SIGNED RB Aaron Green

Not sure at all about the source, but:

Aaron Green

Odds of Committing (to Tejas), Last Week to this Week: 45% to 60%

As Tipsy Gypsie reported earlier, our source is becoming more and more optimistic at the thought of Green joining Brown on the 40 acres.

First, don’t discount the effect that Nebraska’s move to the Big 10 has on the young man and his family. The Huskers will play zero games in the state of Texas after this season, and that’s weighed heavily on the minds of the Green family.

Green’s other favorite program, Texas, has a lot going for it. It’s a great school, a great program, and it’s a short one hour drive up the road from San Antonio. That’s huge.

Also, the Texas coaching staff has done a good job showing how Green would fit into an offense which would feature another great back in Malcolm Brown.

Kick returns, motioning out of the backfield, and reverses are just some of examples the Texas staff has evidently used with Green to illustrate how we’re going to get him touches. It doesn’t hurt that we used tape from two national championship games to show him.

Personally, I'd pick playing with my Brother and going away over having my parents at every game with my clean laundry...But my Brothers and I were very close.

I may be wrong but I think this piece was written the week before the article that quoted Green saying "I haven't talked to Texas in a long time."

Not worried.

• Fire 1

Aaron Green

As Tipsy Gypsie reported earlier, our source is becoming more and more optimistic at the thought of Green joining Brown on the 40 acres.

First, don’t discount the effect that Nebraska’s move to the Big 10 has on the young man and his family. The Huskers will play zero games in the state of Texas after this season, and that’s weighed heavily on the minds of the Green family.

Green’s other favorite program, Texas, has a lot going for it. It’s a great school, a great program, and it’s a short one hour drive up the road from San Antonio. That’s huge.

Also, the Texas coaching staff has done a good job showing how Green would fit into an offense which would feature another great back in Malcolm Brown.

Kick returns, motioning out of the backfield, and reverses are just some of examples the Texas staff has evidently used with Green to illustrate how we’re going to get him touches. It doesn’t hurt that we used tape from two national championship games to show him.

Personally, I'd pick playing with my Brother and going away over having my parents at every game with my clean laundry...But my Brothers and I were very close.

I may be wrong but I think this piece was written the week before the article that quoted Green saying "I haven't talked to Texas in a long time."

Not worried.

You are correct Sker, I read this on shaggy beaver and about fell out of my chair laughing at the arrogance.

Aaron Green

Not worried.

You are correct Sker, I read this on shaggy beaver and about fell out of my chair laughing at the arrogance.

I just love the hyped up new information that the coaches have been telling him that they want him and Brown and will get them both plenty of touches...and then he says that they coaches haven't talked to him in a month.

Aaron Green

Not worried.

I just love the hyped up new information that the coaches have been telling him that they want him and Brown and will get them both plenty of touches...and then he says that they coaches haven't talked to him in a month.

Funny, when he commits to us Texas cant even say that they "didnt want him." We have plenty of proof that they in fact do.

Thank you EZ, and just in case you had not seen this already here is Athlon Sports top 150

Top 150 recruits

I dont see Tyler Moore on that list. James Wilder is 2nd on that list and Tyler Moore DOMINATED him last season. Westerman is NOT better than Tyler. Not now not then not ever again.

after watching the fil of westerman he sure seemed to reach for alot of blocks.....not as dominate as what i thought i would see out of him.

FWIW all the major recruiting gurus following the situation have Aaron pegged for Nebraska. Only a matter of when.

There was a special July version of Big Red Wrap Up tonight and Sean Callahan thought that Green would be a Husker. He also said that it could become more interesting if Malcolm Brown decided to go somewhere other than Texas and therefore made Texas push more for Green. Would make it a tougher fight. Lets just hope we can get him in Red like he is meant to be!!!! :koolaid2:

FWIW all the major recruiting gurus following the situation have Aaron pegged for Nebraska. Only a matter of when.

There was a special July version of Big Red Wrap Up tonight and Sean Callahan thought that Green would be a Husker. He also said that it could become more interesting if Malcolm Brown decided to go somewhere other than Texas and therefore made Texas push more for Green. Would make it a tougher fight. Lets just hope we can get him in Red like he is meant to be!!!! :koolaid2:

Malcolm Brown will probably end up at UT. Bama backed off him and are strongly pursuing another back from Georgia named Isaiah Crowdell (spelling).

Malcolm Brown will probably end up at UT. Bama backed off him and are strongly pursuing another back from Georgia named Isaiah Crowdell (spelling).

Well, I suppose I'd rather see Brown end up at Alabama than TU, but if he has to go there, at least he's going somewhere that can't run no matter who is in the backfield. Not a good way to try to get to the next level, though. Being a RB at Texas is like being the official candy bar sponsor of diabetics.... kind of an oxymoron. Jamaal Charles was a fluke, no two ways about it :).

New Scout teaser:

“I want to take my official visits before I commit,” Aaron Green said. “I really want to go to Cal and Florida State because I haven’t been there before. I like how Cal runs the ball. They always have good running backs and send them to the league. From what I’ve read and heard about Cal, I like everything about them so far.” And Florida State? “I’m interesed to see how they do this year..."

LINK

New Scout teaser:

“I want to take my official visits before I commit,” Aaron Green said. “I really want to go to Cal and Florida State because I haven’t been there before. I like how Cal runs the ball. They always have good running backs and send them to the league. From what I’ve read and heard about Cal, I like everything about them so far.” And Florida State? “I’m interesed to see how they do this year..."

LINK

Nothing worth noting in the article, same old, same old.

Well, I suppose I'd rather see Brown end up at Alabama than TU, but if he has to go there, at least he's going somewhere that can't run no matter who is in the backfield. Not a good way to try to get to the next level, though. Being a RB at Texas is like being the official candy bar sponsor of diabetics.... kind of an oxymoron. Jamaal Charles was a fluke, no two ways about it :).

Not to defend Texas (I think I'm about to be HB crucified for this), but if NFL potential is an argument you use against Texas...not sure you'll get very far.

Current Texas NFL backs: Cedric Benson, Jamaal Charles, Ahmard Hall, Chris Ogbonnaya, Ricky Williams...

Current NU NFL backs: Correll Buckhalter, Brandon Jackson

...considering Nebraska is historically known for it's rushing attack, our current NFL roster isn't exactly impressive in the area.

Not to defend Texas (I think I'm about to be HB crucified for this), but if NFL potential is an argument you use against Texas...not sure you'll get very far.

Current Texas NFL backs: Cedric Benson, Jamaal Charles, Ahmard Hall, Chris Ogbonnaya, Ricky Williams...

Current NU NFL backs: Correll Buckhalter, Brandon Jackson

...considering Nebraska is historically known for it's rushing attack, our current NFL roster isn't exactly impressive in the area.

Can you add recently retired 10 or 11 player, Ahman Green? He just retired but our list more impressive if you add that name.

I am not feeling anyone one on their list. They had a great one but the guy is a little off mentally. The other back on the list that has potential can't stop getting arrested. What is the amount of yards those backs got last year compared to the trio of NU backs? Also, most of those names would have to come from the Solich and Calahan eras and they really put NU back in the top 10 nationally. It is hard to get top flight running backs to look at NU when you are getting 70 points dropped on you by middle of the road Big 12 teams. Thankfully we now are back on track with Bo.

Texass has all that talent to recruit from but their running game is a complete mess. Posters from Texass say their line play was horrible that is why our game last year was so close and they only scored 10 points, while scoring more than 40 against all the other competition.