Cody Green

Coaches will know by the end of camp if Green will be ready or if he needs the redshirt. I would not redshirt him if he was the next best thing to ZLEE. Cause if ZLEE go down, Green go in. If Green is throwing wobblers and isnt sharp with the plays, RS him. The competition will be an eye-watcher for sure. And someone has to step up and go get it. Whoever it is, that's the guy you go with for #2 when season starts.

Frazier came in as a freshman and played his hand. I'm sure had Grant been playing lights out Frazier wouldn't have started the rest of the year and would have transferred. I can see the same thing happening this year. If Lee goes out there and plays sub par like Grant did, Green could play his hand or force his hand. At the end of the day, it's quite simple. These are college kids. If they think they're ready and willing to give up their redshirt year, there's little the coaches can do about it. If Green is willing to burn his shirt for mop up duty or whatever, then that's probably what will happen. Just as it was already pointed out. It will really suck if he redshirts and then leaves after his redshirt sophomore year for the NFL.

Mike Grant got hurt, some kind of shoulder injury I believe. That's why Tommie Frazier was able to step in. And, if I recall correctly TO had Coach Gill lobbying for Frazier-which never hurts.

Did Frazier threaten to transfer? Don't know and don't care.

The part in green...players do not run the team. The coaches do. And, the fastest way for a coach to lose control of his team is to let the players make the decisions.

The way Mike Grant threw the ball, it wouldn't surprise me if he was injured his entire Husker career. After the 3rd game of the season, Frazier went to TO and said play me or I'm transferring. I think we know the rest of the story.

The discussion here has nothing to do with players running the team. The discussion here is about a players right to decide whether or not they redshirt. Coaches sometimes have to make a difficult decision to pull a redshirt because of an injury. Coaches sometimes also have to make a difficult decision with regards to playing time when a player decides they do not want to redshirt. TO didn't redshirt Bobby Newcombe. Newcombe wasn't even a huge contributor as a true freshman, but TO had to find a way to get him on the field so that it wasn't just a wasted year of eligibility.

Frazier came in as a freshman and played his hand. I'm sure had Grant been playing lights out Frazier wouldn't have started the rest of the year and would have transferred. I can see the same thing happening this year. If Lee goes out there and plays sub par like Grant did, Green could play his hand or force his hand. At the end of the day, it's quite simple. These are college kids. If they think they're ready and willing to give up their redshirt year, there's little the coaches can do about it. If Green is willing to burn his shirt for mop up duty or whatever, then that's probably what will happen. Just as it was already pointed out. It will really suck if he redshirts and then leaves after his redshirt sophomore year for the NFL.

Mike Grant got hurt, some kind of shoulder injury I believe. That's why Tommie Frazier was able to step in. And, if I recall correctly TO had Coach Gill lobbying for Frazier-which never hurts.

The part in green...players do not run the team. The coaches do. And, the fastest way for a coach to lose control of his team is to let the players make the decisions.

The way Mike Grant threw the ball, it wouldn't surprise me if he was injured his entire Husker career. After the 3rd game of the season, Frazier went to TO and said play me or I'm transferring. I think we know the rest of the story.

The discussion here has nothing to do with players running the team. The discussion here is about a players right to decide whether or not they redshirt. Coaches sometimes have to make a difficult decision to pull a redshirt because of an injury. Coaches sometimes also have to make a difficult decision with regards to playing time when a player decides they do not want to redshirt. TO didn't redshirt Bobby Newcombe. Newcombe wasn't even a huge contributor as a true freshman, but TO had to find a way to get him on the field so that it wasn't just a wasted year of eligibility.

Frasier took over QB at half time because the fans were booing the huskers at half time.

A spread option offense is easier for a HS QB to pick up since it is like their HS offense. The complicated WC stuff is what keeps Green from being a Frazier. At a WV, Michigan or Oregon a Russell Shepard could step right in, but he was the fool and went to LSU. Green I think could do the same, but not in this WC crap.

A spread option offense is easier for a HS QB to pick up since it is like their HS offense. The complicated WC stuff is what keeps Green from being a Frazier. At a WV, Michigan or Oregon a Russell Shepard could step right in, but he was the fool and went to LSU. Green I think could do the same, but not in this WC crap.

You do realize we had the 12th best offense in the country last year, right?

Frasier took over QB at half time because the fans were booing the huskers at half time.

Exactly! This made TO's decision easy. Had Grant been playing lights out, then TO would have had a very tough decision. I guess the point is that a coach doesn't have much control over whether a player redshirts or not. They also have little control over whether a player enters the draft early or not. Ultimately, it will be Cody Green's decision on whether or not he redshirts. Bo and Wats can suggest, hint, etc. all they want. In the end, the decision rests with Cody Green. With Spano's issues, it will be intersting to see what happens.

Exactly! This made TO's decision easy. Had Grant been playing lights out, then TO would have had a very tough decision. I guess the point is that a coach doesn't have much control over whether a player redshirts or not. They also have little control over whether a player enters the draft early or not. Ultimately, it will be Cody Green's decision on whether or not he redshirts. Bo and Wats can suggest, hint, etc. all they want. In the end, the decision rests with Cody Green. With Spano's issues, it will be intersting to see what happens.

Green can want to play all he wants, but Bo is the one who puts him in the game. This idea you have of the inmates running the asylum isn't the reality of a Bo Pelini administration. Green may suit up every game, but if he doesn't see the field, he's going to redshirt. And Bo determines who sees the field.

You can talk about any player in Nebraska's past you want, but the bottom line is, Bo wasn't the coach then. The very kind of scenario you're talking about where a player draws a line in the sand has already happened once with Bo, and that kid was shut down. That's all the example you need.

That's one approach. I'm not sure it's the apprach I would take. Let's say Green wants to play and thinks he should. Bo says no and never puts him into the game. Green transfers to another team and is vocal about the reason he did. Most 4 and 5 star athletes want to come in a play right away. They shy away from Nebraska because the coach won't let true freshmen play. If this scenario plays out, then I believe we all better be prepared to be happy with a lot of 7-5, 8-4 records.

That's one approach. I'm not sure it's the apprach I would take. Let's say Green wants to play and thinks he should. Bo says no and never puts him into the game. Green transfers to another team and is vocal about the reason he did. Most 4 and 5 star athletes want to come in a play right away. They shy away from Nebraska because the coach won't let true freshmen play. If this scenario plays out, then I believe we all better be prepared to be happy with a lot of 7-5, 8-4 records.

Meh. Not every quality athlete is a head case. We're not in the business of recruiting a bunch of Harrison Becks. I'd rather see a Husker team stocked solely with walk-ons who want to be here, want to do what's best for the team, want to learn from their coach, and who go 2-10 than have a bunch of 4- and 5-star prima donnas trying to run the show.

Bottom line is, this program is in better hands if it's run by the coaches than by a bunch of 18-20 year old kids.

Meh. Not every quality athlete is a head case. We're not in the business of recruiting a bunch of Harrison Becks. I'd rather see a Husker team stocked solely with walk-ons who want to be here, want to do what's best for the team, want to learn from their coach, and who go 2-10 than have a bunch of 4- and 5-star prima donnas trying to run the show.

Whoa.

No you wouldn't.

Winning might not be everything, but it isn't nothing.