Suh's No. 1 pick in Sporting News Mock Draft...

A monster year from Suh would be awesome because it will really draw attention to the Nebraska defense, the Blackshirt tradition, and Pelini as a one of the best for coaching defensive players. Glenn Dorsey at LSU and now Suh here at NU. The defensive recruits feeding frenzy would be on. I am looking forward to a great defense this year with Suh as our anchor.

:bonez:bonez:bonez

I hope the Sporting News' crystal ball is correct because that would mean Suh has a great season and sets the tone for the defense. If he's dominating then the defense is dominating. I get chills thinking about it!

:bonez

The Nebraska defense dominating opponents...those words are like a cold glass of water to a dry, parched throat.

I think the day he announced he was returning was the happiest I've felt about the program since... the Oklahoma win in 2001? Maybe the Alamo win in 2005? Not sure, but his return is a huge step in the right direction for this program.

A very wicked part of my heart cackles with glee when I think what Suh could do to opponents this year. =)

I hope the Sporting News' crystal ball is correct because that would mean Suh has a great season and sets the tone for the defense. If he's dominating then the defense is dominating. I get chills thinking about it!

Does anybody have any history on their predictions?

Just think what Suh being picked #1 overall would do for recruiting on defense in the near future. You have to expect just about every top DL prospect to look into the Skers as a possible place to hang for 4 years...

Big SUUUUUUUUUHH!!!!!

If you take into consideration the player he was before Pelini and crew and then how he performed after being coached by them, NU should be in on just about every top defensive recruit out there. Just watching what they did with Cody Glenn in one short year should be causing quite a buzz amongst defensive recruits. Speed kills, and I hope in future years we get a plenty of it. I still can't help but wonder how much better some of Clownahan's recruiting classes would have turned out had they been coached by the current staff.

I think the day he announced he was returning was the happiest I've felt about the program since... the Oklahoma win in 2001? Maybe the Alamo win in 2005? Not sure, but his return is a huge step in the right direction for this program.

Happier than when the new AD & coach came to town? :o

I doubt he will actually end up going #1 overall, especially after the inevitable NFL hype machine gets a hold of the QB's and other "skill position" players in the draft.

But I do think he will be a legit top 5 pick, similar to where Glen Dorsey went to the Chiefs.

Since Tebow, McCoy and (probably) Bradford will all leave for the NFL this year, I wouldn't doubt this for a second. It would take a perfect storm of team need, worse than expected play by all three of the above-mentioned players, and stellar play throughout the season by Suh for him to go #1. Those are tall odds.

Happier than when the new AD & coach came to town? :o

Yes.

PS - you've been a member for almost two years, and this was your first post? Wow. :)

I don't think that Bo would ever use this as a pitch (Billy C would've though), but this should be a great recruiting tool for Nebraska. Elite lineman are the toughest positions to recruit in college football, and this could put us over the top for recruiting big time defensive lineman in the 2010 class, and into the 2011 class.

Like i said earlier, I don't ever see Bo Pelini telling a high school kid, "Come to Nebraska, and I can make you a top 5 draft pick like I made Glenn Dorsey and Ndamakong Suh."

But hopefully kids will take note of this, and realize that Bo has a very special talent in developing defensive lineman.

PS - you've been a member for almost two years, and this was your first post? Wow. :)

Heh, yeah, signed up here a long time ago, but never posted. Thinking about moving to a new forum for this season, I'm tired of seeing threads get dragged down into stupid arguments at my usual board.

Maybe I'll visit here more often, now that I've figured out how to turn off the ginormous signature pics that dominate this forum. :P