Warrant issued for former Husker Culbert

Warrant issued for former Husker Culbert

OWH

LINCOLN – A Lancaster County judge has issued a bench warrant for the arrest of former Nebraska safety Major Culbert after he failed to appear in court last week.

Culbert, 21, is charged with maintaining a disorderly house, but he missed a court hearing on June 2.

Police broke up a loud party at his residence on May 2, according to a probable cause affidavit.

Culbert played three seasons with Nebraska, but he parted ways with the Huskers before spring practices began in March. Coach Bo Pelini gave no explanation for Culbert’s departur

does everything require a court date these days? seems like you can't pay a fine and be done with anything anymore, what a waste of resources to have a court date for a simple misdemeanor <_<

It's just like a speeding ticket. You can pay your fine and forget about it, or show up to court and "try" to fight it. The problem is these guys decided to do nothing, not pay the fine or fix whatever the problem is, which is fine, but you had best show up for the court date then.

Maintaining a disorderly house? WTF? I know some people I should probably call in if you can get arrested for not picking up Taco Bell wrappers and what not..

FWIW, from what I can find it has more to do with partying and causing disturbances than it does the condition of the house.

maintaining a disorderly house? I've heard of this charge before, but too be honest, it sounds like something Boss Hogg and Roscoe P Coltrane would come up with.

Don't know if I have ever laughed so hard in my life. Actually I have, but this was pretty dang funny.

does everything require a court date these days? seems like you can't pay a fine and be done with anything anymore, what a waste of resources to have a court date for a simple misdemeanor <_<

It's just like a speeding ticket. You can pay your fine and forget about it, or show up to court and "try" to fight it. The problem is these guys decided to do nothing, not pay the fine or fix whatever the problem is, which is fine, but you had best show up for the court date then.

No it's not!! A disorderly house violation requires an court appearance. At least it did the last time I got one in Lincoln in 2004. Wasn't even my house, so what I got charged with was "inmate of a disorderly house." I wasn't an inmate, that's for sure, so who knows where that trumped up charge came from. And to tell you the truth, I can't remember if I even got it resolved. Oh well!!.