Rivals 2010 class rankings

Well right now with just 5 people we still look better then over half the teams out there. First number after the team name is total number of recruits then 5stars,4,3 then average stars and then points

http://rivals100.rivals.com/teamrank.asp?SID=0

26 Washington 13 0 3 8 2.92 572

27 Auburn 13 0 2 10 2.92 558

28 Utah 13 0 2 9 2.69 478

29 UCLA 6 0 3 3 3.50 447

30 Houston 20 0 1 11 2.15 422

31 Arizona State 7 0 2 5 3.29 406

32 Oklahoma State 15 0 2 8 2.13 397

33 Illinois 9 0 2 6 2.89 372

34 Maryland 15 0 2 8 2.53 370

35 Minnesota 10 0 2 7 2.90 367

36 Cincinnati 15 0 1 8 2.13 354

Vanderbilt 20 0 0 14 2.30 354

38 N.C. State 7 0 2 4 3.14 343

39 Kansas 11 0 1 8 2.55 335

40 Nebraska 5 0 3 1 3.40 328

41 Oregon 5 0 2 3 3.40 324

42 Iowa 10 0 1 6 2.40 306

43 Missouri 12 0 2 6 2.17 285

44 North Carolina 3 1 0 2 3.67 279

45 Wake Forest 14 0 0 10 2.57 264

46 Duke 13 0 1 8 2.62 258

47 Baylor 11 0 2 7 2.64 256

48 Boston College 10 0 0 7 2.70 234

49 Texas Tech 14 0 1 9 2.21 185

50 Tulsa 13 0 0 6 2.15 181

IT'S NOT ENOUGH!! DO YOU HEAR ME!?!!!????!?!???!!!!??? IT! IS! NOT! ENOUGH!!!!!!

If we're not aligned in a harmonious convergence with USC, Florida, Texas, Oklahoma and LSU, we might as well give up football. Forever. Because without that kind of class THIS YEAR, we will never, ever, ever win anything ever again.

Ever.

May God have mercy on our souls.

Out of all of the teams listed we are tied with Oregon for the highest avg star ranking....I know that stars do not really matter in the end, but this makes me feel a little better.

I know some people think the world is coming to an end b/c of our lack of recruits and I have been a little frustrated as well, but I do believe Bo will get the job done and get the players HE needs to run the system.

IT'S NOT ENOUGH!! DO YOU HEAR ME!?!!!????!?!???!!!!??? IT! IS! NOT! ENOUGH!!!!!!

If we're not aligned in a harmonious convergence with USC, Florida, Texas, Oklahoma and LSU, we might as well give up football. Forever. Because without that kind of class THIS YEAR, we will never, ever, ever win anything ever again.

Ever.

I am Hopeing you forgot one of these :sarcasm

Ever.

The last time we were aligned with those teams. Our coach get "FIRED" 24 (roughly) months later.

The type of recruits, I assume, you're looking for look at championship capability. NE need to compete befor we get those. If NE wins the north, and upsets/or plays close Oklahoma or Texas, we will be where Missery was and start getting those recruits back. Bo has talent there, he took a sad team in his first year and turned it into a 9-4 bowl winning team (redshirted basically his entire first class). The "proof needs to be in the pudding" for the next class.

What I'm saying is; If the Huskers win, the recruits will follow. How do you talk to a H.S. Kid and tell him to come to NE when he can go to OK or TX (closer to home) to win.

This class "WILL" change when the Huskers start putting up big wins. If the Huskers beat VT, look at recruits to start looking again, especially if the Husker give OK a scare (or better yet a loss!!!!!)

The rankings don't tell the whole story right now. Consider that Sloan, one of NU's verbals is a very soft committ and likely won't end up in Lincoln. Look at Kansas, right above NU on the team rankings. 3 of their verbals aren't even ranked yet. Dave Clark, the juco CB will end up being a 4 star and Mundine, the currently unranked LB will be an easy 3 star. Who knows if their kicker will ever be ranked. Rivals only ranked 10 kickers last year and all 10 were 3 stars.

Bottom line right now - lots of quality kids are not ranked yet, there is going to be a lot of movement in the next 6 months. On a side note, what a class Stanford has coming in so far. I like to see that.

kinda funny how texas tech has 14 recruits and they are rated 49th. doesn't look like there is a ton of talent there (and mizzou too - 12, rated 43). i'll take the 5 we have and build from there....

you got to remember, ultimatly you are still NE. And when a kid commits to NE, USC, FL, ND and so on. He is much more likely to get a higher ranking than comminting to MU, KU, TT, TCU and so on.

If you look at alot of MU's recruites, there are a number that are .1 from a 4 star. On the other end of that, I have heard this discussed a number of time WAY before they commited else where. But from the people that have seen then play many times, they were surprised that Gabbert and Terry got a 4th star. I have seen ALOT of HS football in the state of MO. Let me just say this, How many of you, really believe, that the 5th and 7th ranked players in the state are 4 stars?

Do you really believe that MO is producing 7, 4 star and higher players this year? Most years they have 3 or 4, if that. This year thats doubled. Truth is its because of "who" they origianally commited too, not how good they are. Are they fine football players, yeah they are. If they commited to KU or Iowa st would they have gotten a 4th star. I wouldnt have bet on it.

you got to remember, ultimatly you are still NE. And when a kid commits to NE, USC, FL, ND and so on. He is much more likely to get a higher ranking than comminting to MU, KU, TT, TCU and so on.

If you look at alot of MU's recruites, there are a number that are .1 from a 4 star. On the other end of that, I have heard this discussed a number of time WAY before they commited else where. But from the people that have seen then play many times, they were surprised that Gabbert and Terry got a 4th star. I have seen ALOT of HS football in the state of MO. Let me just say this, How many of you, really believe, that the 5th and 7th ranked players in the state are 4 stars?

Do you really believe that MO is producing 7, 4 star and higher players this year? Most years they have 3 or 4, if that. This year thats doubled. Truth is its because of "who" they origianally commited too, not how good they are. Are they fine football players, yeah they are. If they commited to KU or Iowa st would they have gotten a 4th star. I wouldnt have bet on it.

This is one of those ridiculous ugly truths about recruiting rankings. If Kid A and Kid B are equally talented, Kid A will get a higher star rating if he commits to USC and Kid B commits to Missouri.

Kinda makes ya wonder what the point of the rankings are if they're so flexible, huh? :dumdum

I see what you're saying and I agree with you guys to an extent. However, both of them were four stars before they ever committed to NU. I think sometimes we don't get the bump ups either. Look at Sean Fisher who had offers from a ton of schools including OU. Cameron Meredith had several offers including one from OU. Both were 5.7 3 stars and very well could have been four stars. I wonder if they had committed to a school like OU would they have got the fourth star? Look how long it took Cody Green to move up the rankings. He put up rediculous stats in Texas and still took till the end of the year to even put him somewhere in the top 100 if I remember right, he could have still been a little outside.

kinda funny how texas tech has 14 recruits and they are rated 49th. doesn't look like there is a ton of talent there (and mizzou too - 12, rated 43). i'll take the 5 we have and build from there....

Depends on what it means to be a ****, but do I think MO could produce 7 or more great prospects? Aboslutely. Missouri is the second most populous state in the Big XII with nearly 6 million.

I believe that is roughly a fourth the population in Texas. So if Texas can turn out kids in the hundreds, Missouri should be able to turn out a good number of good football players too. Imo, Missouri is probably under recruited.

I disagree.. There have been recruits fall off with their ranking when committing here because we haven't been that great force in the Rivals era... If we were OU or UT I would agree with that.. However, I would put NU more in that MU/KU range for recruiting right now.