Vick signs with Eagles

Proof positive the NFL doesn't care about character. All they care about is athleticism.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4397938

Updated: August 13, 2009, 8:39 PM ET

Vick, Eagles agreeComment Email Print Share By Chris Mortensen

ESPN.com

Archive

Quarterback Michael Vick has signed a two-year deal with the Philadelphia Eagles, his agent, Joel Segal, confirmed to ESPN.com.

Vick was the No. 1 draft pick in 2001, and once the highest-paid player in football. But he has not played since 2006 when his career came tumbling down. He was convicted in August 2007 of conspiracy and running a dogfighting operation, sentenced to 23 months in federal prison and suspended indefinitely by the NFL.

But after serving his time and being released from home confinement July 20, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell conditionally lifted Vick's suspension, allowing him to sign with a team.

I'll be surprised if he's worth a damn now............................ <_<

Don't think he will ever lack in the athleticism department. His problem is the thinking part of the game and I'm sure he had plenty of time to reflect on more than just his dogfighting mistakes during his time away!!

:bang:bang:bang

This stinks and I hope the Eagles go up in flames. He says he's sorry for what he did but really means he's sorry he got caught. I just really feel for the guy who got cut or will get cut to make room for this jerk. Hopefully there are a lot of linebackers and strong safeties out there who are dog lovers and will be lookin' for pay back for the dogs he slaughtered.

T_O_B

:bang:bang:bang

I first heard about the Eagles signing him while watching the Cardinals/Steelers preseason game...Then was shocked when they interviewed Larry Fitgerald (one of my current fav's).and he was showing a lot of support for Vick..

I used to consider myself a Dog lover..until I became a member of a Dog Park group..Turns out I just liked certain breeds.

But you almost have to be able to understand how these people can be exposed to dog fighting at an early age, get used to it..and then be OK with it.

I imagine it "entertains" the same way Boxing does to some people..I've only seen a handful of boxing matches on TV and a few Rocky movies...but I'm not sure I'd ever want to see one in person.

I also don't feel comfortable condemning someone for the way they treat these Dogs and still be OK with the way we treat Cows...To different cultures, we probably seem bloodthirsty just because we (I) am guilty of the ultimate torture..consuming their flesh.

It will be interesting to see if Vick continues to support the humane society after his mandatory involvement is over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHyKCB0pgdU

MHyKCB0pgdU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=al1vS_GKAcE&NR=1

al1vS_GKAcE&NR=1

• 3 weeks later...

Cleared to play by week three.

Although what Vick did and was involved with is disgusting and horrible, he served his punishment for almost two years at freakin Leavenworth. That's no celeb jail man. And not only did he serve his time/punishment for his crime, the Human Society teamed up with him. Knowing and understanding all of that the best I can, I have no problems with Vick playing again.

I'm not a fan of the Eagles but they are a good, proud organization. Their fans are the worst. Goodell said he'll be watched extremely close. And even though he can make a highlight reel for a few plays here and there, Vick still sucks overall as a QB. But in my opinion, he deserves to play and suck.. or succeed. Either way.