Former Husker Travis Gingery arrested

I still think it is funny that people around here make fun of them for that picture. We all know that none of us ever did anything goofy when we were 18-21 years old. <_< Some would say adults spending so much time posting on a message board is just as lame. :ahhhhhhhh GLASS HOUSES!

People make fun of it, because they were part of the worst team in Husker history. If it had been Peter,Wistrom and Tomich, people would have laughed with them. Of course those guys actually looked like football players, not like real drag queens like those skinny f**s( no homophobic)

If you have to say "no homophobic" then it certainly is.

Its like starting a sentence with "I'm not a rascist but....." Anything that follows that open is rascist as is the person saying it.

Like I said some would say that people that sit around for hours on Internet Message Boards are way dorkier then a group of college kids dressing up like volleyball players for a Halloween party. <_<

Especially one that obsesses over the behavior of 18-22 year old men who wear tight pants and roll around on the grass with each other for sport.

How do we know that this picture was taken the night of the loss to Texas in 2006? Gingery wasn’t even on the team in 2006, was he even in school then?

When I was in college, I had more roommates that weren't attending college then were. Just saying that whether Gingery was in school then has nothing to do with when he was lived with those guys, or attended their parties.

How do we know that this picture was taken the night of the loss to Texas in 2006? Gingery wasn’t even on the team in 2006, was he even in school then? Also Mike Golic has brought up this point before FANS TAKE LOSSES HARDER THEN PLAYERS. So to think just because random Husker fans were at home crying and beating their spouses or dogs that doesn’t mean that the players have to sit around in the dark and pout about it.

Like I said some would say that people that sit around for hours on Internet Message Boards are way dorkier then a group of college kids dressing up like volleyball players for a Halloween party. <_<

At the end of the day all of the people on here that say mean things about the players or talk tough would cream in their trousers if they met them face to face. But there are those people on here that were the same jokers that were cursing out Cosgrove’s family and the players when things went bad (that is done because those people are really unhappy people and have a lot of hate in their hearts).

“I can post what I want to because I am at home on my computer and there are no consequences for my actions because it is on the internet and I can be anybody I want to be when I post on the internet.” :nanalama

I could say that I am a former player that played with all 5 of those guys and the truth of the matter is only 3 people on this board know 100% whether or not that is true. :moreinteresting

Now if you’ll excuse me I have to go back to saving the world or was it flipping burgers or was it manufacturing a quality product or was it getting ready for mini-camp or was trying to figure what Warlord I want to play to defeat the Ogre that is sitting in front of me during this awesome Magic the Gathering game. What does it matter I can be anyone I want to be when I’m online. :dunno:boxosoap

Everyone needs to start taking it easy on guys that are playing football for the U. They are still college students and will have some fun. O.K., they lost a game and are out that night letting loose. sh#t, I did that all the time after a loss. You can't just sit around and beat yourself up all night. Get a few close friends, go out, have a few brews and relax. No college kid deserves the pressure these guys get put on them. I know some of you want to live your lives vicariously thru them, but don't, live yours and let them live theirs.

I know at least 10 guys that have played for the huskers, mostly around my age, and I have never looked at them or any of the other football players I met thru them as anything as than just very talented people. Whether pros or college, they are people. Don't hold them up to king status. Be happy with your own life and what you have. Please just quit holding these athletes up as Gods, they are just people like you and me, but some may have more money than us, or have gotten a better break with a full-ride than us because they are talented. That's it, they are people, they have feelings, they'll make mistakes, and just because they play a game doesn't give us the right to judge them as people.

How do we know that this picture was taken the night of the loss to Texas in 2006? Gingery wasn’t even on the team in 2006, was he even in school then? Also Mike Golic has brought up this point before FANS TAKE LOSSES HARDER THEN PLAYERS. So to think just because random Husker fans were at home crying and beating their spouses or dogs that doesn’t mean that the players have to sit around in the dark and pout about it.

At the end of the day all of the people on here that say mean things about the players or talk tough would cream in their trousers if they met them face to face. But there are those people on here that were the same jokers that were cursing out Cosgrove’s family and the players when things went bad (that is done because those people are really unhappy people and have a lot of hate in their hearts).

“I can post what I want to because I am at home on my computer and there are no consequences for my actions because it is on the internet and I can be anybody I want to be when I post on the internet.” :nanalama

I could say that I am a former player that played with all 5 of those guys and the truth of the matter is only 3 people on this board know 100% whether or not that is true. :moreinteresting

Now if you’ll excuse me I have to go back to saving the world or was it flipping burgers or was it manufacturing a quality product or was it getting ready for mini-camp or was trying to figure what Warlord I want to play to defeat the Ogre that is sitting in front of me during this awesome Magic the Gathering game. What does it matter I can be anyone I want to be when I’m online. :dunno:boxosoap

Everyone needs to start taking it easy on guys that are playing football for the U. They are still college students and will have some fun. O.K., they lost a game and are out that night letting loose. sh#t, I did that all the time after a loss. You can't just sit around and beat yourself up all night. Get a few close friends, go out, have a few brews and relax. No college kid deserves the pressure these guys get put on them. I know some of you want to live your lives vicariously thru them, but don't, live yours and let them live theirs.

I know at least 10 guys that have played for the huskers, mostly around my age, and I have never looked at them or any of the other football players I met thru them as anything as than just very talented people. Whether pros or college, they are people. Don't hold them up to king status. Be happy with your own life and what you have. Please just quit holding these athletes up as Gods, they are just people like you and me, but some may have more money than us, or have gotten a better break with a full-ride than us because they are talented. That's it, they are people, they have feelings, they'll make mistakes, and just because they play a game doesn't give us the right to judge them as people.

hell looking back on highschool i should have knocked his head off when given the chance. i will make fun of ging because he deserves it he was a goramn idiot and deserves to be called out on it. i'll tell his father and sister and cousin what i think of him and if i see him i'll tell him he deserves what's coming.

hell looking back on highschool i should have knocked his head off when given the chance. i will make fun of ging because he deserves it he was a goramn idiot and deserves to be called out on it. i'll tell his father and sister and cousin what i think of him and if i see him i'll tell him he deserves what's coming.

Interesting to say the least. <_<:wacko::moreinteresting:ahhhhhhhh:facepalm::ph34r::frenchy

I wasn't including Gingery in the discussion per se because he has shown to be of low character more than once. I was just saying in general about MOST of these athletes.

• 4 weeks later...

The picture was taken after the Missouri game in 2004. None of those played then (and some of them never did) and gingery wasnt on the team anymore, he was kicked off sometime during spring ball before that season. PLUS this is not gingerys first charge in theft, so he will be going to jail for some time.