ATH Curtis Carter

You can be rude and call something that is patently obvious "BS" if it makes you feel like a better man for doing so. Your opinion matters not a whit to me. I will simply agree to disagree with your take on the current situation and expect better recruiting in the future as the new coach and his staff grow.

You can be rude and call something that is patently obvious "BS" if it makes you feel like a better man for doing so. Your opinion matters not a whit to me. I will simply agree to disagree with your take on the current situation and expect better recruiting in the future as the new coach and his staff grow.

it is clear we do not share the same definition of "patently obvious".

believe (and post) whatever you want, but i do not enjoy seeing "fans" post baseless attacks on our coaching staff on public boards, particularly when they perpetuate negative recruiting themes used against our program.

A 4 star QB that everyone can agree seemed to "punk" us from the beginning. Mizzou could have had Keeston Terry and Carter if they wanted him and they turned both of them down and took Bud Sasser instead. That has to tell you how good both of these "4 star" WRs were. Enunwa is a better get than both Terry and Carter. I would have loved to have Carter, but in the end NU football will live without him.

RE: the bold line above, Fro is an MU fan and is an exception. His posts are always interesting, unlike Observer, who exists here to argue.

Yeah. You would think that since arguing is his sole purpose here that he would be better at it. Apparently, in his case, practice doesn't make perfect.

Did you notice how he will never address the things that I nail him with?

both carter and gabbart decided to go on other visits and decommitted because the offense didn't fit them, nothing tough about that, especially carter. he is not a big wr, slot guy and the prospect of being in a power o and primarily blocking didn't excite him, plus those cold winters for a LA dude. Kid decided to stay close to home like his momma wanted, nothing new there. kids change their minds, happens all the time. nothing to see here just move along. BTW claiming that a 3 star guy is much better than a 4 star burner? could happen but you know that doesn't make you happy, or losing a couple of guys desperately needed to help o go to rival teams? Not a good thing.

all this angst over these individuals is missing the bigger pt, why is NU not able to attract and more important keep great O skill players? last class and this where are the really good wr's? there arn't any, one smallish very quick rb when you want to play power football? Cody couldn't beat out a 3rd string juco guy which was amazing since he had incredible HS video, didn't do much when given an opportunity, tho as a true freshmen not surprising. NU really needed a couple of great qb's to come in and compete for the starting and backup jobs. Puzzling recruiting. loading up on solid d players is nice and neccessary but you have to have a solid O to compete against the south bullies.

as always proof is in performance. lots of potential but you won't know till they have been on campus a few years.

good luck in bowl game. should have success against az, pac teams are in a down cycle right now.

both carter and gabbart decided to go on other visits and decommitted because the offense didn't fit them, nothing tough about that, especially carter. he is not a big wr, slot guy and the prospect of being in a power o and primarily blocking didn't excite him, plus those cold winters for a LA dude. Kid decided to stay close to home like his momma wanted, nothing new there. kids change their minds, happens all the time. nothing to see here just move along. BTW claiming that a 3 star guy is much better than a 4 star burner? could happen but you know that doesn't make you happy, or losing a couple of guys desperately needed to help o go to rival teams? Not a good thing.

all this angst over these individuals is missing the bigger pt, why is NU not able to attract and more important keep great O skill players? last class and this where are the really good wr's? there arn't any, one smallish very quick rb when you want to play power football? Cody couldn't beat out a 3rd string juco guy which was amazing since he had incredible HS video, didn't do much when given an opportunity, tho as a true freshmen not surprising. NU really needed a couple of great qb's to come in and compete for the starting and backup jobs. Puzzling recruiting. loading up on solid d players is nice and neccessary but you have to have a solid O to compete against the south bullies.

as always proof is in performance. lots of potential but you won't know till they have been on campus a few years.

good luck in bowl game. should have success against az, pac teams are in a down cycle right now.

Fail, NU has to have a great offense to compete against the South? They beat OU and came within 1 second of beating Texas with one of the worst offenses in NU history. NU is very scholarship heavy on the offensive side of the ball, and needed to balance out or in 2 years the defense would have slumped. If the coaches were counting on this recruiting class to save the offense then they are screwed.

BTW claiming that a 3 star guy is much better than a 4 star burner? could happen but you know that doesn't make you happy, or losing a couple of guys desperately needed to help o go to rival teams? Not a good thing.

Take a look at Quincy's video. He also plays in that Inland Empire in Cali that college coaches always talk about. So he is playing great competition. Make the assesment yourself. Might I throw in the fact that Quincy is also ranked above Mizzou commit Bud Sasser for all of you star gazers. Might I also throw in the fact that Carter measured 5ft8 when he came up to Lincoln. 5ft8 160lbs in the BIG 12??? I dont think so. So I will say it again with full confidence that Enunwa is better than Carter. Sasser is as well. Mizzou could have had Carter but they chose Sasser instead meaning that they also thought Sasser was better than Carter. Mizzou could have had Terry too but they chose Sasser instead. They also thought Sasser was better than Terry. My point on that (I know it sounds like rumbling) is that Sasser is better than both Terry and Carter in the eyes of two Big 12 schools (NU, MU) and Quincy is bigger and faster than Sasser. Compare the films. Quincy is the better player.

By the way we only lost one to MU-Gabbert. NU cooled on Sasser after he came up here.

Puzzling recruiting? We have 8 scholarship WRs ( 3 juniors, 4 red-shirt/true FRESHMAN, one soph) that will all be back next year. Our goal was to bring in two WRs this year. Enunwa and Evans. That is two. We still arent done as we have a good chance at getting Kenny Bell. I'll give you that we could have used a QB to add depth there but you know how the Gabbert situation worked out. We dont need to remind you.

As for a QB. We are in on a great one for next year's class-Jamal Turner. Do your homework on him. As a junior he went 2000 and 2000 in the talent rich Dalles/Fort Worth Metroplex.

RB-Braylon Heard (2010) (rivals top 100)

Prospects at RB-(2011) Aaron Green (do your homework on that kid), Degan Reed

WR- (2010) Evans, Enunwa, MAYBE Bell

No 2011 WR targets that I know of at the current time being

OL- Moudy, Hardwich, Cotton(will end up on the OL), A-Rod (top 100 of his class)

2011 OL-Tyler Moore, Ryne Reeves,

2011 OL prospects: Derek Farniok, Christian Westermen, Jacob Welter

Dont tell me that NU cant recruit/keep offensive recruits.

Well Recruiter, not all Husker fans agree with EZE. Some of us though hopeful, don't claim that every player we get is underrated and every player that goes somewhere else is overrated or we "cooled" on them. We've had a problem attracting top offensive players this year except for Heard.

We obviously could have used some WRs in this class. You guys it looks like got some good ones and could have had two that we wanted badly. It was apparent that we wanted CC bad and just as apparent that we got tough with him about taking visits and he wasn't having any of it. Too bad, but that stuff happens. I am confident contrary to EZE's claims that we would love to have Sasser and CC over our two star WR.

I am personally good with Enunwa, and he has a 5.7 by Rivals, same as Sasser and,looks good. On the other hand I'm a little concerned that he had only one other offer, from Wash. State so it wasn't like teams were running all over themselves to get his services as EZE makes it sound. Sasser had more offers but Texas did not offer him, though TTech and of course we did as well. The only WR that either one of us got that attracted attention from top programs was Lucas and I sure wish he would have taken a visit to Lincoln. He had offers from Tenn and OU along with many others. Congratulations on keeping him in state. You did really well on the offensive side of the ball this year and any claims that we did better there are just silly. On the other hand you had a lot of work to do on defense. Time will tell if we get the players to improve our offense or if you get those to improve your defense.

As to EZ-E's claims for our 2011 class, we certainly hope to get some of those athletes in Lincoln. But this far out everybody is hopeful of the next class. Let's get this class in the books, hope we fill some needs. There's a whole lot of water to go under the bridge before Feb 2011 class goes in the book. We've bragged about several this year that were already committed that didn't work out. We would probably be better off bragging on the 2011 class being much better than Misery's --after signing date in 2011. But some fans of all teams just can't stand not having the better player every time so we make the recruits either great or over-rated depending on where they go. I think those fans come from Lake Wobegone, where all the children are above average. :)

Good luck in your bowl Recruter.

Well Recruiter, not all Husker fans agree with EZE.

I agree with him.

Some of us though hopeful, don't claim that every player we get is underrated and every player that goes somewhere else is overrated or we "cooled" on them.

I missed the part where he said that, or other Husker fans used the word "every".

We've had a problem attracting top offensive players this year except for Heard.

We obviously could have used some WRs in this class. You guys it looks like got some good ones and could have had two that we wanted badly. It was apparent that we wanted CC bad and just as apparent that we got tough with him about taking visits and he wasn't having any of it. Too bad, but that stuff happens. I am confident contrary to EZE's claims that we would love to have Sasser (yes) and CC over our two star WR. (no)

I am personally good with Enunwa, and he has a 5.7 by Rivals, same as Sasser and,looks good. On the other hand I'm a little concerned that he had only one other offer, from Wash. State so it wasn't like teams were running all over themselves to get his services as EZE makes it sound. We got in on him early, he committed to us early, other teams stopped calling. Sasser had more offers but Texas did not offer him, though TTech and of course we did as well. The only WR that either one of us got that attracted attention from top programs was Lucas and I sure wish he would have taken a visit to Lincoln. He had offers from Tenn and OU along with many others. Congratulations on keeping him in state. You did really well on the offensive side of the ball this year and any claims that we did better there are just silly. Defensively, no question we beat MU like a rented mule in recruiting; offensively, I guess I missed the claims by NU fans that we beat MU. On the other hand you had a lot of work to do on defense. Time will tell if we get the players to improve our offense or if you get those to improve your defense.

As to EZ-E's claims for our 2011 class, we certainly hope to get some of those athletes in Lincoln. But this far out everybody is hopeful of the next class. Let's get this class in the books, hope we fill some needs. There's a whole lot of water to go under the bridge before Feb 2011 class goes in the book. We've bragged about several this year that were already committed that didn't work out. We would probably be better off bragging on the 2011 class being much better than Misery's --after signing date in 2011. But some fans of all teams just can't stand not having the better player every time so we make the recruits either great or over-rated depending on where they go. I think those fans come from Lake Wobegone, where all the children are above average. :)

Well Recruiter, not all Husker fans agree with EZE. Some of us though hopeful, don't claim that every player we get is underrated and every player that goes somewhere else is overrated or we "cooled" on them. We've had a problem attracting top offensive players this year except for Heard.

We obviously could have used some WRs in this class. You guys it looks like got some good ones and could have had two that we wanted badly. It was apparent that we wanted CC bad and just as apparent that we got tough with him about taking visits and he wasn't having any of it. Too bad, but that stuff happens. I am confident contrary to EZE's claims that we would love to have Sasser and CC over our two star WR.

I am personally good with Enunwa, and he has a 5.7 by Rivals, same as Sasser and,looks good. On the other hand I'm a little concerned that he had only one other offer, from Wash. State so it wasn't like teams were running all over themselves to get his services as EZE makes it sound. Sasser had more offers but Texas did not offer him, though TTech and of course we did as well. The only WR that either one of us got that attracted attention from top programs was Lucas and I sure wish he would have taken a visit to Lincoln. He had offers from Tenn and OU along with many others. Congratulations on keeping him in state. You did really well on the offensive side of the ball this year and any claims that we did better there are just silly. On the other hand you had a lot of work to do on defense. Time will tell if we get the players to improve our offense or if you get those to improve your defense.

Everytime I read one of your posts it reminds me of the good old days on the bigredboard.

I am personally good with Enunwa, and he has a 5.7 by Rivals, same as Sasser and,looks good. On the other hand I'm a little concerned that he had only one other offer, from Wash. State so it wasn't like teams were running all over themselves to get his services as EZE makes it sound. We got in on him early, he committed to us early, other teams stopped calling.

Well there again that is just the homerism I mentioned talkiing. It's easy to check the facts.

Enunwa committed to us on Oct 26. 2009 He had a visit with Wash State on 10/9 and a visit with us on 10/16. No other offers. OCT. 26 is NOT EARLY. The kid was not highly recruited for whatever reason and not a single offer from a California school.

As a comparison, Keeston Terry, I think we had committed in June, maybe before and we were all thrilled regardless what EZ-E might be saying now. He COMMITTED early but had a nice offer list.

Carter committed to us about the same time or earlier than Enunwa. Had many offers including Alabama. So your claim just falls flat about Enunwa's offer list not happening because he committed early. Don't get me wrong, I think he might be a good find, a hidden jewel--but keep in mind that there are few of those out there and it is just as likely that other teams saw something they didn't like. It's just the BS that some of our fans put out that gives us a bad name that I object to.

Also to claim that we would rather have a two star kid than either of these four Stars, Carter and Terry or Sasser for that matter is just silly.

I will be as happy as anyone looking at this board if our WRs in this class are All Big 12. But from a pure recruiting standpoint on WRs and Qbs, we suck this year.

I am personally good with Enunwa, and he has a 5.7 by Rivals, same as Sasser and,looks good. On the other hand I'm a little concerned that he had only one other offer, from Wash. State so it wasn't like teams were running all over themselves to get his services as EZE makes it sound. We got in on him early, he committed to us early, other teams stopped calling.

Well there again that is just the homerism I mentioned talkiing. It's easy to check the facts.

Enunwa committed to us on Oct 26. 2009 He had a visit with Wash State on 10/9 and a visit with us on 10/16. No other offers. OCT. 26 is NOT EARLY. The kid was not highly recruited for whatever reason and not a single offer from a California school.

As a comparison, Keeston Terry, I think we had committed in June, maybe before and we were all thrilled regardless what EZ-E might be saying now. He COMMITTED early but had a nice offer list.

Carter committed to us about the same time or earlier than Enunwa. Had many offers including Alabama. So your claim just falls flat about Enunwa's offer list not happening because he committed early. Don't get me wrong, I think he might be a good find, a hidden jewel--but keep in mind that there are few of those out there and it is just as likely that other teams saw something they didn't like. It's just the BS that some of our fans put out that gives us a bad name that I object to.

Also to claim that we would rather have a two star kid than either of these four Stars, Carter and Terry or Sasser for that matter is just silly.

I will be as happy as anyone looking at this board if our WRs in this class are All Big 12. But from a pure recruiting standpoint on WRs and Qbs, we suck this year.

Another BRB classic!

It's easy to check the facts.

Carter committed to us about the same time or earlier than Enunwa.

for someone so good at research, i'm shocked that you still haven't found a single example to support your claim that the "bo doctrine" is either new or temporary.

for someone so good at research, i'm shocked that you still haven't found a single example to support your claim that the "bo doctrine" is either new or temporary.

It is so temporary I would say it is likely no longer in effect. We'll see as time goes by. This isn't the last time a kid is going to decide to check out another school after an oral committment.

After blowing steam in the tirade the "Bo Doctrine" likely changed to a "flexible" policy quicker than Napalitano went from saying "Everything worked just like it should" to "That ain't the way it's sposed to work, somebody screwed up".

It is so temporary I would say it is likely no longer in effect. We'll see as time goes by. This isn't the last time a kid is going to decide to check out another school after an oral committment.

After blowing steam in the tirade the "Bo Doctrine" likely changed to a "flexible" policy quicker than Napalitano went from saying "Everything worked just like it should" to "That ain't the way it's sposed to work, somebody screwed up".

keep me posted! :lol:

(and don't forget you can still go back and find past examples, too!)