ATH Curtis Carter

Actually, after hearing his statement, it's hard to argue with the points he makes. If I wasn't a Husker fan and had a son with his skill set, I don't think I'd be advising him to go play for Watson for the next four years, especially when Missouri coaches are telling you they'll make you the next Jeremy Maclin.

Carter's words:

Paid content...basically says Gilmore gave him an ultimatum, go to TCU and Mizzou, and you're done

If Gilmore is still talking to him, then he's still here next year most likely.

This is what we'll be saying next fall

F10INRdCWtk

Gilmore should not be giving anyone ultimatums the way the WRs have played this year.

Exactly, instead of bowing up on the kid why didn't he explain the staffs desire to continue to use the spread/west coast offense in the future??

And Carter's remark about the current qb's without mentioning the future of Gabbert coming in makes me nervous that we will see another QB decommit shortly. Because I believe the two have been communicating.

Isn't it carter who sat down with the coaches and saw how they would use him in this offense? If so then we either told him that yes we are indeed going more to a power based offense or Gilmore is just flat out an idiot and didn't tell him the right thing. If they still get to have an in home visit with him then I would hope they get some film of earlier in the year or last year to show him what our offense looks like with the right qb. Also his comments about the qb didnt add up. He knows that Gabbert is coming in the same class with him so why would it matter if Lee, who's a senior next year, is having issues. Even if he plays next year he'll only have one year with sh#t for qb. If Green doesn't pan out then we still have Gabbert coming in with him. Also what does it matter if Mizzou has a good qb this year he'll probably only play with him for one year then he's in the same boat he is in with NU..he know's nothing about their qb bc he hasnt seen him play a lot. Hopefully Gabbert will get on the horn and convince him to come back. That is if Gabbert himself isn't going to Mizzou along with him.

I wonder, what he would be saying if the Huskers kept trying to pass the ball and finished winning 5 or 6 games. I bet he would be saying that he wants to go play for a winner instead.

When you decommit, it usually has to do with the coaches being canned or wanting to be closer to home or realizing that you never really wanted to be there in the first place. This kid has played sports for a long time, he is not dumb enough to think that a school would waste a scholly on a kid they didnt intend to use.

He is giving NU the "Its not you, its me" break up speech. "I am not a big 6'3 WR...and I dont fit what you are trying to do..."

Kids leave because they like something better and then they have a hard time admitting that so they rationalize it a different way. I think its fine, he should go where he really wants to be, college is a big choice, up until now in his life it is probably his biggest choice ever.

As far as I can see it, this was the best thing for both sides.

Carter is right in saying he is a slot receiver, he is not going to be a #1 or #2 guy in an offense like ours. He'd be a waste talent.

And if he did commit, it would only further drag us into being the offense all Nebraska fans are tired of seeing.

It would have been nice, but its good to let him go.

P.S. It also gives us one more scholly to give.

Gilmore should not be giving anyone ultimatums the way the WRs have played this year.

And Carter's remark about the current qb's without mentioning the future of Gabbert coming in makes me nervous that we will see another QB decommit shortly. Because I believe the two have been communicating.

:yeahchuckleshuffle

Silver lining: maybe this puts us in better shape for landing Austin Hill. Also, if Gabbert follows Carter to Mizzou (which I think is a real possibility), then this would be the perfect timing to change offensive coordinators since we wouldn't risk losing any major offensive recruits anyway.

Glass is always half full, gentlemen - except for when it's empty.

Silver lining: maybe this puts us in better shape for landing Austin Hill. Also, if Gabbert follows Carter to Mizzou (which I think is a real possibility), then this would be the perfect timing to change offensive coordinators since we wouldn't risk losing any major offensive recruits anyway.

Not going to happen, Watson will be back, with the rest of the bunch IMO.

Not going to happen, Watson will be back, with the rest of the bunch IMO.

I agree. I'm just desperate for hope right now. :facepalm: