Spano hurt?

Well 1620 hasn't said anymore about Spano like they said they would when practice got over and they only have 15 minutes left of their show.......they're too busy finding the perfect entrance song for Thunder Collins when he enters the court room <_<

Practice has been over for I think 45 minutes and still nothing

Practice is over now but still no word. 1620 the Zone is talking to Vernon Miles a former Husker I believe right now and still no word about Spano

Geez some media outlets in Lincoln are not jumping on this type of news and I don't get it. I understand that it was a rumor but practice is over and there is still no word.....any news would be nice

Vernon Miles? Are you talking about the football program?

I'm sorry, I must not have been paying attention the past 20 years. Who is Vernon Miles? I remember a Barron Miles... :lol:

'Other sources' are rarely directly associated with the program. Who do you think they should be citing?
Well that Aquarium Guy seems to have really good information......

They don't have to cite a specific person. "Unnamed sources" or "sources close to the program" have been used by media outlets for... ever. They could call their source "Deep Throat" for a completely unoriginal name if they choose.

As for who that should be... probably the source that got the info to Big Willie, to HSKRNOKC, to the dude on the LJS site who seemed to already know about this, and to the dude who posted the original Rivals thread that this thread was born from. There is clearly a source of information out there, or all these guys I just named are REALLY good guessers. :) I would like to think a good investigative reporter could find that source and utilize it. But who knows - maybe Shatel and Sipple and all the TV media folks all know about this "source" and choose not to use them. Maybe it's a journalistic choice, and that's OK. But I'm greedy for info like the next guy... so I want more.

This is really derailing this thread and I don't want to be guilty of that any longer. I'm concerned about Kody first, and I apologize for taking us into this tangent.

Here's hoping he felt less than 100% and they sat him for purely precautionary reasons. Maybe he never sees the field this year even if healthy, and that would be OK. But the bottom line is, this isn't something we would wish on anyone.

Good luck, Kody, whatever the situation.

Practice is over now but still no word. 1620 the Zone is talking to Vernon Miles a former Husker I believe right now and still no word about Spano

Geez some media outlets in Lincoln are not jumping on this type of news and I don't get it. I understand that it was a rumor but practice is over and there is still no word.....any news would be nice

Vernon Miles? Are you talking about the football program?

I'm sorry, I must not have been paying attention the past 20 years. Who is Vernon Miles? I remember a Barron Miles... :lol:

Ya I wasn't for sure what his name was thats why I said I think thats what his name was :lol:

Thats one downfall about being deaf in one ear.....I hear different stuff than what was really said at times and it sucks and I've had that problem since 3rd grade.

Thanks for the update Jen......I need a nap I'm tired :lol:

Well 1620 hasn't said anymore about Spano like they said they would when practice got over and they only have 15 minutes left of their show.......they're too busy finding the perfect entrance song for Thunder Collins when he enters the court room <_<

Practice has been over for I think 45 minutes and still nothing

Are you serious!?! I know Thunder has been accused of some heinous things, but he is still a man, and a former Husker as well. I'm sorry but I don't see how that is a laughing matter. After all, a man was shot and killed, (I could care less what the circumstances were) and now a former member of our Husker family stands accused, and could well end up in the Pen for life, or worse. And we're mocking him on the radio.

Are we going to official give back the "classiest fan" moniker, or are we going to keep pretending we aren't all just as selfish and insensitive as the rest of the CFB fans we so love to look down on?

:rant

Are you serious!?! I know Thunder has been accused of some heinous things, but he is still a man, and a former Husker as well. I'm sorry but I don't see how that is a laughing matter. After all, a man was shot and killed, (I could care less what the circumstances were) and now a former member of our Husker family stands accused, and could well end up in the Pen for life, or worse. And we're mocking him on the radio.

Are we going to official give back the "classiest fan" moniker, or are we going to keep pretending we aren't all just as selfish and insensitive as the rest of the CFB fans we so love to look down on?

:rant

1620 The Zone, last time I checked, didn't represent the majority of fans. And since you're hearing this second hand, maybe you could calm down a tad before passing judgment on the situation.

It's true. Out for the season:

Redshirt freshman Kody Spano is out again. Spano, who tore his ACL in the spring and spent all summer furiously rehabbing to recover in time for fall camp, did it again to same knee, and has been lost for the rest of the season, head coach Bo Pelini confirmed Wednesday.

“Football,” Pelini said. “That’s what happens. Just running. It was a non-contact injury. Happens.”

Spano should “probably be full speed come winter conditioning,” Pelini said.

Husker Locker Reports

As for who that should be... probably the source that got the info to Big Willie, to HSKRNOKC, to the dude on the LJS site who seemed to already know about this, and to the dude who posted the original Rivals thread that this thread was born from. There is clearly a source of information out there, or all these guys I just named are REALLY good guessers. :)I would like to think a good investigative reporter could find that source and utilize it. But who knows - maybe Shatel and Sipple and all the TV media folks all know about this "source" and choose not to use them. Maybe it's a journalistic choice, and that's OK. But I'm greedy for info like the next guy... so I want more.

That guy would be Sam Mckweon known as ThePandadangent, a paying member on RSS. I've never paid for any of the recruiting sites and probably never will, but that guy continuously monitors that site and knows the insiders (I know who to listen to to some degree) on the free board and the pay board and takes some of the things they post and takes it as his own.

The free board users on HI have had it with him because all he does is post links to his site regarding his articles to Huskerlocker (In which the meat and potatoes of the articles comes from members on RSS).

Funny the first documented link to a source on this Spano injury is from McKeweon.

Don't know how long he's gonna last with the good graces of Bo's staff that Sipple and Shattel have.

It's true. Out for the season:

Redshirt freshman Kody Spano is out again. Spano, who tore his ACL in the spring and spent all summer furiously rehabbing to recover in time for fall camp, did it again to same knee, and has been lost for the rest of the season, head coach Bo Pelini confirmed Wednesday.

“Football,” Pelini said. “That’s what happens. Just running. It was a non-contact injury. Happens.”

Spano should “probably be full speed come winter conditioning,” Pelini said.

Husker Locker Reports

If Pelini said that, then I'm seriously disappointed. Honestly, now that Spano has injured the same knee twice, he should sit AT LEAST until spring practices to make sure that knee gets the proper healing it deserves this time. Absolutely no need whatsoever to rush him now just for some offseason workouts.