ATH Curtis Carter

Here's my take on this. Would have loved to have CC but if he doesn't see himself fitting here, then let him go and get someone that does fit here.

The deal is that I am at the point where I want persons that can see themselves winning with us and what we are doing. If we align everything into a team focus and winning, then the rest is gravy, the accolades will come, and so will getting a shot at the next stage. We just need to win. You win here and you are legend. That is not the case at MU and KU. Yes, we eventually need to get playmakers like we all believe CC can be so that hurts in that if we don't get the playmakers we still will have limits on potential. I am looking for players that put winning first and know everything else follows. Tebow knows this. We have guys that know this. I think Burkhead is a guy who knows this. CC? Not so sure. Is he putting emphasis with MU because he really thinks they are going to compete for the big time...or does he see MU or TCU as stop to get to next level? Been there, done that...how is that workin' for ya? On one hand I am not criticizing the guy for believing we didn't align with what he wanted to do (so be it and go find the school where you fit)...but I would not really be surprised if he is putting self-interest above all (instead off committing to a program that he knows he can help to win).

Play to win and it all comes together. We have the luxury now of finding top guys that will get this on the defensive side of the ball. You really think Pelini is going to be too interested in guys that want to come now based on self-interest to get to next level? Sure, there will be some incredible talent that he will take because he believes he will mold them to the team focus. What we really need is those breakthrough guys that can commit to the offense because they know they can contribute to win. I see Burkhead as one of those guys, OT Moore in next year's class, we shall see with Aaron Green also. CC? Not so sure this guy ever had it.

For what it's worth, I think I pegged this guy pretty much right. Husker Journal:

DECEMBER 9 2009. MESSAGE BOARDS

CURTIS CARTER, ATH, 5-10, 170, 4.4, STONEWALL (NORTH DE SOTO), LOUISIANA

Carter De-Commits

“The more I think about it (NU Commitment) distance bothers me. At first when I first visited Nebraska was fine as time went by it was reality that I will be far away from home with my family. That was kind of a big deal to me.” Carter said

“Nebraska now kind of runs the ball a lot they recruited me as a slot receiver. Also it’s a comfort thing I only took one trip I don’t have it (NU Visit) to compare it with.” Carter said

Show Me Now

“Nebraska’s offense kind of bothers me a little bit.” Carter said, “I talked it over with Coach J P (Papuchis) my recruiting coach. He understood where I was coming from. I’m still committed but I have second thoughts. Coach Gilmore, I sat down with him on my recruiting visit how they would use me but I would like to see it first hand, like now.”

Missouri Visit

“I’m going to Missouri on Friday,” Carter said, “That’s a big recruiting day they are going to have a lot of guys there. I’ve haven’t set anything official yet with TCU but I’m going to talk with the coaches.” Carter said

‘Missouri chucks the ball around man if you want to play receiver that’s the school to go too. Like I say they (Missouri) spread out the ball a lot, a lot of different guys, different formations. I have early playing time coming in at Missouri and the staff is great.” Carter said

“I hear from Coach Odom (Missouri) a lot even when I committed to Nebraska we still talked and stuff like that.” Carter added

TCU In The Running

“TCU attracts me it’s close to home only three and a half hours away. TCU is good they are good. The receiver coach (Burns) is a real nice guy he’s been on me since day one.” Carter said

Carter said he is only looking at Nebraska, Missouri and TCU as his college choices

Now all you guys thinking the sky is falling and all hope is lost can calm down A TINY BIT. Carter says he's still considering us, so their is a slight chance that we may still see him don the Scarlet and Cream, for those of you that insist we need him. Personally, I'm at the point where if he comes, cool, I'm sure we'll find a way to use his speed. If not, it isn't a huge loss and we'll just have to show him what he passed up the next couple years.

I have to admit I was pretty pissed that he decommitted but with the developments with Heard and the committments from David and Hardrick the recruiting class is still looking very athletic and full of playmakers. Most of them are on the defensive side at this point but if we can add Hill, Heard and Tejay Johnson along with Harper, Hardrick, A-Rod and Moudy all committed I think we will be pretty damn powerful.

Here's my take on this. Would have loved to have CC but if he doesn't see himself fitting here, then let him go and get someone that does fit here.

The deal is that I am at the point where I want persons that can see themselves winning with us and what we are doing. If we align everything into a team focus and winning, then the rest is gravy, the accolades will come, and so will getting a shot at the next stage. We just need to win. You win here and you are legend. That is not the case at MU and KU. Yes, we eventually need to get playmakers like we all believe CC can be so that hurts in that if we don't get the playmakers we still will have limits on potential. I am looking for players that put winning first and know everything else follows. Tebow knows this. We have guys that know this. I think Burkhead is a guy who knows this. CC? Not so sure. Is he putting emphasis with MU because he really thinks they are going to compete for the big time...or does he see MU or TCU as stop to get to next level? Been there, done that...how is that workin' for ya? On one hand I am not criticizing the guy for believing we didn't align with what he wanted to do (so be it and go find the school where you fit)...but I would not really be surprised if he is putting self-interest above all (instead off committing to a program that he knows he can help to win).

Play to win and it all comes together. We have the luxury now of finding top guys that will get this on the defensive side of the ball. You really think Pelini is going to be too interested in guys that want to come now based on self-interest to get to next level? Sure, there will be some incredible talent that he will take because he believes he will mold them to the team focus. What we really need is those breakthrough guys that can commit to the offense because they know they can contribute to win. I see Burkhead as one of those guys, OT Moore in next year's class, we shall see with Aaron Green also. CC? Not so sure this guy ever had it.

For what it's worth, I think I pegged this guy pretty much right. Husker Journal:

DECEMBER 9 2009. MESSAGE BOARDS

CURTIS CARTER, ATH, 5-10, 170, 4.4, STONEWALL (NORTH DE SOTO), LOUISIANA

Carter De-Commits

“The more I think about it (NU Commitment) distance bothers me. At first when I first visited Nebraska was fine as time went by it was reality that I will be far away from home with my family. That was kind of a big deal to me.” Carter said

“Nebraska now kind of runs the ball a lot they recruited me as a slot receiver. Also it’s a comfort thing I only took one trip I don’t have it (NU Visit) to compare it with.” Carter said

Show Me Now

“Nebraska’s offense kind of bothers me a little bit.” Carter said, “I talked it over with Coach J P (Papuchis) my recruiting coach. He understood where I was coming from. I’m still committed but I have second thoughts. Coach Gilmore, I sat down with him on my recruiting visit how they would use me but I would like to see it first hand, like now.”

Missouri Visit

“I’m going to Missouri on Friday,” Carter said, “That’s a big recruiting day they are going to have a lot of guys there. I’ve haven’t set anything official yet with TCU but I’m going to talk with the coaches.” Carter said

‘Missouri chucks the ball around man if you want to play receiver that’s the school to go too. Like I say they (Missouri) spread out the ball a lot, a lot of different guys, different formations. I have early playing time coming in at Missouri and the staff is great.” Carter said

“I hear from Coach Odom (Missouri) a lot even when I committed to Nebraska we still talked and stuff like that.” Carter added

TCU In The Running

“TCU attracts me it’s close to home only three and a half hours away. TCU is good they are good. The receiver coach (Burns) is a real nice guy he’s been on me since day one.” Carter said

Carter said he is only looking at Nebraska, Missouri and TCU as his college choices

Now all you guys thinking the sky is falling and all hope is lost can calm down A TINY BIT. Carter says he's still considering us, so their is a slight chance that we may still see him don the Scarlet and Cream, for those of you that insist we need him. Personally, I'm at the point where if he comes, cool, I'm sure we'll find a way to use his speed. If not, it isn't a huge loss and we'll just have to show him what he passed up the next couple years.

highly doubt it. id say its down to TCU and Mizzou.. mainly mizzou. with gabbert. If you look @ Gabbert's facebook page and read through all the comments and go through all that stuff, why would he wanna come back? And Carter has read it all because he commented on somethin that blaine posted. with the way some of the effing retards acted there, we have no chance.

Curtis hanging with All American Danario Alexander. He'll be seeing you boys next year on the field. :)

http://twitpic.com/t5539

Tell him to get some pointers from DA on how to get his offense to score 10 points on the blackshirts. :)

Edit: actually it should be 3 points. (2 points on the safety goes to special teams, 3 point field goal I guess we'll give to your offense, and Gabbert still hasn't crossed the goal line.)

I saw a rivals headline that said "Missouri leaves Carter 'in awe.' "

I literally LOL'd outta my seat when I read that. What part left you in awe, buddy? The extra prolific offense that hung all of 10 points on NU (and dropped 7 on TU ((Less than us!)), and lost to Baylor), or that stellar D on the other side of the ball? Or perhaps it was the undying fan support for the number one... umm, number 2 team in the North... :P

I saw a rivals headline that said "Missouri leaves Carter 'in awe.' "

I literally LOL'd outta my seat when I read that. What part left you in awe, buddy? The extra prolific offense that hung all of 10 points on NU (and dropped 7 on TU ((Less than us!)), and lost to Baylor), or that stellar D on the other side of the ball? Or perhaps it was the undying fan support for the number one... umm, number 2 team in the North... :P

Maybe he's just in awe because they still throw the ball? Seems an odd choice of words to me as well. Hard to see what is awe inspiring about Missouri.

I guess while on his visit to MU, he was talking on Weatherspoon's webam and talking on myspace (or some social networking site like that).

Spent a good amoutn of time saying NU sucks, all we do is run, he hates our offense, Aaron Green won't be signing with us, all of our recruits are going to decommit... because we suck.

I get the feeling our coaches did something that really pissed him off.

Like I've said in another thread. Attitude is key to success. If you possess the right attitude in wanting to get the job done for your team, regardless of your own star status, then things should work out.

On the other hand, if you possess a diva attitude where it's all about you, then the risk is greater than the reward.

While I'm not necessarily applying the above example to Carter & Gabbert per se, but more generally speaking about any and all up-and-comers. A good attitude will take you further than skills alone. Let Terrell Owens be an example of what NOT to do. Great skills, but horrendous attitude.