Kody Spano is back

OMAHA, Neb. - When Kody Spano suffered an anterior cruciate ligament injury on April 13, most people thought coach Bo Pelini was a bit optimistic when he predicted his recovery time at four months.

During Wednesday's Knights of Columbus sports night, however, Nebraska offensive coordinator Shawn Watson said Spano has been back for two weeks and he'll be at full-go for the start of fall camp.

Offensive coordinator Shawn Watson says Nebraska QB Kody Spano has been at full speed for two weeks.

"We got Kody Spano back," Watson said. "Our strength staff and Mark Mayer, our trainer, did a super job. [Mayer] told me when Kody had his surgery the Friday before the spring game [April 17], an ACL is not easy.

Full Story

This is great. Spano came in with a lot of promise and should be able to contribute, if healthy. If he only pushes ZLee to be a better QB, that's a huge boost. Also, if he allows us to redshirt Cody Green, that's a win for the Huskers. Great news all around heading into fall camp.

That's great news about Kinnie. With the lack of proven game-time receivers we have it will be nice to have another option. Looks like we were two for two on our WR commits last year.

:yeah

I have been waiting anxiously to see what Kinnie could do on the field. The fact that "he has made a huge impact on his teammates" is even better.

I'm having a hard time remembering, can someone help me out. Was Kinnie a 3 for 3 or a 3 for 2 guy? I know Gomes was one or the other also, but I always get confused who had what eligibility left. Thanks in advance.

I need to look again, but I thought Kinnie was a 3/3 guy and Gomes is a 3/2?

I'm having a hard time remembering, can someone help me out. Was Kinnie a 3 for 3 or a 3 for 2 guy? I know Gomes was one or the other also, but I always get confused who had what eligibility left. Thanks in advance.

I need to look again, but I thought Kinnie was a 3/3 guy and Gomes is a 3/2?

You are correct