SIGNED RB Aaron Green

Braylon Heard will be a 2011 commit, right.

Assuming we get him the second time around since we "theoretically" have to continue recruiting him. (I think the odds are far in our favor here) - however that is a more recent development, and not something that is going to impact our recruitment of Green IMO.

gkf, good observation. As gratefull mentioned...at least we'll have Heard to fall back on this year if it doesn't pan out w/ AG. Personally, I'm not too worried about the RB position this year - and I think our offensive production will drastically improve and all of this WR/RB nonsense will take care of itself.

NOt to be a debbie downer or anything but did texas said they would take both brown and green and with ASJ or whom ever the TE is that spurnned them they might put a full court press on green. i still hope and think we will land green but this may not be a good thing.

NOt to be a debbie downer or anything but did texas said they would take both brown and green and with ASJ or whom ever the TE is that spurnned them they might put a full court press on green. i still hope and think we will land green but this may not be a good thing.

and if Brown would have committed anywhere else the same would be true...this way at least the odds turn in our favor.

I'm gonna stay off the boards for a while. People get so worked up about things with absolutely no information to back their ridiculous "gut feelings". I know I know, "welcome to the internet" right? Well I'm layin off the sauce till the season starts.

What Malcolm does doesnt have much bearing on Aaron. The word is that if Malcolm did in fact commit to Texas it would increase Texas's chances of getting Green slightly, but not significantly.

:yeah

Don't worry too much fellas. Once the smoke settles it will all be okay. ;)

What Malcolm does doesnt have much bearing on Aaron. The word is that if Malcolm did in fact commit to Texas it would increase Texas's chances of getting Green slightly, but not significantly.

:yeah

Don't worry too much fellas. Once the smoke settles it will all be okay. ;)

You seem awfully confident that Green is going to be 'N'. Is this inside info or a gut feeling?

We absolutely need at least one RB in this class, preferably 2 as Heard isn't a for-sure qualifier for next season. I'm not sure the coaches should be putting all of their RB eggs in the Aaron Green basket.

***SNIP***

Brown's choice could also affect another area running back, Madison's Aaron Green.

Green, a 5-foot-11, 190-pound back, has narrowed his choices to Florida State, Nebraska, California and Texas. He's the fifth-ranked running back in the nation according to Rivals.

Their high schools separated by 10 miles, Brown and Green became close friends while attending football camps and visiting colleges.

Steele and Madison meet in their season opener on Aug. 28 at Heroes Stadium, a game that will be televised on ESPN.

“It makes me think even harder about UT,” Green said. “I'm just proud of Malcolm. I knew he was going to pick Texas for a while, since it's close to home. It won't affect which school I pick too much, but Malcolm at Texas will always be in my mind.”

Hours before he made his commitment on Wednesday, Brown said that if he committed to Texas, he wouldn't try to persuade Green to be his teammate.

Brown said he didn't like it when others tried to talk him into picking a school, so he wouldn't do it to someone else.

***SNIP***

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/Steeles_Brown_commits_to_UT_101038704.html?showFullArticle=y