Phillip Dillard?

The only thing I know for fact is that Dillard and Pelini were not close over incidents during his recruitment. I was amazed when he stayed last year. I do not know if that is the situation at this time or if it is even part of the situation. We have heard that he was not as motivated last year and his playing time showed that. Who knows. He was a very highly touted recruit, but just seems not up to par. I have heard nothing about him not being with the team.

This particular incident was one of my hang ups with Coach Pelini. This was a bad deal and it hurt our recruiting that year I am sure. But with Phil staying last year I thought they had worked things out and certainly may have. I am not as connected with the program as I was during Phillips recruitment.

Either way he needs to man up and do what he was brought here to do. Coach Pelini has made me a believer in him. Things happen and you have to get past them. Hopefully this is just a rumor and he is still with the team and is working hard to be what we expected him to be. He has not had an easy life with BC and the reason he came to Nebraska being hired to be his coach. My guess shock would be the words he used to describe how he felt.

He had the talent supposedly to be an All American, and I know all the top programs wanted him. It is time for him to show or go.

Last I heard Dillard has cleaned up his act and had a strong summer. I also heard his spring ball status was an issue with showing up to camp overweight or unmotivated or both. Whatever the reasons were, though, I hope he finds his way back to a starting position and finishes his career strong for Nebraska.

He's one of those defensive seniors we'd rather not be without.

According to Carl at our picnic last Saturday Dillard is 'back' and is challenging hard not only for playing time but to start. He had a great summer.

That is great to here for him. Glad to here he has gotten things together!

That IS great news. A healthy, aggressive and motivated Dillard would be a HUGE boon for that defense. We have some speed and talent at LB but they're largely untested and young. Having a SR there to lead that group would be invaluable.

Here's to a great Fall Camp for Dillard, and not only getting out of the "dog house" but earning that starting spot.

:w00t:w00t