Mike Rozier 64 yard run (count the crushing blocks!)

Hey, I was at that game !!! Awesome game.... I truly miss the days of crushing blocks, pipeline and option football...not trying to change the topic, so please, I don't want this to turn into the "great debate"...

Great blocks, but the block by Mark was/is just a little deceptive....he didn't actually "crush" the guy like the video claims..... You can clearly see the CB was leaving his feet, meaning that he had no momentum and anytime you leave your feet, you are defenseless....not taking anything away from the great team and play, but the block looks a lot more impressive than it was. I saw about 2-3 other crushing blows than the one the vidoe focused on.

"Man, woman an child..." KFAB's Lyle Bremser

"Touchdown, touchdown, touchdown! Mike Rozier!" KFAB's Kent Pavelka

Davaney, Osborne. Thirty years of glory. The uncontested team of the centurary.

The untested, totally dominant, '95 Huskers led by Tommie Frazier.

The offence of the 50ies, 62 - the fun and gun offence of the future, 17.

"Look at Tommie Frazier, how many tackles can one man break?"

The rebirth and bright future brought to Lincoln by AD Tom Osborne and HC Bo Pelini.

Here we go again Husker Nation!

T_O_B

:bonez:bonez:cheers:bonez:bonez

Hey, I was at that game !!! Awesome game.... I truly miss the days of crushing blocks, pipeline and option football...not trying to change the topic, so please, I don't want this to turn into the "great debate"...

Great blocks, but the block by Mark was/is just a little deceptive....he didn't actually "crush" the guy like the video claims..... You can clearly see the CB was leaving his feet, meaning that he had no momentum and anytime you leave your feet, you are defenseless....not taking anything away from the great team and play, but the block looks a lot more impressive than it was. I saw about 2-3 other crushing blows than the one the vidoe focused on.

Agreed. I was more impressed by the WR or TE who cracks down and takes out two defenders and really springs the hole open.

The TD he scored against UCLA at the beginning of this clip was my favorite Rozier run:

I remember my old man yelling when he reversed field: "what the hell are you do... TOUCHDOWN!" :D

Notice something else about these clips? When he gets to the end zone, he just flips the ball to the ref.

The TD he scored against UCLA at the beginning of this clip was my favorite Rozier run:

I remember my old man yelling when he reversed field: "what the hell are you do... TOUCHDOWN!" :D

Notice something else about these clips? When he gets to the end zone, he just flips the ball to the ref.

Yes, for a while it was a game the whole team played. Wait for the ref to signal TD, THEN flip the ball to them and watch them try to catch the ball.

Agreed. I was more impressed by the WR or TE who cracks down and takes out two defenders and really springs the hole open.

Me too. That was Rickey Simmons, an undersized split end. That just brings a flood of good thoughts about those times, like how good our receivers blocked, and how well Osborne designed or improved plays to get great blocking angles to make things like that happen. And then backs like Rozier bursting through those holes, through any arm tackles of the occasional defender who didn't get knocked on his butt. Good times.