Mizzou needs to be Humbled

Hey he has a point.

They have had a pretty rough road to hoe. Not a lot to be happy about since Devine left until the last few years.

They have scoreboard and have every right to be arrogant.

I am sure we will correct that this year. Although I have heard they have a freshman QB that is tearing it up and a reciever that no one has heard of. I forget the names, but some feel the QB 6'5' 240 may be the best they have ever had. Who knows.

That is why we play the games.

I wonder if he will be like Josh Freeman, a sitting duck in the pocket

way off subject, but the answer is no, he is not a sitting duck

a lame duck? who quacks under pressure?

nice meltdown by tigers fan, some truth in the middle of the insanity. question is why are you guys so excited about a medicore team and coach? after you were destroyed in lincoln by the good teams you played you get excited about beating a couple of bad teams? almost losing to cu at home who was shut out in their loss to MU? And you think that was something? Really, truly funny.

Talk is cheap, see how you feel after going to Vtech, you will know who your team is. I could be wrong but the talent difference between tigers and nubs was incredible last yr, mu lost a ton of talent, nu lost a bunch of seniors who wern't very good. Tigers have reloaded but won't find out who they are untill they play a very good offensive Illini team. Who will win north? no one stands out as there are so many questions, KU does have the best proven offense but their d is totally unknown.

Will be interesting. We'll talk further after a certain october thursday. obviously I don't think you will be happy after a second bad loss early in the season. By then fans of both teams will know much more about their teams.

nice meltdown by tigers fan, some truth in the middle of the insanity. question is why are you guys so excited about a medicore team and coach? after you were destroyed in lincoln by the good teams you played you get excited about beating a couple of bad teams? almost losing to cu at home who was shut out in their loss to MU? And you think that was something? Really, truly funny.

Talk is cheap, see how you feel after going to Vtech, you will know who your team is. I could be wrong but the talent difference between tigers and nubs was incredible last yr, mu lost a ton of talent, nu lost a bunch of seniors who wern't very good. Tigers have reloaded but won't find out who they are untill they play a very good offensive Illini team. Who will win north? no one stands out as there are so many questions, KU does have the best proven offense but their d is totally unknown.

Will be interesting. We'll talk further after a certain october thursday. obviously I don't think you will be happy after a second bad loss early in the season. By then fans of both teams will know much more about their teams.

I don't know that I would categorize a 5-7 team that is ranked 40th in scoring offense as very good offense, nor would I use them as a measuring stick. <_<

However, as to your other point. I agree, there is no clear cut favorite to win the north at this point, but we will find out soon enough. :box

I could see Missou being 2-2 heading into the game vs. Nebraska.

Can't wait for that Thursday in October...

I could see Missou being 2-2 heading into the game vs. Nebraska.

Can't wait for that Thursday in October...

I think that is Nebraska's best bet. having a .500 (or worse) Mu team to play against. I have a feeling with the young talent on MU's roster that confidence and momentum will be a great barometer as to where the 2009 season goes. If MU comes in to that game 4-0 with confidence high, it could be a long night for Nebraska.

either way, as others have said we will know soon enough. Inside 2 weeks and counting till opening day

I think Mizzou needs a metaphoric Kellen Huston on the football field this year.

I'm not saying it was right or a good example of Nebraska sportsmanship. (In fact it was a rare example of Nebraska showing poor sportsmanship.) but watching that video always makes me laugh..

You know what really gets me about Missouri and Mizzou fans running their mouths. It's the fact that they win these games and get all this hype and almost become respectable and then CHOKE. Can't finish the job.

MIZZOU, if the stars align in your favor and the heavens smile upon you and a few times you actually beat Nebraska when we're down at least have the courtesy to stop running your yaps and beat fricken Oklahoma and Texas.. . embarassing the Big XII North.. Thanks for nothing.

Guess it's time we take the top back and show you how it's done.

I think Mizzou needs a metaphoric Kellen Huston on the football field this year.

I'm not saying it was right or a good example of Nebraska sportsmanship. (In fact it was a rare example of Nebraska showing poor sportsmanship.) but watching that video always makes me laugh..

You know what really gets me about Missouri and Mizzou fans running their mouths. It's the fact that they win these games and get all this hype and almost become respectable and then CHOKE. Can't finish the job.

MIZZOU, if the stars align in your favor and the heavens smile upon you and a few times you actually beat Nebraska when we're down at least have the courtesy to stop running your yaps and beat fricken Oklahoma and Texas.. . embarassing the Big XII North.. Thanks for nothing.

:yeah

My favorite line..."Humbled is losing to a bunch of toothless, hillbilly, inbred Buck Owens fans, dressed to red to the hilt as they pity clap you for your “effort” as you lose by 50 on your home field."

The fact that a guy from MISSOURI accuses Nebraskans of being toothless, inbreed, Buck Owens fans is hilarious to me. This coming from the hillbilly meth capitol of the planet!

Seriously, I spent a little time in S.W. MO. And I can tell you, some of those folks made Arkansinians seem cultured by comparison!

Why did he leave out Roy Clark?

Nice what I have been saying for awhile. Last year was MU's chance to do something and

still lost 4 games and they SHARED the north.

I wonder if some of these MU and KU posters post on the OU and Texas boards since you

haven't beat them in your so called prime.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Husker B @ Aug 21 2009, 08:48 AM) 454127[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->What the F just happened here?

Our part is not to ask what, or why, tuff tiger is what he is. Our part is simply to sit back and enjoy the ride. :thumbs

Thanks for fillin' in the blanks. If I'd have read this the other night after throwing down a six pack or two (or three) it might have made some sense, but sober? I...well I just didn't know what to say???? :dunno

Nice what I have been saying for awhile. Last year was MU's chance to do something and

I wonder if some of these MU and KU posters post on the OU and Texas boards since you

All I have is gut intuition to go on here...but:

Kansas and Missouri are in for a real rude awakening this season. The free passes they were given to kick the crap out of Nebraska during the former coaches tenure have been revoked.

This season the Huskers have come to kick a** and chew bubble gum...and they're all out of bubble gum.

All I have is gut intuition to go on here...but:

Kansas and Missouri are in for a real rude awakening this season. The free passes they were given to kick the crap out of Nebraska during the former coaches tenure has been revoked.

This season the Huskers have come to kick a** and chew bubble gum...and they're all out of bubble gum.

Which coaches are you talking about? Frank, Bill or Bo? Cause Missouri has stomped all three. ;)

Just messing with you Jen :lol:

It is not the homer in me, But MO has the best chance of sticking around. They have been a decent to good team for the past 5 or 6 seasons. They will have up and downs but I dont see them falling off the map. They have recruited better and better players over the past years and replaced good players with good or better players since 2003. But anyway, not that anyone cares to hear about MU...

I just like that people care enough to dislike my team now. We used to just be an after thought. Now Husker fans are :steam all the time.