Spano hurt?

Not to be too harsh, but this does not speak well of local media. If this information is accessible to folks on the Internet/blogosphere/whatever, why can't they hint or allude to it at all?

Things that make you say hmmmm......

It's because that they need to confirm it with the reliable source before printing it.

About 27 years ago, a major national news network went with a rumor that the president was dead and reported it.

Trust me, they've been hearing the rumors for the same amount of time that we have, they just can't run with them without having accountability (like us). It had been reported yesterday that Spano was in street clothes. I imagine he had an MRI today, thus the coaches had nothing to confirm until after practice.

Clearly the coaches aren't the only sources available if guys on HuskerBoard and/or Rivals, plus a guy I speak to on the LJS website, knew about this by the time it was posted here. I get the fact that they have to be accountable, but there are other ways to be accountable.

Either Bo has a tremendously tight lid on this program (which seems unlikely given the fact that we've been talking about this for over two hours before it was in a local media outlet) or the local media just isn't doing a lot of investigative reporting.

EDIT - and the guys on 1480 The Spread, Jason Peter and the Nancy Boy (whatever his name is) are still not talking about Spano. They're talking about USA soccer vs. Mexico, the location of the Big XII Championship game, and other stuff. Nothing to do with Spano at all. Eh.

Not to be too harsh, but this does not speak well of local media. If this information is accessible to folks on the Internet/blogosphere/whatever, why can't they hint or allude to it at all?

Things that make you say hmmmm......

It's because that they need to confirm it with the reliable source before printing it.

About 27 years ago, a major national news network went with a rumor that the president was dead and reported it.

Trust me, they've been hearing the rumors for the same amount of time that we have, they just can't run with them without having accountability (like us). It had been reported yesterday that Spano was in street clothes. I imagine he had an MRI today, thus the coaches had nothing to confirm until after practice.

Clearly the coaches aren't the only sources available if guys on HuskerBoard and/or Rivals, plus a guy I speak to on the LJS website, knew about this by the time it was posted here. I get the fact that they have to be accountable, but there are other ways to be accountable.

Either Bo has a tremendously tight lid on this program (which seems unlikely given the fact that we've been talking about this for over two hours before it was in a local media outlet) or the local media just isn't doing a lot of investigative reporting.

EDIT - and the guys on 1480 The Spread, Jason Peter and the Nancy Boy (whatever his name is) are still not talking about Spano. They're talking about USA soccer vs. Mexico, the location of the Big XII Championship game, and other stuff. Nothing to do with Spano at all. Eh.

Husker Football is the biggest ticket in town. The media reports like hell on it. As was mentioned earlier, they can't just report anything without confirming it. Running an actual newspaper/radio station is different than posting ur wonderful musings on Huskerboard or your blog.

Husker Football is the biggest ticket in town. The media reports like hell on it. As was mentioned earlier, they can't just report anything without confirming it. Running an actual newspaper/radio station is different than posting ur wonderful musings on Huskerboard or your blog.

Well, thank you Captain Obvious.... errrr.... whatever. :)

Yeah, I know what you're saying. I know all about reporting with this little nifty Journalism background I have. So I get where you and Halpert are coming from, I really do. That doesn't mean you can't use other sources for your information.

After practice 1620 The Zone said that they'll know more about who is injuried but they said that Kody Spano has a wrap around his knee but they won't know more until practice is over when they talk to Bo Pelini.

But Kody Spano has a wrap around his knee and is sitting out of practice.....but we'll know more after practice

You don't say

Don't get upset that I typed the same thing you did....I was probably typing it when you just got done posting it. You beat me too it good for you

Yeah, I know what you're saying. I know all about reporting with this little nifty Journalism background I have. So I get where you and Halpert are coming from, I really do. That doesn't mean you can't use other sources for your information.

'Other sources' are rarely directly associated with the program. Who do you think they should be citing?

'Other sources' are rarely directly associated with the program. Who do you think they should be citing?

Well that Aquarium Guy seems to have really good information......

It seems all need to amp down a little. We will know the facts when it is time.

This happens everyday on every team. Thank god it was not a starter if it is true.

I hope for the best either way, and am not going to worry about it until it is fact.

Nothing anyone can do about it either way. Water under the bridge, time to move on.

Practice is over now but still no word. 1620 the Zone is talking to Vernon Miles a former Husker I believe right now and still no word about Spano

Geez some media outlets in Lincoln are not jumping on this type of news and I don't get it. I understand that it was a rumor but practice is over and there is still no word.....any news would be nice