ATH Curtis Carter

Part of me has the feelings that Bo has stated several times and that is if you're not on the NU train then we'll move on without ya. Look at Gabbert, Rippy, Mohler, Givens, Hoch, we are in the Big 12 Championship game with a lot of talent coming back next year and they are either not even going to a bowl or going to a much less prestigous bowl. On the other hand, this guy is a complete game changer. A lot of recruiting analysts have compared him to a Percy Harvin type player. We could put him in the wildcat and do quite a bit of damage IMO. He could also spark our kick and punt return units a little more than we have now.

Add into the fact that he plays QB, he could be used as a Wildcat QB, though the same could be said about Burkhead who played QB during his Sophomore year in High School. That's something I'd like to see against Texas, the HB pass that worked so well when Lucky would throw it. Add to the fact that we haven't used it all year and it has the potential to be a big gainer.

Hmmm... I think there is some negative recruiting probably going on out there as well. What we did on offense this year is a reflection of the personnel that we have in place. Hopefully CC realizes that if he comes in and does his thing, the coaches will find a way to get him the ball.

We haven't had this type of guy before, so we can't point to results when selling to this type of recruit... once we do we will use that angle. (see Suh)

Lets just hope CC is 'that guy' for us.

Hmmm... I think there is some negative recruiting probably going on out there as well.

***snip***

That's the first thing I thought too. I can see MU and others saying "Why go to Nebraska? They don't even throw the ball."

I will admit . . . the whole recruiting process leaves me feeling uncomfortable. I have a feeling it's a lot more dirty than we know.

Hmmm... I think there is some negative recruiting probably going on out there as well.

***snip***

That's the first thing I thought too. I can see MU and others saying "Why go to Nebraska? They don't even throw the ball."

I will admit . . . the whole recruiting process leaves me feeling uncomfortable. I have a feeling it's a lot more dirty than we know.

It is WAYYYYY dirtier then you know and it should be and it has to be.

***snip***

How exactly do you know and why should it be?

***snip***

Sounds like teacher is a HS coach from what I've read of his posts.

Not surprised. we hardly pass anyway. why would we do any different in years to come? at least, until the QB gets better

Because it is not the QB? Maybe it is the fault that we have horrid WRs with bad hands and who run bad routes consistently.

I can see a WR not wanting to come to Nebraska - but that would be at the feet of the WR coach who would teach him nothing in his time here, just as that coach has done for WRs his entire time here.

If anything, Curtis should want to come here because he would compete and VERY likely receive major reps from day 1. But this is what happens when you have 17 year olds who have emotions that can be swayed by some random recruiter.

--

On a side note, I just find it funny that Curtis figures out that he wants to stay close to home. Lincoln is the same distance from home that it was when you feel in love with the school for its persistence and consistent love fest it showed you.

Even more when this kid talks about wanting to be closer to home, yet Columbia is a 10 hour drive and 600 miles from home.

Someone .. err .. something, has gotten into this kids head. Coaches need to sort it out, in a hurry and tell this kid to stop listening and believing the garbage he is.

***snip***

Sounds like teacher is a HS coach from what I've read of his posts.

Sorry, I did not mean to make it sound like I was some super insider, but I do coach and have for 10 years now in the state. I have been lucky enough to coach 4 D1 guys.

Recruiting is dirty, its not like they bring wads of cash or stuff like that, its just dirty though. It needs to be, getting those kids to your school is basically your life.

FWIW our boy is listed as a solid commit still on both sights, but they both have premium stories addressing his commitment status. Go figure... I have no idea what either article says.

Sounds like he is going to TCU and Mizzou in the next two weeks. I don't care what it says about "solid", when a kid says he is getting happy feet on his website and he's taking visits to two schools a lot more proficient in the use of the wide reciever than we are...he's not "solid". I just hope he goes to TCU if he decommits. Missouri has a QB unfortunately that can get him the ball and we don't need them having another playmaker.

We need to find some offense starting with a QB to get a kid like Carter. That "pound the rock" mentality that many have wanted us to use won't attract guys like C Carter. He's not about being a blocker for RBs most of the time. I think he leaves us and if so I hope it's to TCU. It will be interesting to see if T Gabbert hangs on if C Carter decoms.

We'd better hope for some offense tonight and a close game or a win. Otherwise this recruiting may have been better off if we'd not have won the North. If we lose big, I think we could lose them both. Here's hoping it's OUR TURN.