conference away games

I think everyone is there to have a good time. YOu will get some good natured ribbing, but thats all in fun. We joked and laughed quite a bit in Lincoln this last year. By the end of the game I think my friend and I had 10-15 new friends ranging in age from 14 to 72. We had a good time and enjoyed the conversations.

I know there are those out there who are not that way. I dont like to hear when people say they dont feel safe going to your teams staduim.

I know some have had things happen to them or friends. It does happed every where. I guess part of it is how you roll with the punches sometimes. We had people harrass us, drunks smack us hard on our backs and people throw their trash and beer cans all over our truck.

BUT we also had husker fans pick up rounds of drinks. One guy paid for 1/2 our tab of food and drinks after we sat and talked with him and his dad for about 2 hours. I had never before meet this man and he did that just because he was that nice of a guy. (and a fellow NWMSU ALUM) We meet two others who we had good conversations with on the walk to the staduim> And even after the game, two families who offered up their food and drinks to share with us back in the lot after the game.

Overall we had one hell of a time that was aided by a good game in our favor and the kind company of strangers.

I myself am considering attending the Mizzou game, more for the fact that I may be moving to St. Louis in the near future, so it'd be the closest Husker game to me. I really hope I can make it, I've never been to a true away game yet, and I'd like to get the experience of a different atmosphere around me for a Husker game. If I do go, I hope to meet some guys like fro daddy, I'm always up for good-natured ribbing. I've had my fair share from KSU fans I used to work with.

havoc,

Now that is a good weekend.

I am not a small person but I treat people as I want to be treated. You go in making a lot of noise and being obnoxious you will find all the problems you want. You go in respecting their team and their traditions you will have no problems at all. Take the time to learn who thier top players are, be knowledgeable of how they play and talk to the surrounding fans. By the end of the day you will have new friends who just happen to wear the wrong color of red. If you attend a college football, other than in the student section, you are around fans of college football, not just Missouri or Nebraska. Take the opportunity to meet and have fun. I have been going to games for over 50 years, and I have never had the slightest problem. Yea you get the Big Red is dead stuff or other smart remarks from some, but you try to be more mature.

I love going to opposing stadiums. It makes you know just how great we have it at home.

Fro, I will get you my cellas we get closer. Would love to set with you and have a pepsi. Being a non drinker most likely has kept me out of trouble at the games to.

Well said!

I think a lot of poor fan behavior anywhere can be attributed to alcohol. There are plenty of reasons for poor behavior, but I'm guessing that is a big portion of it.

While I agree that being humble and polite and knowledgeable might help once you're IN the stands and situated, I'm not sure that is going to help you much at CU. When I went to a CSU/CU game in high school, wearing CSU green (I live in Fort Collins) it was a small stream of green wading through a mob of black and gold. They shoulder rammed us, threw their beers at us, and screamed insults the entire way into the game. No amount of reasoning against an angry mob is going to get you better treatment, trust me.

Not only that, but when CU squeaked off with a win, after the game they continually shouted insults, and even were yelling things like "&%$# YOU!" to a couple in their 70's. It was completely classless, so if you've never experienced boulder firsthand, I'm warning you now that even if you're a kindly old couple you're in for inhumane treatment.

Just a heads up to anyone considering the CU game this year.

While I agree that being humble and polite and knowledgeable might help once you're IN the stands and situated, I'm not sure that is going to help you much at CU. When I went to a CSU/CU game in high school, wearing CSU green (I live in Fort Collins) it was a small stream of green wading through a mob of black and gold. They shoulder rammed us, threw their beers at us, and screamed insults the entire way into the game. No amount of reasoning against an angry mob is going to get you better treatment, trust me.

Not only that, but when CU squeaked off with a win, after the game they continually shouted insults, and even were yelling things like "&%$# YOU!" to a couple in their 70's. It was completely classless, so if you've never experienced boulder firsthand, I'm warning you now that even if you're a kindly old couple you're in for inhumane treatment.

Isn't that behavior par for the course for the CU/CSU game every year. Police, tear gas, ripping seats out?

Isn't that behavior par for the course for the CU/CSU game every year. Police, tear gas, ripping seats out?

I had some friends who went to the NU/CU game in Boulder a few years ago (can't remember the exact one). They said they had a very similar experience to this one. Nobody likes having beer dumped on them mid-game.

Baylor...I have seen games at these other places, and their fans can be jerks, or they have jerks that will vandalize your car during or after the game. Colorado would definitely be out, as we have see too many times what drunks their students are at the games. When I went to a Kansas game, there were people from Nebraska that had Nebraska plates on their cars that had tires slashed at the motel the night before. Missouri would be a maybe...as the game I went to there involved the "kick" in the end zone in overtime where we won, their fans were emotional, as we would have been, and I really thought we were going to have to actually fight our way to the parking lot, as there were Mizzou fans that were just trying to pick fights with anyone from Nebraska.

Baylor would probably be the most fun, as we are almost guaranteed to win :) and they won't have many fans there, so it will be easy to get in and out, other than all those Nebraska fans! :hellloooo

Baylor would probably be the most fun, as we are almost guaranteed to win :) and they won't have many fans there, so it will be easy to get in and out, other than all those Nebraska fans! :hellloooo

I would not even come close to saying that Baylor is a guaranteed win....They are a team that is seriously improving and I think that the game will be a good one. In addition you will get to watch a QB in Griffin that is a phenom! That said I do think the Baylor game would be the one that I would visit if I had the $. I just wish that they were not located in Waco. Do you think we could get Osborne to convince them to move the game to that fancy-pants new stadium built outside of Dallas?

I would not even come close to saying that Baylor is a guaranteed win....They are a team that is seriously improving and I think that the game will be a good one. In addition you will get to watch a QB in Griffin that is a phenom! That said I do think the Baylor game would be the one that I would visit if I had the $. I just wish that they were not located in Waco. Do you think we could get Osborne to convince them to move the game to that fancy-pants new stadium built outside of Dallas?

Here we go with Baylor again! :facepalm:

2 trips to Baylor, no problems at all. I did have Texas plates, so no risk to my car. Much as I'd like to, I don't have any Husker stickers or anything like that on the car.

The Kansas tire slashing was unfortunate, though I did hear that at least one tire shop offered free repair/replacement, which tells me something good about Lawrence.

In my opinion it's almost always safest to rent a local car with in-state or at least non-NE plates to avoid damage to your car. $20-40 for a day rental seems like cheap insurance.

In most stadiums, as long as you don't act like a dick you probably won't get hassled. I always wear Husker gear and never got hassled. Granted I've never been to Boulder or Columbia for a game, but I've been to all 4 Big 12 Texas stadiums, OU, Minnesota, South Bend, South Carolina, an Orange Bowl where Tennessee outnumbered us, and an Alamo Bowl, and didn't always get a ticket in the NU section. No problems at all, met some nice people in some places, took some good-natured ribbing in others, and was ignored in a couple.

If you are worried about your NE plates getting you in trouble on the trip to columbia you could always make a small purchase to safeguard your vehicles safety.

4295-c.jpg

Tickets to MU/NE game - $65

Food, beverages and Hotel - $200

Tiger tail - $9.95

Enjoying a 4 day weekend and having no vandalism issues - Priceless

:clap:laughpound

P.S. Although I have never seen anything it is believable that some arse did something to someone. If its of any comfort to you guys. I know plenty of people like myself, that are tiger fans, that would deal with someone if we saw them missing with someone elses car.