SIGNED RB Aaron Green

He has been declining rivals interviews from what I hear.

I see this as a good thing. Not too long ago we were saying that he said he will commit on a Sunday. He could be declining an interview because he has made his decision and doesn't want to let it get out till Sunday. Gotta be optimistic chuckleshuffle

The Sunday you are referring to is last Sunday, 10/17/10. That turned out to be 100% untrue. We have a 1 in 7 chance of a commit on Sunday. It can be any one of the days of the week that he announces.

Who ever said anything about 10/17/10? That was never actually said, only speculated. What Aaron said was, "Ok I think wen i commit to my college ima do it on a sunday:) jus talked to my dad about it....o yea its cumin soon guys." 10/17/10 was never mentioned.

great now every sunday i gotta be on Aaron watch waiting if THIS is gonna be the sunday he committs......

So I suppose we should all just call a break now and reconvene next sunday then? Do we want to make it a 24 hr watch or just 7 a.m.-11:59 p.m. type of deal. I think there's a good chance he calls rivals to tell them around 4 in the morning so we better be prepared and do a whole 24 hr dealio.

He has been declining rivals interviews from what I hear.

I see this as a good thing. Not too long ago we were saying that he said he will commit on a Sunday. He could be declining an interview because he has made his decision and doesn't want to let it get out till Sunday. Gotta be optimistic chuckleshuffle

The Sunday you are referring to is last Sunday, 10/17/10. That turned out to be 100% untrue. We have a 1 in 7 chance of a commit on Sunday. It can be any one of the days of the week that he announces.

Who ever said anything about 10/17/10? That was never actually said, only speculated. What Aaron said was, "Ok I think wen i commit to my college ima do it on a sunday:) jus talked to my dad about it....o yea its cumin soon guys." 10/17/10 was never mentioned.

great now every sunday i gotta be on Aaron watch waiting if THIS is gonna be the sunday he committs......

So I suppose we should all just call a break now and reconvene next sunday then? Do we want to make it a 24 hr watch or just 7 a.m.-11:59 p.m. type of deal. I think there's a good chance he calls rivals to tell them around 4 in the morning so we better be prepared and do a whole 24 hr dealio.

Agree. Let Nexus know he's pulling the graveyard shift watching those RSS feeds. I'll take 9am-11am

SAN ANTONIO Aaron Green took a big step toward reaching a decision in his recruitment. The four-star back took his second official visit over the weekend, this one to Nebraska, and the trip did not disappoint.

Green said his official visit to Nebraska was everything he thought it would be, and more.It was cool. It was everything I thought it would be and more, the 5-foot-11, 194-pound Green said. I got the chance to go to the game and hang out with my brother. It was all fun.

Green's brother Andrew, who also starred at San Antonio Madison in high school, is a redshirt freshman defensive back for the Huskers. Green said despite Nebraska's loss to Texas on Saturday, they made the most of his visit.

We went to Matt Penland's house. He's the team chaplain and Roy Helu's house is next door, Green said. They cooked all of this food and we had some discipleship with the christian athletes. That made me feel at home.

Green said the gathering at Penland's house was his favorite part of the trip. A very spiritual person, Green said the faith and beliefs of the coaching staff and the people around the football program is the biggest factor in where he'll go to school.

Ministry is No. 1, football comes second, Green said. I want to go somewhere I can grow spiritually and leave a better man than when I got there.

Green said he's still in contact with his other top schools Cal, Florida State and Texas. He's taken an official to Florida State and he has no other visits scheduled.

As far as when he'll decide, Green is sticking with his plan of announcing his decision on a Sunday and he's officially ruled out making his choice know at January's U.S. Army All-American Bowl.

I don't want to wait that long, Green said. I'm going to be making a decision, probably here in the next few weeks.

Notes

*Green is ranked as the No. 33 overall prospect in the country by 247Sports. Green is the No. 5 recruit in Texas and is the No. 5 running back in the nation.

*Texas assistant coaches Major Applewhite and Duane Akina have been handling Green's recruitment for the Longhorns. Texas has already picked up two commitments from running backs for 2011 Cibolo Steele's Malcolm Brown and North Mesquite's Joe Bergeron.

*On the season Green has rushed for 1,149 yards and 13 touchdowns (7.46 yards per rush). Madison lost a tough game last week to San Antonio Churchill, and Green can't wait for Friday's game against San Antonio Reagan. I can't wait, he said. I've never beaten Reagan, and I would love to go out my senior year having beaten those guys.

*There were comments around the San Antonio area that Green was more focused on the Nebraska than the Churchill game last week. Green said nothing could be further from the truth. I think its funny, he said. I'm not cocky or selfish. I don't walk around with my chest out and an attitude that I'm the man. That's not how Christ wants us to act.

Jeff Howe is a Staff writer for Hookem247

Article

Decision coming on a Sunday, next few weeks.

• Fire 1

SAN ANTONIO – Aaron Green took a big step toward reaching a decision in his recruitment. The four-star back took his second official visit over the weekend, this one to Nebraska, and the trip did not disappoint.

Green said his official visit to Nebraska was everything he thought it would be, and more.“It was cool. It was everything I thought it would be and more,” the 5-foot-11, 194-pound Green said. “I got the chance to go to the game and hang out with my brother. It was all fun.”

Green's brother Andrew, who also starred at San Antonio Madison in high school, is a redshirt freshman defensive back for the Huskers. Green said despite Nebraska's loss to Texas on Saturday, they made the most of his visit.

“We went to Matt Penland's house. He's the team chaplain and Roy Helu's house is next door,” Green said. “They cooked all of this food and we had some discipleship with the christian athletes. That made me feel at home.”

Green said the gathering at Penland's house was his favorite part of the trip. A very spiritual person, Green said the faith and beliefs of the coaching staff and the people around the football program is the biggest factor in where he'll go to school.

“Ministry is No. 1, football comes second,” Green said. “I want to go somewhere I can grow spiritually and leave a better man than when I got there.”

Green said he's still in contact with his other top schools – Cal, Florida State and Texas. He's taken an official to Florida State and he has no other visits scheduled.

As far as when he'll decide, Green is sticking with his plan of announcing his decision on a Sunday and he's officially ruled out making his choice know at January's U.S. Army All-American Bowl.

“I don't want to wait that long,” Green said. “I'm going to be making a decision, probably here in the next few weeks.”

Notes

*Green is ranked as the No. 33 overall prospect in the country by 247Sports. Green is the No. 5 recruit in Texas and is the No. 5 running back in the nation.

*Texas assistant coaches Major Applewhite and Duane Akina have been handling Green's recruitment for the Longhorns. Texas has already picked up two commitments from running backs for 2011 – Cibolo Steele's Malcolm Brown and North Mesquite's Joe Bergeron.

*On the season Green has rushed for 1,149 yards and 13 touchdowns (7.46 yards per rush). Madison lost a tough game last week to San Antonio Churchill, and Green can't wait for Friday's game against San Antonio Reagan. “I can't wait,” he said. “I've never beaten Reagan, and I would love to go out my senior year having beaten those guys.”

*There were comments around the San Antonio area that Green was more focused on the Nebraska than the Churchill game last week. Green said nothing could be further from the truth. “I think its funny,” he said. “I'm not cocky or selfish. I don't walk around with my chest out and an attitude that I'm the man. That's not how Christ wants us to act.”

Article

Finally some news!!! Thank you for the dig! man

SAN ANTONIO – Aaron Green took a big step toward reaching a decision in his recruitment. The four-star back took his second official visit over the weekend, this one to Nebraska, and the trip did not disappoint.

Green said his official visit to Nebraska was everything he thought it would be, and more.“It was cool. It was everything I thought it would be and more,” the 5-foot-11, 194-pound Green said. “I got the chance to go to the game and hang out with my brother. It was all fun.”

“We went to Matt Penland's house. He's the team chaplain and Roy Helu's house is next door,” Green said. “They cooked all of this food and we had some discipleship with the christian athletes. That made me feel at home.”

“Ministry is No. 1, football comes second,” Green said. “I want to go somewhere I can grow spiritually and leave a better man than when I got there.”

Green said he's still in contact with his other top schools – Cal, Florida State and Texas. He's taken an official to Florida State and he has no other visits scheduled.

“I don't want to wait that long,” Green said. “I'm going to be making a decision, probably here in the next few weeks.”

Notes

*Texas assistant coaches Major Applewhite and Duane Akina have been handling Green's recruitment for the Longhorns. Texas has already picked up two commitments from running backs for 2011 – Cibolo Steele's Malcolm Brown and North Mesquite's Joe Bergeron.

*On the season Green has rushed for 1,149 yards and 13 touchdowns (7.46 yards per rush). Madison lost a tough game last week to San Antonio Churchill, and Green can't wait for Friday's game against San Antonio Reagan. “I can't wait,” he said. “I've never beaten Reagan, and I would love to go out my senior year having beaten those guys.”

*There were comments around the San Antonio area that Green was more focused on the Nebraska than the Churchill game last week. Green said nothing could be further from the truth. “I think its funny,” he said. “I'm not cocky or selfish. I don't walk around with my chest out and an attitude that I'm the man. That's not how Christ wants us to act.”

Article

No problem. :thumbs

Notes

Article

Not only some news, that seems like pretty positve news

this might be a good sign on his facebook he is now friends with alonzo dennard and jamal turner as of tonight

I'm friends with Dennard on Facebook. Doesn't mean I'm committing to Nebraska.

Yeah but do you hold a scholarship from them?

Are you asking if they've offered me a schollie? If so, the answer is no. But that's only because they're complete fools. I can punt like nobody's business. Coach woulda put me in in the fourth quarter, we'd of made State. No doubt in my mind.