Cy's Amazing Pre-Season Predictions

they will be more athletic and talented. By Nov they will have experience.

I don't buy that. They will have more experience than they did at the beginning obviously, but I don't think it's going to help against our biggest strength, the D-line. A young and inexperienced O-line is very crippling. No matter how well they develop by November I don't see them being able to contain Suh as well as the other guys who apparently have stepped up quite a bit.

Who cares if you buy it or not. It's the truth. NU falls to KU this year. No way you come into Lawrence and win. You haven't done it since 2003. What makes you so confident that Nebraska can do it this year? :box

Just like you said there was no way KU would lose in Lincoln last year?

I don't buy that. They will have more experience than they did at the beginning obviously, but I don't think it's going to help against our biggest strength, the D-line. A young and inexperienced O-line is very crippling. No matter how well they develop by November I don't see them being able to contain Suh as well as the other guys who apparently have stepped up quite a bit.

Who cares if you buy it or not. It's the truth. NU falls to KU this year. No way you come into Lawrence and win. You haven't done it since 2003. What makes you so confident that Nebraska can do it this year? :box

i had a bad feeling last year, didn't even watch the game, just listened to it with my freaking father-in-law. he still won't let me live it down.

from athlon:

Offensive linemen

Even with the loss of three starters, there doesn’t appear to be much concern in Lawrence about the Jayhawks’ trench warriors. Jeremiah Hatch, a tackle last season, should be one of the league’s best centers in 2009. Right tackle Jeff Spikes, a 6'6", 314-pound sophomore, is one of the Big 12’s top young linemen. He struggled a bit early last fall but worked out the kinks by the end of his freshman season. Kansas is incredibly inexperienced at the other three positions. Not only is left tackle Tanner Hawkinson a redshirt freshman, but the former tight end is playing the position for the first time. Left guard John Williams is a redshirt freshman, and junior right guard Sal Capra is a first-year starter.

i had a bad feeling last year, didn't even watch the game, just listened to it with my freaking father-in-law. he still won't let me live it down.

I went. I thought we would win, but I was by no means sure of it. Better luck this year I guess.

I went. I thought we would win, but I was by no means sure of it. Better luck this year I guess.

i wanted to go but was moving to a different town that day so I just listened to it on the radio. i could hear my husker family yelling from inside my house. thought about burning it down but then realized that was my stuff in there.

I think people are really underestimating the depth at coaching we have at Nebraska. I see the Huskers in B12 Championship!

if only coaches could play, we would have the biggest OL you ever saw.

We would win it all for sure then. FOR SURE. :)

Cy how are your Trojans....err Cyclones going to do in the bowl game, I just have to know. :box

We'll play in a little crappy bowl, like the Raman Noodles Bowl or the Charmin Toilet Tissue Bowl, against another no-name football team (William & Mary or The Virginia Military Institute...someone like that) and we'll get our asses kicked all over the field therefore giving all of you something to laugh about for the next five years.

We're all about making other people happy over here in Ames.... :angry:

Great job Cy.

_________________________________________________________________________________

To the Kansas fans...

Here's the thing...

KU could beat Nebraska in Lawrence and still not make it to the Big 12 title game because of all the other conference losses. I think KU goes 0-3 against the south and has a 50/50 shot at losing to Missouri and Colorado.

NU on the other hand should go 2-1 against the south, with victories over TT and Baylor and outside of the one theoretical loss to Kansas should be 4-1 in the north division.

Regardless, I'm putting the cart way before the horse here...one game at time...starting with Florida Atlantic.

Great job Cy.

_________________________________________________________________________________

To the Kansas fans...

Here's the thing...

KU could beat Nebraska in Lawrence and still not make it to the Big 12 title game because of all the other conference losses. I think KU goes 0-3 against the south and has a 50/50 shot at losing to Missouri and Colorado.

NU on the other hand should go 2-1 against the south, with victories over TT and Baylor and outside of the one theoretical loss to Kansas should be 4-1 in the north division.

Regardless, I'm putting the cart way before the horse here...one game at time...starting with Florida Atlantic.

why do you think NU beats TT but ku has no chance against them?

from athlon:

Offensive linemen

Even with the loss of three starters, there doesn’t appear to be much concern in Lawrence about the Jayhawks’ trench warriors. Jeremiah Hatch, a tackle last season, should be one of the league’s best centers in 2009. Right tackle Jeff Spikes, a 6'6", 314-pound sophomore, is one of the Big 12’s top young linemen. He struggled a bit early last fall but worked out the kinks by the end of his freshman season. Kansas is incredibly inexperienced at the other three positions. Not only is left tackle Tanner Hawkinson a redshirt freshman, but the former tight end is playing the position for the first time. Left guard John Williams is a redshirt freshman, and junior right guard Sal Capra is a first-year starter.

Is this the same Athlon that all you KU fans mocked and called a joke cause you weren't in the top 25?

from athlon:

Offensive linemen

Is this the same Athlon that all you KU fans mocked and called a joke cause you weren't in the top 25?

ZING!