Outlook for '09

So there are 13 days until the start of the '09 season for the Huskers.

As a life long Husker out here in Nevada, USA, these are the things I do know for '09 as of 8/23:

- Castille is gone, tough loss, but it's not like we are trying to replace an All American. The man broke the rules, so THE man decided to send him on his way (looks like we will all get to know a little more about the Plano guy named "Superman" here in about two weeks).

- The defense will be good if not great. Front line (Suh), will help a ton with young linebackers along with playmakers in the secondary.

- KU will not win because they don't have the same quality of players and our D coordinator isn't named Cosgrove (who by the way is still trying to figure out that tricky scheme from the top dogs in Pop Warner)

- 'Skers will win the game in Misery...They had two pretty good seasons but lightening in a bottle is gone (they do have a new scoreboard, so nothing could be better than breaking it in with a Nebraska win).

- VA Tech & OU will be a nice gauge as to where we are at.

- I'm gonna go out on a limb and put the skers at a 10-2 regular season (VA tech & OU losses) with a spot in the Big 12 champ game.

GBR!

As a life long Husker out here in Nevada, USA, these are the things I do know for '09 as of 8/23:

- Castille is gone, tough loss, but it's not like we are trying to replace an All American. The man broke the rules, so THE man decided to send him on his way (looks like we will all get to know a little more about the Plano guy named "Superman" here in about two weeks).

- The defense will be good if not great. Front line (Suh), will help a ton with young linebackers along with playmakers in the secondary.

- KU will not win because they don't have the same quality of players and our D coordinator isn't named Cosgrove (who by the way is still trying to figure out that tricky scheme from the top dogs in Pop Warner)

- 'Skers will win the game in Misery...They had two pretty good seasons but lightening in a bottle is gone (they do have a new scoreboard, so nothing could be better than breaking it in with a Nebraska win).

- I'm gonna go out on a limb and put the skers at a 10-2 regular season (VA tech & OU losses) with a spot in the Big 12 champ game.

GBR!

I don't know you from Adam, or Steve, but I really like the cut of your jib.

:clap

GBR!

I'm new, shiny 'er shiney? 'N stuff to the Huskerboard. So Hi!!!!

If you're in Vegas we'll have to meet up at Torino's pub and have a beer. I know there are 2 of us here in Las Vegas, a 3rd makes it just one more to have fun with on Saturdays.

I'm in Reno....Mizzou vs UNR game on its way so fly up and lets root fer NV (can't see myself cheering for Mizzou).

GBR!

Did anyone catch the article on Husker Extra talking about the increased use of the Nickle Package? There was a comment in there about how COZ would rarely every put in personnel packages other than the 4-3 base and force his LB's into bad match ups. How stubborn can you be? Every single offense in the Big XII spreads you out in some fashion. I mean seriously, we all knew he was bad but that really details how bad in a nutshell.

you guys think huskers can beat Vtech? really, on the road in blackwater? will be an informative game but not the way you expect. not a basher but realistic, your very inexperienced offense will have trouble doing anything against a very tough d and their O with an inexperienced offense didn't have any difficulties scoring against you in lincoln, when you were much more experienced on both sides of the ball.

everyone entitled to their opinion but you actually think you are going to go into columbia, lorance, waco and boulder and come out well? really. as for rooting against tigers, go ahead, i personally root for big 12 teams to do well as the head to head battles decide everything anyway, no such thing as "co-champions" when you play against each other, winner is who plays in championship game, period.

good luck on the season, your team has more questions and less talent than tigers, personally I don;t get too wrapped around the axle about football, enjoy the competition. but again, blackwater? really? wow that is amazing, course you guys don't give TT their dues, mike leach reloads he won't miss a beat. 10-2? really? now that's funny stuff! if you win at vt or actually competitive, good for you.

you guys think huskers can beat Vtech? really, on the road in blackwater? will be an informative game but not the way you expect. not a basher but realistic, your very inexperienced offense will have trouble doing anything against a very tough d and their O with an inexperienced offense didn't have any difficulties scoring against you in lincoln, when you were much more experienced on both sides of the ball.

everyone entitled to their opinion but you actually think you are going to go into columbia, lorance, waco and boulder and come out well? really. as for rooting against tigers, go ahead, i personally root for big 12 teams to do well as the head to head battles decide everything anyway, no such thing as "co-champions" when you play against each other, winner is who plays in championship game, period.

good luck on the season, your team has more questions and less talent than tigers, personally I don;t get too wrapped around the axle about football, enjoy the competition. but again, blackwater? really? wow that is amazing, course you guys don't give TT their dues, mike leach reloads he won't miss a beat. 10-2? really? now that's funny stuff! if you win at vt or actually competitive, good for you.

Wow, the "special" forum is on another site. I believe it is called TigerBoard.

Does this mean I have to forward my mail? I used to live in Blacksburg... now I apparently live in Blackwater.

1. Virginia Tech is located in Blacksburg, not Blackwater... :laughpound

2. You're right, everyone is entitled to their respective opinion. An opinion is like an a**hole...everybody got one.

3. You are going to have a rude awkening this season. Nebraska's defense, while certainly not where Bo wants them to be, has made tremendous strides. If you watched any of Nebraska's games last season, and judging by your post you did not, the Husker clearly improved, especially on defense, as the season progressed. And while we have questions at LB and both S spots, we have arguably one of the top DL's in the conference if not the nation and it's anchored by N. Suh who is the best DT in all of college football.

4. The part in green... :laughpound:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound

Edit: The part in red... :clap:clap:clap

GBR!

You are right, we have 3 of the top players in the country on our team, you only have 1. I have no idea how you figure you are loaded and we are a cut below. Some of you guys like to just write everything off to Cosgrove, but we have beaten a few teams other than you all over the last few years. We have got some talent. I liked our odds before you lost Q, like em better now. More people could get hurt though. We showed up banged up in Lincoln last year, and it showed. You play us late and Reesing ain't a big dude, so that could happen again. How you can write us off with such a bold statement is a little misguided in my view.

GBR!

You are right, we have 3 of the top players in the country on our team, you only have 1. I have no idea how you figure you are loaded and we are a cut below. Some of you guys like to just write everything off to Cosgrove, but we have beaten a few teams other than you all over the last few years. We have got some talent. I liked our odds before you lost Q, like em better now. More people could get hurt though. We showed up banged up in Lincoln last year, and it showed. You play us late and Reesing ain't a big dude, so that could happen again. How you can write us off with such a bold statement is a little misguided in my view.

I would say it is because we are all very anxious for the season to start and it is getting harder and harder to come up with a topic.....

I also wouldn't say any KU fan should write off Nebraska either.

1. Virginia Tech is located in Blacksburg, not Blackwater... :laughpound

2. You're right, everyone is entitled to their respective opinion. An opinion is like an a**hole...everybody got one.

3. You are going to have a rude awkening this season. Nebraska's defense, while certainly not where Bo wants them to be, has made tremendous strides. If you watched any of Nebraska's games last season, and judging by your post you did not, the Husker clearly improved, especially on defense, as the season progressed. And while we have questions at LB and both S spots, we have arguably one of the top DL's in the conference if not the nation and it's anchored by N. Suh who is the best DT in all of college football.

4. The part in green... :laughpound:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound

Edit: The part in red... :clap:clap:clap

1. Has everyone noticed that Jen has been numbering her posts all of a sudden?

You're right, everyone is entitled to their respective opinion. An opinion is like an a**hole...everybody got one.

Colostomy patients???? Don't know about that but . . .

3. Go Big Red

4. Doobie Brothers???