ATH Curtis Carter

For all you sensative types out there reading this.

Im not breaking a NCAA rule

asked CC if Nebraska was tight.

his response:

Nov 11, 2009 5:26 PM

fasho man! big n is where its at

I think we are sitting pretty good with him, and don't have to worry about Missouri stealing him. He said some more but i would be breaking an ncaa rule if i told yall. lol

bosnian you commited a violation. we have told you that before. you purposely seeked him out to ask that.

purposely? no. im playing high school football too and i wanted to talk to the guy to see what its like. dont accuse me now, because i didnt purposely talk to him to have people tell me im breaking a NCAA rule.

his response:

I think we are sitting pretty good with him, and don't have to worry about Missouri stealing him. He said some more but i would be breaking an ncaa rule if i told yall. lol

bosnian you commited a violation. we have told you that before. you purposely seeked him out to ask that.

purposely? no. im playing high school football too and i wanted to talk to the guy to see what its like. dont accuse me now, because i didnt purposely talk to him to have people tell me im breaking a NCAA rule.

Yeah relax. <_< Its not like he went to his house, gave him money, and bribed him to come to Nebraska. All he did was ask him how his visit was via myspace. Since he too plays high school football nothing is wrong with what he did.

his response:

Yeah relax. <_< Its not like he went to his house, gave him money, and bribed him to come to Nebraska. All he did was ask him how his visit was via myspace. Since he too plays high school football nothing is wrong with what he did.

thats what im saying man. i only dream about gettin recruited by nebraska, but im a shorter than a avg. lineman recruit.. and besides i like talking to recruits and even past players, last season i talked to matt slauson, pretty BA.. there good ppl. with words of advice you know

his response:

thats what im saying man. i only dream about gettin recruited by nebraska, but im a shorter than a avg. lineman recruit.. and besides i like talking to recruits and even past players, last season i talked to matt slauson, pretty BA.. there good ppl. with words of advice you know

Do us a favor and keep these things to yourself, stop posting them on the board. If you want to stalk players on myspace good for you, just stop posting it on the forum, would NU ever get in trouble for it? No. Is it technically against the rules? Yes.

Would NU ever get in trouble for it? No? I'm not so sure about that.

But if he's a fellow current HS football player, I don't see how that can be wrong. Someone with a better knowledge of the rules should speak up, but I imagine it's a much different situation. But I could be wrong.

his response:

Do us a favor and keep these things to yourself, stop posting them on the board. If you want to stalk players on myspace good for you, just stop posting it on the forum, would NU ever get in trouble for it? No. Is it technically against the rules? Yes.

im going to post whatever i think the other members will enjoy reading, if you on the other hand dont, then dont read whatever you see BosnianHusker77 posted. thank you..

Would NU ever get in trouble for it? No? I'm not so sure about that.

But if he's a fellow current HS football player, I don't see how that can be wrong. Someone with a better knowledge of the rules should speak up, but I imagine it's a much different situation. But I could be wrong.

It's only a secondary violation, if the NCAA decided to look into stuff.

Thing is though, it can get out of hand to the point where the NCAA has no choice but to involve themselves. Case in point is basketball recruit Patrick Patterson. Kentucky fans absolutely lit up his Myspace page telling him to come to Lexington. UK had to report the violation, but luckily did not get any harsh punishment.

If you do happen to talk to these recruits (which I don't recommend), do not go on a public message board blabbing about it for the world to see. Pat yourself on the back for your accomplishment and let that be it.

his response:

im going to post whatever i think the other members will enjoy reading, if you on the other hand dont, then dont read whatever you see BosnianHusker77 posted. thank you..

Please don't. Just because you other members want to hear it doesn't mean you should put the school at risk. Read Big Willie's post. Spot on . . . the school CAN get in trouble. I'm sorry if you are unable to understand that.

I'm as big of a husker fan/recruiting fan as there is but I find it kinda, for lack of a better word, pathetic that people get on a teenagers myspace or facebook account. It's borderline stalking and if I were a recruit it would freak me the hell out.

Pretty sure that Bosnian is a teenager himself, makes much less weird IMO.

I'm as big of a husker fan/recruiting fan as there is but I find it kinda, for lack of a better word, pathetic that people get on a teenagers myspace or facebook account. It's borderline stalking and if I were a recruit it would freak me the hell out.

Less weird yes . . . less frowned upon . . . no. Use your head Bosnian. Don't post this stuff.

Less weird yes . . . less frowned upon . . . no. Use your head Bosnian. Don't post this stuff.

classic...... i think we'll be alright

as a fellow high school football player it is less frowned upon. He's not talking to him for the sole purpose to get him to attend NU.. he is talking to him as a fellow football recruit.