want to take his visits, think on everything a while and then decide. My guess is that it will be Nebraska on ESPN on National Signing day... if not at the Army All Star Game...

I dunno about that... it depends on how bad they want him and who their other options are. Last year they held out for several 5* players... Jackson Jeffcoat and Jordan Hicks both committed a week before signing day.

According to some of the recruits who visited the Texas spring game (Quincy Russell, Aaron Green), UT has 3 spots left... DT, DE, and RB... they can make 1-2 more available if "the right guy" comes along late in the recruiting process (aka 5* beast).

According to Quincy Rusell, Texas told him he is their #1 choice for DT, Cedrick Reed is their #1 choice for DE, and Aaron Green is their #1 choice for RB. However, Malcolm Brown is up there at RB too, and is actually rated higher than Green is for RB from Texas... a teaser on the Texas rivals site indicates Malcolm Brown might be making his decision soon and that it might be Texas... if he chooses Texas it might get interesting with the recruiting battle for Green...It's also interesting to me that Malcolm Brown who is rated as the #1 RB in Texas has been keeping silent about who his favs are, but seems to be talking to Rivals NOW about his leader(s)... Green will hold his verbal commitment until late fall/early spring... he'll want to take his visits, think on everything a while and then decide. My guess is that it will be Nebraska on ESPN on National Signing day... if not at the Army All Star Game...

I think Green will get tired of the hoopla and commit somewhere in Oct. He'll take a few visits and then pull the trigger, hopefully for NU.

I completely agree

I know Texas's situation with recruiting. I know who their targets are as you mentioned them above. But I am going to have to respectfully disagree with you about what will happen. If Texas falls behind they will move on. They did the same with Adrian Peterson.

I think Green will get tired of the hoopla and commit somewhere in Oct. He'll take a few visits and then pull the trigger, hopefully for NU.

I heard that Green is waiting until this thread's post count excedes that of Owa's... :sarcasm

I heard that Green is waiting until this thread's post count excedes that of Owa's... :sarcasm

:LOLtartar

:LOLtartar

:laughpound Good stuff.

FYI, Green has always said he will commit on NSD.....if so, you can just about bet we surpass Owa's thread.

I completely agree

I know Texas's situation with recruiting. I know who their targets are as you mentioned them above. But I am going to have to respectfully disagree with you about what will happen. If Texas falls behind they will move on. They did the same with Adrian Peterson.

Judging by the respect I and others have for you on this board, your guess is better than mine. :worship

Let's just hope Green lets Texas know they are falling behind... let's hope he gives a leader in the fall and they move on early. : ) Either way though, if Green still waits till signing day to disclose... it only gives NU more publicity, and makes us look better for the TV audience and younger high school players.