KC Star picks Huskers 2nd in the North

Does not matter - NU's kinks will be worked out by then. Even if you beat us you still don't beat us, kansas will always be kansas same as ksu will always be ksu in 208 games against your state NEBRASKA has had 38 off (losses) days.

Ilove differences of opinion, the spice of life, but what an odd take this is. A couple points to address...

1) If we beat you, we beat you. Who won 30 years ago doesn't get added to the score post mortem. It is not like you do not know what is coming up at this point.

2) KSU is a different school. Sorry that confuses you...

3) Combining records against different schools does not help make your point. What happens in Manhattan is not so relevant to what is happening in Lawrence. The same can be said for most states (California, Texas, Michigan, Oklahoma, Alabama, Florida, etc) , so does having only one major football prgram somehow cause you math issues?

So now that I have cleared those points up, good luck to you too buddy. Stay classy.

ku & ksu are the same to NEBRASKA - your a speed bump we hit every know and then - For ku football started 3 years ago and they're all pumping there chest. Teams that have no history and tradition will never understand what happens 30 years ago is still relevant to today.

:wacko::wtf

Don't get too worked up. South Bay is formerly known as Chad 1971 who had similar posts and idiotic rants. Check the woodshed or his Classy fans topic. He'll go away soon.

WHAAAAAAAA! some jerkoff doesn't like me - Where am I going so I can pack.

All he's saying is that you don't need to be so rude to fans of other teams who visits this site-which I whole-heartedly agree with.

Now, if said opposing fan is clearly being a jerk, trolling and/or poking the hornets nest then fine, fire away.

But, from what Ive been able to gather thus far, the fans from other teams on this site, for the most part, seem to be very level headed.

I didn't know that when you state facts that it was being rude. These other teams in the north have got a few wins since 2001 and they act like they've beat us for 50 years. No matter what these visiting fans think - ku, ksu ,isu, cu, mu will never be the PROGRAM Nebraska is. I'm so sorry if these people didn't get the ball thrown to them when they were in grade school and they're still sensitive about it but jeez christ quit your crying!!!

i actually agree with southbay on this one for the most part. i do not think that the KU game is going to be all that close next year.

as has been mentioned, they are basically breaking in a whole new offenses line and their defensive line is just not good.

Where do you win the game of football? IN THE TRENCHES! you could have barry sanders, randy moss, and dan marino in the backfield but it wouldnt matter if you had a bunch of rookies lining up in front of them....

i also think that Jayhawk was coming on here to stir the pot a bit (which isnt always a bad thing) because he certainly hasnt been on here posting the sites that have been picking the skers first, and all of a sudden he jumps on to say that the KANSAS city star picked the KANSAS jayhawks to finish first place in the big 12 north! just IMO.

Yeah, I just popped on. You never see me on here. Just joined and only post after a KU win or a Husker loss...

Regardless of if you agree with me, and this site would not exist if everyone agreed, I was more taking umbrage with his rude tone. I am fine with different points of view, but we can be civil. This is the main board I post on, as a matter of fact, so obviously I like people who have a different natural perspective than mine....

wasnt trying to attack ya jayhawk, i was just pointing out that it appears that you posted this particular article because it has the jayhawks winning the north. if that is not the case then thats my bad, i was just simply pointing out an observation....

Does not matter - NU's kinks will be worked out by then. Even if you beat us you still don't beat us, kansas will always be kansas same as ksu will always be ksu in 208 games against your state NEBRASKA has had 38 off (losses) days.

Ilove differences of opinion, the spice of life, but what an odd take this is. A couple points to address...

1) If we beat you, we beat you. Who won 30 years ago doesn't get added to the score post mortem. It is not like you do not know what is coming up at this point.

2) KSU is a different school. Sorry that confuses you...

3) Combining records against different schools does not help make your point. What happens in Manhattan is not so relevant to what is happening in Lawrence. The same can be said for most states (California, Texas, Michigan, Oklahoma, Alabama, Florida, etc) , so does having only one major football prgram somehow cause you math issues?

So now that I have cleared those points up, good luck to you too buddy. Stay classy.

ku & ksu are the same to NEBRASKA - your a speed bump we hit every know and then - For ku football started 3 years ago and they're all pumping there chest. Teams that have no history and tradition will never understand what happens 30 years ago is still relevant to today.

:wacko::wtf

Don't get too worked up. South Bay is formerly known as Chad 1971 who had similar posts and idiotic rants. Check the woodshed or his Classy fans topic. He'll go away soon.

WHAAAAAAAA! some jerkoff doesn't like me - Where am I going so I can pack.

All he's saying is that you don't need to be so rude to fans of other teams who visits this site-which I whole-heartedly agree with.

Now, if said opposing fan is clearly being a jerk, trolling and/or poking the hornets nest then fine, fire away.

But, from what Ive been able to gather thus far, the fans from other teams on this site, for the most part, seem to be very level headed.

I didn't know that when you state facts that it was being rude. These other teams in the north have got a few wins since 2001 and they act like they've beat us for 50 years. No matter what these visiting fans think - ku, ksu ,isu, cu, mu will never be the PROGRAM Nebraska is. I'm so sorry if these people didn't get the ball thrown to them when they were in grade school and they're still sensitive about it but jeez christ quit your crying!!!

i actually agree with southbay on this one for the most part. i do not think that the KU game is going to be all that close next year.

as has been mentioned, they are basically breaking in a whole new offenses line and their defensive line is just not good.

Where do you win the game of football? IN THE TRENCHES! you could have barry sanders, randy moss, and dan marino in the backfield but it wouldnt matter if you had a bunch of rookies lining up in front of them....

i also think that Jayhawk was coming on here to stir the pot a bit (which isnt always a bad thing) because he certainly hasnt been on here posting the sites that have been picking the skers first, and all of a sudden he jumps on to say that the KANSAS city star picked the KANSAS jayhawks to finish first place in the big 12 north! just IMO.

Yeah, I just popped on. You never see me on here. Just joined and only post after a KU win or a Husker loss...

Regardless of if you agree with me, and this site would not exist if everyone agreed, I was more taking umbrage with his rude tone. I am fine with different points of view, but we can be civil. This is the main board I post on, as a matter of fact, so obviously I like people who have a different natural perspective than mine....

wasnt trying to attack ya jayhawk, i was just pointing out that it appears that you posted this particular article because it has the jayhawks winning the north. if that is not the case then thats my bad, i was just simply pointing out an observation....

Yeah, what Jen said guys. :cop:

Come on, it's not like this is netbuffs.com. That website is like a cesspool of hate and filth for everyone. :wacko:

Yeah that site is pretty bad, I still think the MUtigers board that is linked off of here is the worst. They eat their own over there.

Yes they are local but last year they were in love with Mizzou. They had them going to the Championship game. I completely agree with you on 2 and 3.

Hmmm, I don't really remember how that turned out last year...

Well, back on subject. I can say that the Kansas o-line has to get better next year; not only to give Reesing some time to throw, but to booster their running game. They got some work to do in that area, but have plenty of time to do it.

The good thing about the KU game is that it takes place late in the year. Our QB will have plenty of game experience and will have been in ALOT "harsher" conditions than Lawrence.

Yes they are local but last year they were in love with Mizzou. They had them going to the Championship game. I completely agree with you on 2 and 3.

Hmmm, I don't really remember how that turned out last year...

Well, back on subject. I can say that the Kansas o-line has to get better next year; not only to give Reesing some time to throw, but to booster their running game. They got some work to do in that area, but have plenty of time to do it.

The good thing about the KU game is that it takes place late in the year. Our QB will have plenty of game experience and will have been in ALOT "harsher" conditions than Lawrence.

I agree.

No disrespect to Kansas, but their stadium isn't very hostile at all. I'm definitely not saying that ours has been hostile over the last few years either, but by the time we play Kansas we'll have already been to Blacksburg and Columbia. If we come out of Blacksburg with a win, I think we go undefeated in the North.

No wonder newspapers are dying. Reads like he looked at last year's final standings and then just threw it all back up there based on that.

Using his line of reasoning, I would have to give the pre-season/way to early prediction to Kansas too...especially if I just based most of my decision on who had the best returning "name" players. Too bad that seems to be as far as this guy takes it.

Now, if I were going to base my decision on REAL football knowledge and insight, the choice to win the North is obviously...Iowa State, followed by they rest of you losers <_<

Some how I knew that second line was coming.

...and you're going to be hearing it every year...year after year after year...until it finally happens, after which you won't hear it again because I'll have died of a heart attack.

If that doesn't entice any of you to jump on the ISU bandwagon and start cheering for the Clones then I don't know what will.... <_<

Some how I knew that second line was coming.

...and you're going to be hearing it every year...year after year after year...until it finally happens, after which you won't hear it again because I'll have died of a heart attack.

If that doesn't entice any of you to jump on the ISU bandwagon and start cheering for the Clones then I don't know what will.... <_<

You sure death from old age might not come first? :LOLtartar

Why dont u huskerfans ever travel to other teams homefields like u used to. I remember back in the day, our stadium was filled with Big Red fans (95 season? dont remember exactly which season) THat sucked heh

As for Iowa State....they gave me a scare last year. But they cant win on the road, unless their new head coach can light a fire under the teams arse.

grr still 4 months till football season

Disagree. If Mangino stays at Lawrence he could give KU the tradition in football that many KU fans want. Whether one likes him or not, he has done a good job at KU.

The question should be, what's the over/under on Mangino making thru this year without keeling over? I sure wish KU would "help" him lose some weight. I mean, come on, get a gastric bypass already!! I hate going to Kansas/NU games now because I am scared to death the game will have to be stopped/canceled half way thru because Mangino will fall over and die on the field. He really needs an intervention before something bad happens. It's bad enough the guy will die, but then to make things worse he will probably fall on someone else when it happens cutting their life short too.

Why dont u huskerfans ever travel to other teams homefields like u used to. I remember back in the day, our stadium was filled with Big Red fans (95 season? dont remember exactly which season) THat sucked heh

As for Iowa State....they gave me a scare last year. But they cant win on the road, unless their new head coach can light a fire under the teams arse.

grr still 4 months till football season

I think that has a lot to do with the economy, tbh. It hasn't been great in recent years, money has been getting tight, and traveling to other stadiums has become expensive. Also, I think it has a lot to do with how we are playing. People wanted to go to all the games in '95 because we were pretty much favored in all of them except for the Fiesta Bowl, now we don't quite have that swagger and ability to win on any given Saturday.

But, we still travel well as a whole. We traveled very well to the Gator Bowl and matched Clemson fan numbers practically, and considering we were halfway across the country and Clemson is pretty close, that's saying something in my book.

Not a negative, but Kansas folk are actually buying the tickets and we can not get them as easily as we once did.

You guys have a lot to be proud of. It will be a great game. I would love to see it.

Nothing wrong with supporting your team. And I am with you 100%. What we did 30, 20 10, 5 or last year have nothing to do with what will happen in this game. It might help in recruiting, but very little on the field. You have every bit as good of record as we have in the last few years. No reason the kids won't believe they can win.