ATH Curtis Carter

I'm as big of a husker fan/recruiting fan as there is but I find it kinda, for lack of a better word, pathetic that people get on a teenagers myspace or facebook account. It's borderline stalking and if I were a recruit it would freak me the hell out.

Pretty sure that Bosnian is a teenager himself, makes much less weird IMO.

Less weird yes . . . less frowned upon . . . no. Use your head Bosnian. Don't post this stuff.

as a fellow high school football player it is less frowned upon. He's not talking to him for the sole purpose to get him to attend NU.. he is talking to him as a fellow football recruit.

Didn't Blaine Gabbert get on the phone and call up our recruits and get a few to switch to Missouri after he de-committed? If that's not a violation, then I think Bosnian Husker asking him how his visit went is going to be ok. People need to chill out.

I'm as big of a husker fan/recruiting fan as there is but I find it kinda, for lack of a better word, pathetic that people get on a teenagers myspace or facebook account. It's borderline stalking and if I were a recruit it would freak me the hell out.

Pretty sure that Bosnian is a teenager himself, makes much less weird IMO.

Less weird yes . . . less frowned upon . . . no. Use your head Bosnian. Don't post this stuff.

classic...... i think we'll be alright

:yeah for real yo

Remember the last team that got hit with violations and lost scholarships because one of their fans talked to a recruit? Remember how that wrecked their program? You don't want that to happen do you?

Oh wait a minute. That has never happened? Oh, well then carry on Bosnian. Talk to whoever you want. This is not a fascist state just yet.

B)-->

QUOTE(Husker B @ Nov 22 2009, 02:34 PM) 524529[/snapback]

Remember the last team that got hit with violations and lost scholarships because one of their fans talked to a recruit? Remember how that wrecked their program? You don't want that to happen do you?

Oh wait a minute. That has never happened? Oh, well then carry on Bosnian. Talk to whoever you want. This is not a fascist state just yet.

lmao.. really i thought this was ex yugoslavia we are livng in. boy was i wrong. oh well who cares lets drop it. i didnt tell cc i would pay him 100 of my burger king check every week(yes i work at bk but also play hs football) . its going to be ok. i think hes sold

• 2 weeks later...

This is why I mostly can't stand recruiting. Eighteen-year-old kids constantly backing out on their word. Nothing is guaranteed until February, and even then you don't know which guys will actually turn out to be any good. Not to mention you generally have to wait some 600 days before you actually start to see most of them making any real contribution.

Aahhhh!! Curtis man say it aint so. Don't fall into the one year wonder trap of TCU. When was the last time they played in a big time bowl? I think you'd probably have to go back to 2003. Patterson is an up and coming coach and you would be lucky if he were still there until your sophmore year. Mizzou? Are you kidding me? If you like playing in front of two sold out crowds per year compared to the last 300+ then that's your choice. Ya their wr's put up a lot of yards and if that is the only thing important to you then sure that's a good spot. However, if coaching, facilities, fan support, bowl prestige, pro style passing game, family atmosphere and tradition are higher on your list then NU is unmatched. You've obviously seen NU's offense so I hope you see that you could come in and play heavily from day one.

Aahhhh!! Curtis man say it aint so. Don't fall into the one year wonder trap of TCU. When was the last time they played in a big time bowl? I think you'd probably have to go back to 2003. Patterson is an up and coming coach and you would be lucky if he were still there until your sophmore year. Mizzou? Are you kidding me? If you like playing in front of two sold out crowds per year compared to the last 300+ then that's your choice. Ya their wr's put up a lot of yards and if that is the only thing important to you then sure that's a good spot. However, if coaching, facilities, fan support, bowl prestige, pro style passing game, family atmosphere and tradition are higher on your list then NU is unmatched. You've obviously seen NU's offense so I hope you see that you could come in and play heavily from day one.

TCU a one year wonder??? This will be their 6th top 25 finish in the last 8 seasons, all under Patterson. And if all goes well their third top 10 finish. Dont kid yourself. Just because the MW has bad bowl tie-ins.

And as for MU. Honestly look at it. Take of the red glasses. If you are a WR and had no ties to NE where whould you go?? A place that puts WR in the pros and gives you lots of opportunites to get the ball or NE. MU will have their 3rd straight WR drafted this spring and add in another 4 or 5 over the past 3 years that have gotten tryouts and camp invites.

And quit acting like MU is some scrub school. Its 66,000 a game, not like 20,000. Incase you hadnt noticed nearly every school in the big 12 has facilities that rival NE. Mizzou's are right on par with NE in that regard. You rattle off coaching and famility atmosphere, but MU has both of those. And a pretty good rep in regards to them both. You are obviously a fan of your team, and thats just fine. But obviously Nebraska isnt all that or you would lock up all the top recruits with ease...

But Curtis, whether he decides to stick with NU or go to Missouri, or another school for that matter is looking out for him. He wants what is best for his career. He is just a kid that wants the best fit. I'm sure he will do well where ever he goes. Would I like to have him at MU, yeah. But i wont fault him for picking another school.

TCU a one year wonder??? This will be their 6th top 25 finish in the last 8 seasons, all under Patterson. And if all goes well their third top 10 finish. Dont kid yourself. Just because the MW has bad bowl tie-ins.

And as for MU. Honestly look at it. Take of the red glasses. If you are a WR and had no ties to NE where whould you go?? A place that puts WR in the pros and gives you lots of opportunites to get the ball or NE. MU will have their 3rd straight WR drafted this spring and add in another 4 or 5 over the past 3 years that have gotten tryouts and camp invites.

And quit acting like MU is some scrub school. Its 66,000 a game, not like 20,000. Incase you hadnt noticed nearly every school in the big 12 has facilities that rival NE. Mizzou's are right on par with NE in that regard. You rattle off coaching and famility atmosphere, but MU has both of those. And a pretty good rep in regards to them both. You are obviously a fan of your team, and thats just fine. But obviously Nebraska isnt all that or you would lock up all the top recruits with ease...

But Curtis, whether he decides to stick with NU or go to Missouri, or another school for that matter is looking out for him. He wants what is best for his career. He is just a kid that wants the best fit. I'm sure he will do well where ever he goes. Would I like to have him at MU, yeah. But i wont fault him for picking another school.

SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont read into this at all. We were in on this kid WAY before anyone else. He is going to be a husker. I have full confidence that he will be. It is natural for 18 year old kids to feel uneasy about their decisions. His family is very supportive of him becoming a husker as his dad was decked out in NU gear for Curtis's unofficial for the K-State game. Dont worry about this. Papuchis will soon quiet all of this.

Pinkle is the new version of Bill Snyder. Will build a good program for Mizzou standards (which were not high when he came in) but from now on he will be 2nd rate in the North and never have you competing on a national level. That patty cake defense you guys call football in Mizzou will never get you anywhere.

If he wanted to go to a program that is going to slide BACK to irrelevance then sure MU is the place, but if he wanted to compete for Big 12 titles NU is the place

Fro:

I agree with you on both the TCU argument and with Missouri's recent history of putting receivers in the NFL. However, I don't think I can agree with you on your facilities comments. From everything I've seen in person, pictures, and videos, UNL clearly has the best football facilities in the North. Best stadium (size, video screens, etc. etc.), best weight room, best locker room, etc. Additionally, Nebraska seems to have some of the best academic support programs for athletes and is one of the few schools in the nation with a full time nutritionist. I could go on . . . but Missouri and Kansas both divide their attention and funding between football and basketball. For the most part Nebraska is all about football.